PDA

View Full Version : The Next Coach Should Make Bold Lineup Changes

Night Train
08-23-2009, 06:54 AM
This is actually a positive long term post..because I do think we have some good young talent to replace many pretenders. I realize many of these guys are playing against 2nd-3rd stringers but many of our starters have proven they can't get the job done.

1. OLB Nic Harris is always around the ball. Reacts quickly and closes fast. Ellison is still a good backup & ST's player. Start him

2. DT Spencer Johnson keeps getting in the backfield. He's not a rookie but is playing tons better than Kyle Williams. Start him.

3. DE's Copeland Bryan & Chris Ellis - both have a great first step and are applying some pressure. Bryan is all over the field. Meanwhile, Schoblel & Kelsay look like they are stuck in mud. I could see both of them gone next year. What a waste of $$. Both deserved to be benched. Maybin can't arrive fast enough.

4. If T.O. leaves after this year, how can you leave Steve Johnson off the field ?

5. Seems like we have a lot of good TE's

6. Omon has power and speed. RB is no worry.

7. Bell is ready to start at LT now. Let the OL grow together as a unit, since I don't expect much this year anyhow. Experience is key.

8. Let Edwards play for his next contract. He's still a huge question mark. Fitzpatrick isn't the answer but is proving to be a solid backup.

9. WR,TE,RB,CB - all have very good depth.

Conclusion - The Bills have added a lot of promising young guys the last few years but replacing some of our proven (failing) starters seems like blasphemy to some ? Why ? They're proven losers so the young guys deserve a shot. They could replace 3 of the 4 DL starters today.
I'm betting the next coach (coming soon) will make the needed changes. There were many names I left out but I'm really impressed with a LOT of the young players I see.

We have more good young talent than people think but the wrong leadership. 2010 looks promising but 2009 may be a transition year because Jauron was kept here 2 years too long. Blame Ralph.

I still like this team, long term. Just not in 2009.

Yasgur's Farm
08-23-2009, 08:16 AM
I was hoping the talent could overcome the balless coaching... We need to change coaching before our young guys become infected with the desease... It's probably too late for Edwards.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I hope the Pats get Edwards. When he wins his Superbowl with a real team I want to be there.

elltrain22
08-23-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't know about you all, but I would love our next head coach to Bobby April. I have alot of confidence he would do really well w/ this team. If not him, I would love Mike Shanahan.

ddaryl
08-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I couldn't agree more...

Time to shake the tree....

but my faith in these types of decisions being made by this staff are slim to none and we all know slim left town

bigbub2352
08-23-2009, 10:08 AM
The front office did an exceptional job of selling us a lemon used car, anyone who thinks anything would change with this staff especially our front office and skeletor is a fool..
He is the worst head coach in the league hands down
His assistants schemes are awful
Edwards is glass since Wilson barried him
Ou DLine is an overpaid joke all 4 of them be optimistic all u want but fact of the matter is Williams and stroud are easily blocked as is Mccargo and Johnson they provide no pass rush and very little push back in the run game
Our DEs are laughable and way way overpaid keep taking banana routes to the qb guys real effective
Poz Mitchell and Ellison are one step 2 slow and they lack playmaking ability
Whitner is a joke a waste and a nother bust, he is so far off the ball on most plays it is ridiculous
Our Oline is weak yet again, Levitre and Hangartner ger pushed around Wood is solid and so is butler and walker but are not getting much push in the run game
sad we will be 8-8 at best

hydro
08-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I hope the Pats get Edwards. When he wins his Superbowl with a real team I want to be there.

Yes, we know you have a man crush for Edwards. :poop: