PDA

View Full Version : O-Line and Running Game

DBrown77
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I am usually a pretty optimistic person when it comes to the Bills, but yesterdays game put a bad taste in my mouth pre-season or not. Our offense and defensive lines have to be bottom 5 in the league.

Zero pass rush, holes you can drive a truck through on the D-line, horrible run blocking, and pass protection.

Granted it's the pre-season, but its the third preseason game and i am not seeing anything getting better.

Unfortunately I am thinking we wont get to seven wins this year

Here are a couple of stats to think about:

Run Avg

Omon - 2.7 ypc
Jackson - 2.5 ypc
Lynch - 2.1 ypc
Hall - 1.8 ypc
Rhodes - 4.6 ypc

We aren't going very far with the no huddle and no running game. Oh and TE in very limited time has been sacked 4 times, thrown 2 int's, and at least 1 fumble and has yet to make it to the end zone.

Someone please give me some logic to change my mind on this!

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 08:25 AM
The QB play is going to suffer without an effective o-line. When your franchise QB is getting sacked that easy in pre-season it tells me we are dead.

Don't worry the FO will convice you that it was all Jauron and Edwards fault, you will all buy in, and it will be optimismville all over again. Repeat after Ralph: "Peters is a money grubbing, non-team player".

jamze132
08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Dude, get over the Peters thing already, damn! He didn't want to be a Bill!

DraftBoy
08-23-2009, 11:48 AM
You're completely right and its very disturbing to see out there. Im a little afraid to watch the re-broadcast of the game at 4pm today but I wanna see the 2nd half.

BillsOwnAll
08-23-2009, 11:54 AM
HH do you want a LT on your team that is gonna holdout again and doesnt een wanna be on the team? rreally?

Hemlepp53
08-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Running game was crap but that had nothing to do with Peters. If Peters was lined up at LT this season and the moves werent made that the FO made we wouldnt see him on the field anyhow due to injury or contract BS. He is a non factor for us at this point now. In regards to the OLine, We got chewed up and spit out all day with the 1st team on the field. It is what it is.. if we can establish the run to some extent and have the WR pull everyone to the back field they wont be rushing with 1/2 the team and the pressure should cease. TO is a big factor and we wont get a total snap shot of our O until we are fully stocked and loaded in a real game situation. I think TO will have an impact on every level of the O once he is active and playing.