PDA

View Full Version : 53 Man Roster

Bmax
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
One should be Ko simpson getting his walking papers...

Other Cuts

Jon Corto
Pat Thomas
Ashton Youbooty
Seth Mckinney
Ryan Denney

Parrish and Kelsay could be dealt.. then Denney could be kept on the roster...

It seems that the Bills have tried this already , bit maybe with camp and pre season injuries they might finally find some suitors...

Bmax

Mitchell55
08-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Makes sense

Mr. Pink
08-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Denney should have been cut 3 years ago.

Corto will stay because he's good at special teams.

All you need to do is be good at special teams and you can stick around here for years.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Denney should have been cut 3 years ago.

All you need to do is be good at special teams and you can stick around here for years.

I think Denney is better than Kelsay but that's like saying that one guy is less ******ed than the other.

Yobouty is going to most likely get cut. Wow!

I like how the Bills have to keep drafting players to replace their ****ty draft picks from previous years. Why is Modrak still here?

Hemlepp53
08-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Yobouty is going to most likely get cut. Wow!

Speaking of Yobouty... I just saw District 9 today... The Aliens look just like his ass... I couldnt beleive it... Just wanted to state that... I agree we keep Corto on ST and cut the rest.

BillyT92679
08-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I just have a gut feeling Chris Kelsay gets cut.

mysticsoto
08-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I just have a gut feeling Chris Kelsay gets cut.

I so wish this were true...but not giving Bryan or Ellis any time with the starters means he likely stays unless Maybin looks fantastic out there...which is unlikely to happen that fast.

mybills
08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Who the hell was narrating that GB game? He said they have to get down to a 43 man roster. :shakeno:

jimbohastle51
08-23-2009, 09:47 PM
no way mckinney gets cut. he has the most starts at center of any O lineman on the team and he can also play both guard positions, no way he doesnt make it, he is a backup at 3 spots and able to easily start in this league, he has over 35 NFL starts already.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 10:04 PM
no way mckinney gets cut. he has the most starts at center of any O lineman on the team and he can also play both guard positions, no way he doesnt make it, he is a backup at 3 spots and able to easily start in this league, he has over 35 NFL starts already.

Sorry but I think Mckinney is getting cut. He has been awful.

soapman
08-23-2009, 10:32 PM
I hope soft ass Hamden gets cut.

mysticsoto
08-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry but I think Mckinney is getting cut. He has been awful.

McKinney has been awful despite him being a veteran and one of the more experienced lineman we have - but he's gotten atleast 1 penalty each game so far. Sadly, b'cse he can play anywhere in a pinch, he will likely be retained.

patmoran2006
08-24-2009, 01:19 AM
One should be Ko simpson getting his walking papers...

Other Cuts

Jon Corto
Pat Thomas
Ashton Youbooty
Seth Mckinney
Ryan Denney

Parrish and Kelsay could be dealt.. then Denney could be kept on the roster...

It seems that the Bills have tried this already , bit maybe with camp and pre season injuries they might finally find some suitors...

Bmax
I agree about Simpson, he's very likely gone, and deservedly so.. He's had chances and has done nothing with them. And I really liked him as a rookie and thought he could be a ball hawk.

Poz, Mitchell, Ellison and Harris are locks at LB. If your cutting Thomas AND Corto, who are the other two that stick on the roster? They're keeping 6 LB, if not 7 (probably 6)

Youboty is a possibility, but I don't think so. I think the Bills keep 6 corners (and four safeties) this season: McKelvin, McGee, Corner, Florence, Lankster and Youboty. However, if they only keep five you could very well be right (or they can put Lankster on the PS)

Seth McKinney. I very highly doubt. He can backup several positions, including center. I don't see any way, nor reason to cut him.

Denney is a possibility for sure. It makes sense with Schobel, Kelsay, Ellis, Maybin and possibly Bryan in front of him. But he's a vet that the team really likes, so even if Bryan has more upside I could see Denney being kept ahead of him because they consider him more reliable. Could the Bills keep 6 defensive ends? I very highly doubt it.

patmoran2006
08-24-2009, 01:21 AM
BTW..
Stupar is looking very good, and no way are the BIlls keeping 4 tight ends. He's emerging as a candidate to make this team, and could lead to Fine or Schouman being a surprise cut (more likely Schouman)

jimbohastle51
08-24-2009, 01:50 AM
BTW..
Stupar is looking very good, and no way are the BIlls keeping 4 tight ends. He's emerging as a candidate to make this team, and could lead to Fine or Schouman being a surprise cut (more likely Schouman)

i agree with schouman being a surprise cut. no way fine gets cut as he has so much up side, and is a talented blocker as well as route runner and catcher (by far he is our best TE right now) and nelson is more of the tony scheffler mold (not the blocker fine is but a major receiving threat) fine and nelson could be our 2 top TE's for the foreseeable future. i could easily see them keeping stupar over schouman because in reality fine and nelson will be getting the majority of the reps anyways i would think.

Ebenezer
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Youboty is a possibility, but I don't think so. I think the Bills keep 6 corners (and four safeties) this season: McKelvin, McGee, Corner, Florence, Lankster and Youboty. However, if they only keep five you could very well be right (or they can put Lankster on the PS)

unless he turns it around quick there is no way Lankster makes this team after that pitiful performance against GB.

yordad
08-24-2009, 06:44 AM

All you need to do is be good at special teams and you can stick around here for years.If Corto stays, you'll have made your point. But, I think he is 99% a goner. I really do not think the Bills cut good defenders in favor of good special teamers. It can be a deciding factor if it's close, but you make it sound like a main factor.

yordad
08-24-2009, 06:45 AM
BTW..
Stupar is looking very good, and no way are the BIlls keeping 4 tight ends. He's emerging as a candidate to make this team, and could lead to Fine or Schouman being a surprise cut (more likely Schouman)I think they keep 4. All 4.

Luisito23
08-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Youbouty's going nowhere.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 06:57 AM
BTW..

Derek Fine has dropped some balls. I think Fine might be odd man out. Plus Shouman is a better blocker.

I would put money on it.

DraftBoy
08-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Youbouty's going nowhere.

What do you base that on? He's made no plays so far while Lankset and Corner have continually made plays.

yordad
08-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Derek Fine has dropped some balls. I think Fine might be odd man out. Plus Shouman is a better blocker.

I would put money on it.Put money on what? Could you be more specific? Oh, and what kind of money?

Mitchell55
08-24-2009, 07:44 AM
unless he turns it around quick there is no way Lankster makes this team after that pitiful performance against GB.

Are you BSin me. Lankester has been our best corner in every game aside from the greenbay game. If you would base every cut on that game we have no team.

Canadian'eh!
08-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Wow... The biggest problem the Bills have is that they have a lot of good depth, but the "starters" are really no better than the "depth".

Look at TE. Nothing really seperates the 4 players we have, with the exception of Nelson having the best recieving skills and most potential. But are any of them quality NFL starters right now? Not even close! but how do you decide who to keep or cut? Stupar has done the most in camp, but the Bills tend to be stupidly dedicated to certain players (and coaches!) no matter how badly they play. (see: Ellison, Keith)

The front office lacks Balls. The ONLY ballsy move they ever made was signing TO, and that was STRICLY a sell tickets desperation move (that worked)

Canadian'eh!
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't think Lankster makes it through waivers to go to the PS. Someone will claim him for his ball skills. I'd keep 5 and cut Youboty. He'd be good if he could stay on the field, which he can't.

Our LB's are awful aside from maybe Poz. Though I like what i've seen from Nic Harris. Lots to learn but he's around the ball a LOT.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Are you BSin me. Lankester has been our best corner in every game aside from the greenbay game. If you would base every cut on that game we have no team.

Lankster had two gift picks the week before. He's not that great.