PDA

View Full Version : We cannot afford days like today in the regular season

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Normally, a bad preseason performance would not bother me much at all heading to the regular season. However there are several reasons why the game tonight really has me worried

1. Our brutal schedule has a no room for error. A loss to the Bucs, or Jags, Saints, or Browns could very well cripple our season. We just cant have games where we fall apart like this.

2. Run Blocking. I dont find myself concerned too much about Edwards game, especially once TO gets back out there. The pass blocking has also shown some signs of improvment. However, our first team unit has not run the ball well AT ALL this preseason, and its really starting to get under my skin

3. Though this is preseason, the Packers have a high octane passing game. To me, this seemed like a good warm up for Brady and co week 1. Im sure Perry Fewell didnt pull out all the stops on defense, but the way they handled us tonight, simply does not bode well for keeping the score low enough to win against better offensive teams.

4. I really dont want a 10th season without playoffs.

SyraBillsLican
08-23-2009, 02:43 AM
why dont you keep your asinine statements to your damm self

Mitchell55
08-23-2009, 02:47 AM
No ****

footballhottie
08-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Do you two disagree because you genuinely think hes wrong or you can't handle the truth ?

Hemlepp53
08-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Preseason shows little for the regular season. The Lions went 4-0 last season. With that said.... we showed very little positive on first team offense but i know we used about 10% of the playbook. The defense was eaten on the pass and our oline was beaten probally 80% of the time in some sort of fashion. Disappointed in the game but expect alot more from the team over the season.

Kenny
08-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Preseason shows little for the regular season. The Lions went 4-0 last season. With that said.... we showed very little positive on first team offense but i know we used about 10% of the playbook. The defense was eaten on the pass and our oline was beaten probally 80% of the time in some sort of fashion. Disappointed in the game but expect alot more from the team over the season.

Just out of curiosity, -what in the past 5+years has this team showed that would make us expect alot more than what we've seen?

SyraBillsLican
08-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Hey OP! Spikes is long gone. Get a new handle, terd

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Hey OP! Spikes is long gone. Get a new handle, terd

At least he was actually a star player for our team.

Josh Reed SUCKS