This game revealed some scary stuff but it wasn't all bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

This game revealed some scary stuff but it wasn't all bad.

The game was not good. I am blaming the coaching staff for alot of it. To the O observations:

1) Edwards pick was clearly pass interference. The annoucer saw it and it was obvious. In a real game I beleive that play is negated with the flag.

2) Out of the two sacks Edwards took, one was definately on him. Trent you don't have six seconds to get rid of the ball. The other sack was clearly on Brad Butler which leads to point 3>

3) Brad Butler got destroyed. He got his ass handed to him. That was not what I was expecting.

4) Walker didn't play as badly as alot thought here however watching him trying to pull on the running plays is sickening.

5) Bell did play well. Sorry for doubting you Demetrius. Maybe he should be playing in place of Butler.

Look guys it was not a good game. Edwards got out of rythm quickly and he didn't look sharp at all. The o-line really got worked over. With that said I still think that TO can keep any defense on their toes and this might be the difference maker especially when things get off to a rough start.

To The D:

1) Terrence McGee got owned by Driver, not once, but twice. McGee is and will always be a mediocre CB.

2) Our DEs are the worst in the league. Period. Kelsay might not make another roster if he got cut.

3) With the coaching staff knowing that our DEs suck why wouldn't you be getting Ellis and Bryan as much playing time as possible. Denney was horrible but you leave him out there?

4) Our DTs are solid.

5) The Tampa 2 officially sucks.
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: This game revealed some scary stuff but it wasn't all bad.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    The game was not good. I am blaming the coaching staff for alot of it. To the O observations:

1) Edwards pick was clearly pass interference. The annoucer saw it and it was obvious. In a real game I beleive that play is negated with the flag.

2) Out of the two sacks Edwards took, one was definately on him. Trent you don't have six seconds to get rid of the ball. The other sack was clearly on Brad Butler which leads to point 3>

3) Brad Butler got destroyed. He got his ass handed to him. That was not what I was expecting.

4) Walker didn't play as badly as alot thought here however watching him trying to pull on the running plays is sickening.

5) Bell did play well. Sorry for doubting you Demetrius. Maybe he should be playing in place of Butler.

Look guys it was not a good game. Edwards got out of rythm quickly and he didn't look sharp at all. The o-line really got worked over. With that said I still think that TO can keep any defense on their toes and this might be the difference maker especially when things get off to a rough start.

To The D:

1) Terrence McGee got owned by Driver, not once, but twice. McGee is and will always be a mediocre CB.

2) Our DEs are the worst in the league. Period. Kelsay might not make another roster if he got cut.

3) With the coaching staff knowing that our DEs suck why wouldn't you be getting Ellis and Bryan as much playing time as possible. Denney was horrible but you leave him out there?

4) Our DTs are solid.

5) The Tampa 2 officially sucks.
    Wow, I pretty much agree with every single thing you said. The past few weeks, including just minutes ago, I've been posting on this site expressing my hatred for the Cover 2, and our starting DE's. Schobel is done. Period. He is a back-up in the NFL. Ellis is clearly out-playing him in all aspects of the game, against second stringers or not. He plays with more passion, quickness, and intensity.

Again ,the Cover 2 is pathetic. You need Elite CB's, and fast LB's to play this scheme. Last night I was watching the Packer's drive for their first TD. Before Rodgers even broke the huddle, I saw Leodis practically on the goal line about 7 yards off the reciever. My inner monolouge at that moment, (Slant, Touchdown). 3 Seconds later, slant, touchdown. Tight Ends kill us underneath, and though I do like our LB's, they arent fast, which they need to be. I truly think this defense would excel in a 3-4, especially if Maybin can get in here. But obviously the Cover 2 will be seen throughout the season.

And yea, Terrance Mcgee is an average CB. He is probably the most inconsitent defensive player we have.

On offense, to me it's all about the line and Trent this year. I think we have a top 5 Recieving Corps, and a top 7 Running attack. If we can keep Trent off of his back, we should be alright. We couldn't ask for a better team to be facing in our 3rd pre-season game this weekend in Pittsburgh. I just hope Roethlisberger plays.
    Last edited by Prov401; 08-23-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Great posting cane. Everything you said was true.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
        Wow, I pretty much agree with every single thing you said. The past few weeks, including just minutes ago, I've been posting on this site expressing my hatred for the Cover 2, and our starting DE's. Schobel is done. Period. He is a back-up in the NFL. Ellis is clearly out-playing him in all aspects of the game, against second stringers or not. He plays with more passion, quickness, and intensity.

Again ,the Cover 2 is pathetic. You need Elite CB's, and fast LB's to play this scheme. Last night I was watching the Packer's drive for their first TD. Before Rodgers even broke the huddle, I saw Leodis practically on the goal line about 7 yards off the reciever. My inner monolouge at that moment, (Slant, Touchdown). 3 Seconds later, slant, touchdown. Tight Ends kill us underneath, and though I do like our LB's, they arent fast, which they need to be. I truly think this defense would excel in a 3-4, especially if Maybin can get in here. But obviously the Cover 2 will be seen throughout the season.

And yea, Terrance Mcgee is an average CB. He is probably the most inconsitent defensive player we have.

On offense, to me it's all about the line and Trent this year. I think we have a top 5 Recieving Corps, and a top 7 Running attack. If we can keep Trent off of his back, we should be alright. We couldn't ask for a better team to be facing in our 3rd pre-season game this weekend in Pittsburgh. I just hope Roethlisberger plays.
        I'll add a little something...for a cover 2 to work what you really need is an outstanding Dline and we haven't had that since the Bruce Smith days. Our DTs are doing well to stop the run up the middle and even occasionally penetrate, but our DEs are useless...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

The excitement of signing TO was to cover up how crappy this team is going to be. 4-12.

Comment

• lmcshadow
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            I'll add a little something...for a cover 2 to work what you really need is an outstanding Dline and we haven't had that since the Bruce Smith days. Our DTs are doing well to stop the run up the middle and even occasionally penetrate, but our DEs are useless...
            I second that motion Mystic..the DE lack of progress has been a problem, yet the staff is just ignoring the problem. Jim kelly made statement about our team on espn...he sounds like he is fed up.
            Last edited by lmcshadow; 08-23-2009, 11:04 PM.
            The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lmcshadow
              I second that motion Mystic..the DE lack of progress has been a problem, yet the staff is just ignoring the problem. Jim kelly made statement about our team on espn...he sounds like he is fed up.
              http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...for-Bills.html
              I always thought Kelly would make a great coach some day. He understood play calling really well when he was out there. A general on the field...maybe some day he'll consider it...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                The excitement of signing TO was to cover up how crappy this team is going to be. 4-12.
                Although I might agree that there was definately some marketing invloved in this decision the fact remains that TO can still play at the highest of levels in the NFL.

If he stays healthy there is no way we win only 4 games. This team is going to win 7 games again if he stays on the field.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I disagree on PI being on the first INT, it was bang, bang, and even then the hand on the back would of been a really ticky tacky call. That a toss up 50/50 call most of the time. You can't blame the official for not throwing the flag, or for throwing it if he had.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                    • Feb 2008

Finally someone else agrees that McGee is overated

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Although I might agree that there was definately some marketing invloved in this decision the fact remains that TO can still play at the highest of levels in the NFL.

If he stays healthy there is no way we win only 4 games. This team is going to win 7 games again if he stays on the field.
                      TO does not make this team a 7 game winner.

I said 3 wins before he signed and will go with 4 or 5 now. No more than that.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        I disagree on PI being on the first INT, it was bang, bang, and even then the hand on the back would of been a really ticky tacky call. That a toss up 50/50 call most of the time. You can't blame the official for not throwing the flag, or for throwing it if he had.

You can also blame it on Evans not going to the ball.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          If you have the game on DVR please rewatch the play. It was blatant pass interference, not a 50/50 call. Even the announcer confirmed it after he saw it on replay.

They guy hit Evans prior to the ball getting there. End of story. It wasn't a close call.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Can TO rush the passer?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Can TO rush the passer?
                              One player can have a pretty big impact. The Bills were 7-1 with Josh Reed on the field. When he got hurt there was no one left to pass to.

TO is going to win you some games just by being on the field and causing the defense to play differently. You can't blitz as hard when he is out there.

As for the D, yeah we are screwed. I said we needed pass rushers three years ago in the draft and Justa and a bunch of you criticized me for it. How did that work out?

Comment

Working...
                              X