PDA

View Full Version : These moves need to happen ASAP

Mitchell55
08-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Stupar to TE (I dont care where he is, hes leading our team in catching and im pretty sure he is most likely leading the NFL in catches)

Bell to LT, Walker to RT, Wood and Han switch. Bell is alot better of a LT than Walker and Walker is a very good RT, Han has alot of trouble at center and is a place that Wood would do very well

Copeland to LE and Ellis to next backup. Will never happen but should

Corner to NB. So far has been looking better than all our corners.

Harris replace Ellison. Obvious reasons

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Stupar to TE (I dont care where he is, hes leading our team in catching and im pretty sure he is most likely leading the NFL in catches)

Bell to LT, Walker to RT, Wood and Han switch. Bell is alot better of a LT than Walker and Walker is a very good RT, Han has alot of trouble at center and is a place that Wood would do very well

So juggling the offensive line 2 weeks before the season starts is going to help things?

Just cause Jonathan Stupar can do it against 2nd and 3rd teamers, does not mean hes a starting TE in this league.

Dont knee jerk my friend

Mitchell55
08-23-2009, 01:29 AM
So juggling the offensive line 2 weeks before the season starts is going to help things?

Just cause Jonathan Stupar can do it against 2nd and 3rd teamers, does not mean hes a starting TE in this league.

Dont knee jerk my friend

Fine and Schouman cant even do it vs them. They play a mix of both 2nd stringers and 1st and never do anything. Its not juggling the OL, its putting everyone back to there natural position.

footballhottie
08-23-2009, 01:33 AM
What a ridicules way to eat popcorn.

YardRat
08-23-2009, 06:59 AM
I can't argue with the logic regarding the o-line.

Never have liked shuffling guys around on the most important unit on the offensive side of the ball, and never will.

If you draft a center, then plug him in at center.

k-oneputt
08-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Didn't you get the memo? The Bills, and their astute knowledge in the front office, can draft players and CHANGE their positions because they have a great coaching staff.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 08:27 AM
The crap I took for Peters and now you all are in panic mode.

Told you so!! Told you so!! Told you so!!!

Jan Reimers
08-23-2009, 08:34 AM
So, this whole thing is attributable to our trading the ill-conditioned, oft-injured, attidudinally-challenged Peters, who is not even playing for his new team?

!Papacrunk!
08-23-2009, 08:41 AM
still pre-season correct? This is the time to see all of the cracks and problems, especially since they're not going to come out in full force with everything until the regular season. Relax, I'm sure everything is going to be fine

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 08:43 AM
So, this whole thing is attributable to our trading the ill-conditioned, oft-injured, attidudinally-challenged Peters, who is not even playing for his new team?

We needed a Center. Our font office decided to get rid of our LG and LT, move our RT to LT, move our RG to RT, bring in two rookies to start.

I think everyone on this site could have lived with just the Hangartner move and developing some rookies behind the starters.

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm all for Nic Harris over Ellison. At least he's around the ball.

Corner the Nickel might be the plan anyway. I think Youboty is a goner, and Florence might not even bet that safe. the Mc's, Corner, Florence, Lankster?

DE will be a problem. Schobel looks finished. Kelsey stinks. Denney isnt' a starter. Ellis and Copeland are untested versus 1st string. Maybin hasn't even had pads on yet and is a bit of a project. Not much hope there for this year overall. Better to cut Kelsey and maybe even Denney and go with youth. Schobel after this year if he doens't improve.

Ko is gone. Scott to SS, WHitner to FS. Byrd as top backup, Wilson the other. Byrd to take over ASAP for Whitner at FS, Scott and ****ner to fight it out for SS. If Whitner doesn't make a few plays finally, he's gone after the year.

my 2 cents. I don't see playoffs happening as long as Jauron is here. this team CANNOT win versus the 3-4. and our entire division is 3-4.

So let the young guns learn on the fly and get ready to load up fresh with a new staff next year, a high draft pick, and some experience for the young guys as fast as you can.

The Line is gonna stink. But I'm all for letting the young guys learn this year. Let Bell take over LT. Move Wood to C where he belongs (Hangartner is NOT a starter, and we face a LOT of 3-4 NT's that he is NOT a good fit against) He doesn't have enough sand in his pants to handle them.
Bell-Levitre-Wood-Butler-Walker. Hangartner as top backup at C-G. Chambers at Rt, Walker to flip if bell gets hurt.

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Also, I think we've found a MAJOR weakness in Fred Jackson's game... BLITZ PICKUP! yikes.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 08:59 AM
The Line is gonna stink. But I'm all for letting the young guys learn this year. Let Bell take over LT. Move Wood to C where he belongs (Hangartner is NOT a starter, and we face a LOT of 3-4 NT's that he is NOT a good fit against) He doesn't have enough sand in his pants to handle them.
Bell-Levitre-Wood-Butler-Walker. Hangartner as top backup at C-G. Chambers at Rt, Walker to flip if bell gets hurt.

I haven't seen the game yet but I have this suspicion that Walker and Hangartner were getting hurt by Levitre being in the middle of them. He was getting tons of help in the last game.

Last year Peters got blamed for some obvious missed assignments by Dockery. I suspect the same is going on with Levitre.

Dr. Lecter
08-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I haven't seen the game yet but I have this suspicion that Walker and Hangartner were getting hurt by Levitre being in the middle of them. He was getting tons of help in the last game.

Last year Peters got blamed for some obvious missed assignments by Dockery. I suspect the same is going on with Levitre.

Because we all know Peters did no wrong.

Watch the game and then comment, but you already have your mind made up (like you do with all things related to Peters) so nothing will change your mind.

BillsWin
08-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Hangnarter wont switch. Hes probably been the best lineman against the 3-4 we have. He held his own at left tackle. Its our tackles that are getting abused.

BillsWin
08-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I only agree with moving Bell to LT and Harris over Ellison. Your other moves are ill founded. You base them on the player's good performances vs third and fourth stringers. I agree Stupar SHOULD make the team, but with Schouman the starter in the front offices mind, and two recent mid round picks backing him up, the only way we keep Stupar is if we lose the FB position. OBD isnt smart enough to make that move.

I want Wood to center as much as you do. Even more as I have been saying it since the draft. But, he has done well at RG so far and OBD loves Hangnarter at C too much to change that now. Levitre was too high a draft pick to move. Maybe if Butler has been the problem all along they lose him and put Walker at RT, but Im telling you this right now. The main problem Ive seen on the line besides no push in the run game, is Walker. He has been awful.

Copeland has performed well against the fourth team offensive line. Very well. That warrants him a backup spot, to have him start would be an absolute train wreck. IMO this is what will happen this season. Schobel and Kelsay will start with Ellis, Bryan and Maybin all getting rotated in at certain times. Maybin and Ellis a little more than Bryan.

Corner is a budding star and I agree with that move too, IF Florence isnt back soon. Florence was doing VERY good at nickel before his injury. Corner will be a starting CB for the Bills when McGee is gone, whether due to trade, injury or free angency.

DynaPaul
08-23-2009, 10:40 AM
The crap I took for Peters and now you all are in panic mode.

Told you so!! Told you so!! Told you so!!!

To make a counterpoint Peters hasn't looked all that hot and definitely not worth the money he wanted. Plus he didn't even want to be here anyway.

Mitchell55
08-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I only agree with moving Bell to LT and Harris over Ellison. Your other moves are ill founded. You base them on the player's good performances vs third and fourth stringers. I agree Stupar SHOULD make the team, but with Schouman the starter in the front offices mind, and two recent mid round picks backing him up, the only way we keep Stupar is if we lose the FB position. OBD isnt smart enough to make that move.

I want Wood to center as much as you do. Even more as I have been saying it since the draft. But, he has done well at RG so far and OBD loves Hangnarter at C too much to change that now. Levitre was too high a draft pick to move. Maybe if Butler has been the problem all along they lose him and put Walker at RT, but Im telling you this right now. The main problem Ive seen on the line besides no push in the run game, is Walker. He has been awful.

Copeland has performed well against the fourth team offensive line. Very well. That warrants him a backup spot, to have him start would be an absolute train wreck. IMO this is what will happen this season. Schobel and Kelsay will start with Ellis, Bryan and Maybin all getting rotated in at certain times. Maybin and Ellis a little more than Bryan.

Corner is a budding star and I agree with that move too, IF Florence isnt back soon. Florence was doing VERY good at nickel before his injury. Corner will be a starting CB for the Bills when McGee is gone, whether due to trade, injury or free angency.

Cope plays the 2nd stringers. He also started last year when Schobel was out

BillsWin
08-23-2009, 12:47 PM

and showed nothing. Im just saying maybe we should let a first or third round draft pick get a wack at the starting spot first. dont you think?

Mitchell55
08-23-2009, 01:29 PM
and showed nothing. Im just saying maybe we should let a first or third round draft pick get a wack at the starting spot first. dont you think?

I like the idea, but Cope has 2 sacks already and he has only played 2 preseason games vs GB and Chicago, both have a very good, deep line. Cope did ok last year and has improved dramastically. I think that we should put Ellis and Maybin as LE and RE on passing downs and the others on regular downs

BillyT92679
08-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I'd definitely prefer Copeland over Chris Kelsay, but then again I'd prefer anyone over him.

Seriously, is a rotational system of Bryan/Maybin and Ellis/Denney or Bryan/Denney, Ellis/Maybin really any worse than what we have seen out of Schobel and Kelsay?

Kelsay is Mr. I Don't Really Care About Sacks, and Schobel looks like someone's grandfather out there... plus who know if he is really recovered from the Lisfranc's. Sure, Schobel has the POTENTIAL to be better... but he's looked like he has lost a step since 2007 and that was way before the Lisfranc's. Why not try the younger guys and see what happens? Then again this is the same staff that WOULD NOT replace A Train with Freddie or Youboty with Jabari Greer.

Mahdi
08-23-2009, 06:11 PM

Agree 100% with everything.

Bryan has outplayed Kelsay in every way. Kelsay as usual is invisible on the field. If Bryan gets cut I will completely turn on this coaching staff.

Harris starting should be a no brainer at this point.

Ellis has done very well and should spell Schobel often in the regular season.

I hope we can get Byrd up to speed quickly because I dont think Scott is the answer.

Im ok with the OL struggling this game. Rookies going up against a very good and unfamiliar DL scheme wise.

The Walker at LT experiment shouldn't last too long. Bell should be there soon because he is just simply a much better athlete than Walker. IMO we will upgrade both OT positions with Bell going to LT.

I thought Stupar looked good of course. Seems to run nice routes. Nelson should be in the game more often with the ones.

Actually, I dont agree with Wood and Hangartner switching. Thats all though.

Mahdi
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Cope didnt play enough last year. Denney started at RDE and was marginal.

Oaf
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm all for Nic Harris over Ellison. At least he's around the ball.

Are you kidding? If anything, Harris should replace Mitchell- Ellison made the only good play for the entire starting defensive unit. And Bell? People are delusional after Peters success. While Walker hasn't gotten much push in the run game, he hasn't been beaten cleanly like Bell has the last two weeks in pass protection several times. Bell is clearly not ready, a closer look at the NFLN replay will reveal that.

mysticsoto
08-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Are you kidding? If anything, Harris should replace Mitchell- Ellison made the only good play for the entire starting defensive unit. And Bell? People are delusional after Peters success. While Walker hasn't gotten much push in the run game, he hasn't been beaten cleanly like Bell has the last two weeks in pass protection several times. Bell is clearly not ready, a closer look at the NFLN replay will reveal that.

Well here's the thing, Mitchell has played much better in the past. Let's not dump on him and praise Ellison b'cse Ellison made 1 good play. Look at the entire season last year and tell me who outplayed who...it's not even a contest.

Walker has been ok, but he's too slow to pull. And to be honest, he excelled at RT last year - which is why people want him back there. It does make sense that if Bell can handle LT duties, he should get it. He's faster and more athletic. It is a given that he's less experienced however, and that letting him man the spot will get us an occasional busted play from him...but I think we'll see the same from Walker anyway. It's why people are clamoring to put Bell in now - during preseason - he needs the experience. He's got the physical attributes and they need to take the next step now. If Walker moved down from 366 to 340, I'd be okay with keeping him at LT...but on that note...something would need to be done with Butler...he's sucking big time! And Chambers is not the answer either. He sucked yesterday also - against 2nd stringers!

Canadian'eh!
08-24-2009, 08:17 AM

My point was/is.. that if the lines are gonna suck, might as well have them suck with guys who need the experience. Walker is NOT the FUTURE at LT. So why bother playing him there? Bell may not be the answer either... but we might as well find out.

Oaf
08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
My point was/is.. that if the lines are gonna suck, might as well have them suck with guys who need the experience. Walker is NOT the FUTURE at LT. So why bother playing him there? Bell may not be the answer either... but we might as well find out.
A valid point, but the "might as well" could as well cost us a QB, an offense, or possibly a season.

patmoran2006
08-24-2009, 02:59 PM
According to your logic, shouldn't Omon be our starting RB?
He's outrushed and outproduced by Lynch in the preseason. .By a lot

Dying_-2-_Live
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
According to your logic, shouldn't Omon be our starting RB?
He's outrushed and outproduced by Lynch in the preseason. .By a lot

Exactly... Omon has been impressive, but not that impressive