PDA

View Full Version : Ellis and Bryan..

Prov401
08-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Seriously, at this point, Chris Ellis, and Copeland Bryan are constantly getting pressure when they're put in the game. It seems they are always hyped up, and near the football. Yea, they're working against the 2nd stringers and what-not, but they still have to run/swim/spin around 6'4 320lb tackles no matter what. And they are both doing it on a consistent level. Judging by these few games, I would love to see Ellis start over Schobel, and Bryan start over Kelsey. I know it isn't going to happen, but these under the radar ends are impressing me far more than our starting DE's.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Seriously, at this point, Chris Ellis, and Copeland Bryan are constantly getting pressure when they're put in the game. It seems they are always hyped up, and near the football. Yea, they're working against the 2nd stringers and what-not, but they still have to run/swim/spin around 6'4 320lb tackles no matter what. And they are both doing it on a consistent level. Judging by these few games, I would love to see Ellis start over Schobel, and Bryan start over Kelsey. I know it isn't going to happen, but these under the radar ends are impressing me far more than our starting DE's.

This has to be the last season for Schobel and Kelsay.

mysticsoto
08-23-2009, 10:34 PM
This has to be the last season for Schobel and Kelsay.

That's what I thought before Kelsay got extended. :(

Tatonka
08-23-2009, 10:45 PM
schobel has gotten consistent pressure.. people need to get their head out of their ass.. you want to start copeland bryan over aaron schobel..

what the ****... lol.

Prov401
08-23-2009, 11:01 PM
schobel has gotten consistent pressure.. people need to get their head out of their ass.. you want to start copeland bryan over aaron schobel..

what the ****... lol.

Lol yea I hear ya.... What am I thinking?, He's playing like Bruce Smith out there. 2 tackels in 3 games. No sacks... and I'm guessing the 'pressure' your talking about, is the patentent Schobel-esque, 'let me get there as soon as the QB releases the ball, his 9th second into the hike', tactic he's used the past 2+ years. And no, I didn't say replace Schobel with Bryan, I said replace the 2 tackles Schobel has, with the constant intesity, passion, and pressure that Chris Ellis brings to the table. You know, the guy with 15 tackles, a sack, and a knack for not getting owned.

Tatonka
08-24-2009, 07:49 AM
im sure copeland bryan would be just awesome against an actual start LT in the league.. the coaches are just starting schobel because he makes more money..

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM
im sure copeland bryan would be just awesome against an actual start LT in the league.. the coaches are just starting schobel because he makes more money..

I get your point to a degree but I would be shocked if Schobel gets 5 sacks this year. So what are we really losing at this point?

Copeland Bryan actually looks better against the run. Schobel is in pass rush mode on every play. He isn't physical enough out there to watch the play. Copeland Bryan is winning his battle and being able to adjust to the play as it develops.

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 08:38 AM
I cant believe its Ellis and Bryan that are battling out for the last DE spot while Denney and Kelsay are safe.

If either one of these gets cut for 2 DEs who do absolutely nothing then we deserve to be a losing team once again.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/bryan-and-elllis-reach-crunch-time/42edcc33-a91b-4b7d-ac8c-ee6a6ca4267f

psubills62
08-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I cant believe its Ellis and Bryan that are battling out for the last DE spot while Denney and Kelsay are safe.

If either one of these gets cut for 2 DEs who do absolutely nothing then we deserve to be a losing team once again.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/bryan-and-elllis-reach-crunch-time/42edcc33-a91b-4b7d-ac8c-ee6a6ca4267f

If Ellis and Bryan continue to play well in these last two games, I have a feeling either Denney or Kelsay will get dumped. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought the coaches have done well at keeping players who perform in preseason. Heck, Copeland Bryan had one very good game against Detroit's second and third-stringers last year and made the cut.

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 08:57 AM
If Ellis and Bryan continue to play well in these last two games, I have a feeling either Denney or Kelsay will get dumped. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought the coaches have done well at keeping players who perform in preseason. Heck, Copeland Bryan had one very good game against Detroit's second and third-stringers last year and made the cut.
Yeah but this staff has some sort of attachment to Kelsay and Denney. Got a bad feeling they wont be able to cut one of the Vets.

psubills62
08-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah but this staff has some sort of attachment to Kelsay and Denney. Got a bad feeling they wont be able to cut one of the Vets.

Yeah, it's certainly possible. Here's hoping they give Ellis and Bryan a chance. Up to this point, they've certainly earned it.

yordad
08-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Kelsey or Denney, one is a goner. Bryan has played his way onto this team. Has Denney even played?

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Kelsey or Denney, one is a goner. Bryan has played his way onto this team. Has Denney even played?
Has Kelsay even played?

yordad
08-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Has Kelsay even played?I know, right. I did see some run plays that ran right around him when he was supposed to have outside containment, so I know he has hit the field, lol.

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I know, right. I did see some run plays that ran right around him when he was supposed to have outside containment, so I know he has hit the field, lol.
Also, the bonus is that Ellis and Bryan are also playing solid against the run. So there is no excuse to keep either of those vets cause they play better run D.

mysticsoto
08-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Denney contributes on STs also and is relatively cheap. Kelsay on the other hand is stealing his paycheck!

bigbub2352
08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Problem is this isnt a winning organization they refuse to eat money on contracts, so we are stuck with these bums like kelsay and denney schobel and whitner etc, cause we wont cut them
they make to much and bills would have to eat to much money by cutting them
sad
best players should make the team not bums who are worthless but being paid like kings
i hate this staff and front office

Yasgur's Farm
08-24-2009, 10:07 AM
I get your point to a degree but I would be shocked if Schobel gets 5 sacks this year. So what are we really losing at this point?

Copeland Bryan actually looks better against the run. Schobel is in pass rush mode on every play. He isn't physical enough out there to watch the play. Copeland Bryan is winning his battle and being able to adjust to the play as it develops.HH... Not to sound the "I told you so" horn... But I have mentioned Ellis in particular throughout the offseason as an example of how we can expect an improved roster from our younger players who seemingly have made no previous contribution.

M
08-24-2009, 10:12 AM

Chris Brown intimated on BBMB that Denney may be the odd one out.

yordad
08-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Problem is this isnt a winning organization they refuse to eat money on contracts, so we are stuck with these bums like kelsay and denney schobel and whitner etc, cause we wont cut them
they make to much and bills would have to eat to much money by cutting them
sad
best players should make the team not bums who are worthless but being paid like kings
i hate this staff and front officeThey did cut Dockery, so this isn't a law.

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Really? u have a link to that?

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 10:47 AM
HH... Not to sound the "I told you so" horn... But I have mentioned Ellis in particular throughout the offseason as an example of how we can expect an improved roster from our younger players who seemingly have made no previous contribution.

He would have to make the team first. Second he would have to be replacing one of our lesser players which doesn't seem likely.

M
08-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Really? u have a link to that?

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=160401&page=2

It was in response to the thread "Bryan and Ellis reach crunch time"

HHURRICANE
08-24-2009, 10:51 AM

I don't remember hating our DEs so much. I would actually respect our staff more if they just cut Denney, Schobel, and Kelsay at the same time because I hate all of them.

1) Kelsay because he sucks.

2) Schobel because he is overpaid and doesn't even bring leadership to the team.

3) Denney because he wouldn't be on any roster playing.

justasportsfan
08-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't remember hating our DEs so much. I would actually respect our staff more if they just cut Denney, Schobel, and Kelsay at the same time because I hate all of them.

2) Schobel because he is overpaid and doesn't even bring leadership to the team.

cutting our best DE does not help the team. Dumb idea.

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 10:59 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=160401&page=2

It was in response to the thread "Bryan and Ellis reach crunch time"
That gives me some hope that the Bills will do the right thing here and let go of the underachievers.

Thanks for the link!

Mahdi
08-24-2009, 11:01 AM

1) Kelsay because he sucks.

3) Denney because he wouldn't be on any roster playing.
Actually I like what I have seen from Schobel so far in the preseason. He looks powerful and I have seen him push OTs into the QB a couple of times already. Including shoving Orlando Pace all the way into Cutler which resulted in McKelvin's pick.

jaybo_05
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Even after the opener last year when I was really excited with the potential this team showed, watching this video really discouraged me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1sKsON2aQ4

I know Schobel is a subdued guy, but the attitude that he's consistently displaying here is the ANTITHESIS of what this team and especially the front four of our D need.

There is no other way to look at this than to admit that he is purely going through the motions. ZERO HEART.

If I was the coach of this team and I heard this stuff on a regular basis the only thing Schobel would be earning was a bus ticket out of town.

Captain gameboy
08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I have no problem with Schobel this year.

The difference between Ellis and the Denney/Kelsay combo is that when Ellis' first move doesn't work, and that happens a lot because he isn't overpowering, he bounces off and pursues laterally, almost always ending up with an assist or near the ball.

Denney/Kelsay, on the other hand, seem to be velcroed to to the rt, and never get out of the block.

This last week was horrible, but was most horrible was the LDE and Mitchell performance.

I really do not like Mitchell, and I'd love to cut ties with Denney/Kelsay.