PDA

View Full Version : Gutless Coach, Gutless QB, Gutless Team

raphael120
08-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Our coach does not take chances or know what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Our coaching staff does not prepare this team for games and it effects the whole entire team. I give this team 5 games before T.O. starts doggin the Bills, and you know what, I'll be the guy applauding him. I don't like ANYONE on our team, coaching, on down. You want to like Edwards, but he has shown nothing. JP Losman gave us a roller coaster ride and I think made the bonehead plays that much worse, but Edwards has shown nothing thus far aside from one KC game. No 300 yard games, hasn't scored more than 2 TDs through the air. He can't play in the cold, he can't play against the 3-4, he has not shown that he can be a starting QB in the NFL. His comments are embarrassing. "They threw a lot at us that we weren't expecting" "The defense didn't give us much"

That last one gets my blood boiling. Since when is football all about what the defense "gives" you? At what point does the offense start dictating to the defense and start TAKING things.

Our QB does not know how to take shots down the field always dumping down to the safer option. He's afraid to take chances. He doesn't know how to read 3-4 defenses. He looks LOST out there.

It's no longer a question of if NE will beat us, but just how friggin BAD they're going to beat us (as it's always been that way). I honesly see something like 51-3 or some joke of a score like that. Revisit this thread after that MNF game and I'm sure many will agree with all the above statements. This is the SAME TEAM from last year, and honestly, it looks even WORSE because of the Oline issues now. I hardly doubt that T.O. on the field will take care of all of our teams issues. You have to hand it to the front office though, they knew exactly how to reel all the fans back in. Sign T.O. to cover up the fact that we've regressed at O-line, our LB corp is a joke, our DE's are a joke, and we have 15 CB's on the roster that are useless because the opposing QB has all day to throw the ball and let the WR's get open. This team is just SO DUMB! I'm giving this team 5 games. 5. To prove to me that the past 7-9 seasons were building and culminating into a winning season. (Actually that statement sounds really ****ing stupid now that I read it...3 7-9 seasons better build into something!)

Now for all of you who say "it's just preseason", Im not making these statements based off 1 preseason game. I'm basing it on 9 inept years of borderline professional football in Buffalo. This team is a JOKE, this team is getting to the likes of the Lions, and thats SAD! I love the Bills, I love football, but it gets to a point where watching the Bills play is just not FUN anymore. Football is supposed to be FUN. The Bills have been so bad lately that they're just not fun anymore. It's to the point where there is very very little hope. They don't even throw you a bone to even give you the hope aside from the KC game last year. They don't show glimpses of being good, and i still see nothing. This coach needs gone, Ralph needs to bring a real NFL coach in here that knows how to win and knows how to build a team and hold players accountable for piss poor play.

billsfanone
08-24-2009, 12:14 PM
I love Trent, but I have to agree.

mchurchfie
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
This team isn't built for a championship, it is a mediocre product that will give us just enough hope once in awhile to keep the ticket sales moving. No more, no less...well, maybe less.

justasportsfan
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Conservative Philosophy
"you take what the D gives you"

Champions
"We're shoving our O up your arse"

ddaryl
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Conservative Philosophy
"you take what the D gives you"

Champions
"We're shoving our O up your arse"

LMAO

that sums it up nicely

Historian
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
The crowd booed Jauron at the Chicago game, because he played for the field goal on one of their drives.

elltrain22
08-24-2009, 12:35 PM
me being an overwhelming optimist, I am slowly and unfortunately coming to the realization that we might possibly be one of the worst teams in the league this year. With that said though, that may be a good thing, for several reasons. First off, hopefully Ralph will get us a good head coach, along w/ a knowledgeable coaching staff. Second, we'll got a top pick, that we'll hopefully use on a franchise type quarterback. Third, if we do suck this year, maybe our team can play alot of its younger players getting them good game experience for next years team.

I always try to put a positive spin on things, and this situation, w/ this season in mind, thats about all ya can do. Yeah, its only preseason, but it looks like we really have all the makings of jackcrap!!

yordad
08-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Water is wet.
The sky is blue.
The Bills suck.

:(

mchurchfie
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
if we do suck this year, maybe our team can play alot of its younger players getting them good game experience for next years team.

We've been doing that for the last ten years.:ill:

The King
08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Here's the good news Shannahan hasn't signed anywhere yet

ddaryl
08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Water is wet.
The sky is blue.
The Bills suck.

and so do you

sorry had to complete the poem... that wasn't a dig at you just me being creative

ALSO

th eteam is gutless because the coaches are... Coaching Coaching Coaching... that is the single common denominator to our troubles.

I hated DJ last year and begged for him to be fired, and here we are seeing the same DJ crap again

ddaryl
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM

You want even better news

Cowher isn't coaching anywhere. He has the proper attitude that this teams need IMO

there are a few coaches out there that would up grade us tremendously

raphael120
08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
me being an overwhelming optimist, I am slowly and unfortunately coming to the realization that we might possibly be one of the worst teams in the league this year. With that said though, that may be a good thing, for several reasons. First off, hopefully Ralph will get us a good head coach, along w/ a knowledgeable coaching staff. Second, we'll got a top pick, that we'll hopefully use on a franchise type quarterback. Third, if we do suck this year, maybe our team can play alot of its younger players getting them good game experience for next years team.

I always try to put a positive spin on things, and this situation, w/ this season in mind, thats about all ya can do. Yeah, its only preseason, but it looks like we really have all the makings of jackcrap!!

1. You shouldn't be hoping we suck. Guess what, we have been and nothing has changed. Remember Mularkey? Everyone was saying "Oh we'll get a good coach now!" Enter Jauron.

2. We'll get a higher pick if we suck. True. But what leads you to believe our top picks turn out to be playmakers? Lynch is a middle of the pack RB. Not a gamechanger. Remember McCargo and Whitner? Both are wastes of space. And McKelvin looks like he's the only solid #1 pick in the past 6 years.

3. Yeah we'll develop our good players and then have to trade them away for a bag a dog crap.

sdbillsfan2
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Let's pray that when Trent gets his bell rung again , and he will, that Fritz gets good real quick. But then again , we're still stuck with the same coaching style (or lack of) .
There are many guys on this team I like. Unfortunately, not all are at key positions. I've never been a fan of California raised QBs playing in cold weather.
This BS about IQ and character are wearing thin too. I could give a damn if some guy is dumb as a rock. Can he suit up and play?
The Bills are entering 50 years. Five decades and not one championship since the mid 60's. Cursed ? Maybe, but only by an owner who was a business man first ,and not enough football instincts to hire the right people . When he had the right people , he let them go.
I've followed the Bills all these years . I've enjoyed the ride. The ups and downs. But for the last 10 years ,All we've seen are Downs.

Being a fan for any team should be enjoyable, With the Bills ,it's freakin depressing more then enjoyable.
It's come to the point when deep down we feel good if we don't get our ass kicked to bad. Dicks had his chance, cut the cord Ralph , cut the cord!

billsfanone
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Jauron, a career loser:
Bears 1999: 6-10
Bears 2000: 5-11
Bears 2001: 13-3
Bears 2002: 4-12
Bears 2003: 7-9
Lions 2005: 1-4
Bills 2006: 7-9
Bills 2007: 7-9
Bills 2008: 7-9
Total: 57-76 (.429)

mchurchfie
08-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I hope he goes 1-4 this year.

bigbub2352
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
pussy coach pussy camp pussy team
they get pushed around dont play thru any type of injuries
no passion
no push
no nasty streak
passive coach passive team period

bigbub2352
08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Jauron, a career loser:
Bears 1999: 6-10
Bears 2000: 5-11
Bears 2001: 13-3
Bears 2002: 4-12
Bears 2003: 7-9
Lions 2005: 1-4
Bills 2006: 7-9
Bills 2007: 7-9
Bills 2008: 7-9
Total: 57-76 (.429)

That makes me physically ill, i remember when we hired him i said on here no way we make the playoffs under this loser
career loser

billsfanone
08-24-2009, 01:45 PM
pussy coach pussy camp pussy team
they get pushed around dont play thru any type of injuries
no passion
no push
no nasty streak
passive coach passive team period

Is this like a haiku? lol

yordad
08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
and so do you
"and Jauron makes me blue" :(

bigbub2352
08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Is this like a haiku? lol
if it makes u cry at the end then yes yes it is

SABURZFAN
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM

i seriously doubt that he'll be in Buffalo. he'll command a pretty penny and we know the Old Fart won't part with it.

Typ0
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Not shanahan please. He sucks IMO...he'll probably be the guy.

Typ0
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Look back through the history of the Bills and tell me how many times a proven head coach has been hired.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I would much rather have Bill Cowher as our "leader". Seems much more knowledgable than Shanahan IMHO

Typ0
08-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Shanny inherited a long term dynasty and slowly drove it into the ground. Cowher built a dynasty.

evol4276
08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
wow i can't say i knew that

billsfanone
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Shanny inherited a long term dynasty and slowly drove it into the ground. Cowher built a dynasty.

How so? That's the most absurd thing I've ever read on this board. He coached there for 14 years. Clocked in a 616 winning percentage. 2 super bowl wins. 7 playoff appearances. And his final "run into the ground" season was 8-8.

trapezeus
08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
it's so obvious, if we pick a proven coach, by the time the team is superbowl ready, they'll move the team. this whole thing sucks. We are best just praying for a superbowl this year.

wozrob11
08-24-2009, 04:07 PM
well if we are the worst team this year! bradford, mccoy or snead? who would be the best buffalo bill?

Mike
08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
I've been saying this for a while and many criticized me for being right... this teams does suck, and it wont get better any time soon... It starts from the top down boys, not from the bottom up. Until the top changes (GM, maybe ownership) the team will continually hire the wrong coaches and draft the wrong players... We are like the Bungles the Browns and the Lions... except we have had a longer playoff drought.

Typ0
08-24-2009, 05:24 PM
How so? That's the most absurd thing I've ever read on this board. He coached there for 14 years. Clocked in a 616 winning percentage. 2 super bowl wins. 7 playoff appearances. And his final "run into the ground" season was 8-8.

He did not build those teams. He inherited a great Elway lead team and then slowly the team went downhill. It was not sustained. There is zero evidence in Shanny's past to indicated he can take crap and build it into something from the head coaching position that is a consistent winner.

Syderick
08-24-2009, 05:46 PM
This threads really positive.

ServoBillieves
08-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Our coach does not take chances or know what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Our coaching staff does not prepare this team for games and it effects the whole entire team. I give this team 5 games before T.O. starts doggin the Bills, and you know what, I'll be the guy applauding him. I don't like ANYONE on our team, coaching, on down. You want to like Edwards, but he has shown nothing. JP Losman gave us a roller coaster ride and I think made the bonehead plays that much worse, but Edwards has shown nothing thus far aside from one KC game. No 300 yard games, hasn't scored more than 2 TDs through the air. He can't play in the cold, he can't play against the 3-4, he has not shown that he can be a starting QB in the NFL. His comments are embarrassing. "They threw a lot at us that we weren't expecting" "The defense didn't give us much"

That last one gets my blood boiling. Since when is football all about what the defense "gives" you? At what point does the offense start dictating to the defense and start TAKING things.

Our QB does not know how to take shots down the field always dumping down to the safer option. He's afraid to take chances. He doesn't know how to read 3-4 defenses. He looks LOST out there.

It's no longer a question of if NE will beat us, but just how friggin BAD they're going to beat us (as it's always been that way). I honesly see something like 51-3 or some joke of a score like that. Revisit this thread after that MNF game and I'm sure many will agree with all the above statements. This is the SAME TEAM from last year, and honestly, it looks even WORSE because of the Oline issues now. I hardly doubt that T.O. on the field will take care of all of our teams issues. You have to hand it to the front office though, they knew exactly how to reel all the fans back in. Sign T.O. to cover up the fact that we've regressed at O-line, our LB corp is a joke, our DE's are a joke, and we have 15 CB's on the roster that are useless because the opposing QB has all day to throw the ball and let the WR's get open. This team is just SO DUMB! I'm giving this team 5 games. 5. To prove to me that the past 7-9 seasons were building and culminating into a winning season. (Actually that statement sounds really ****ing stupid now that I read it...3 7-9 seasons better build into something!)

Now for all of you who say "it's just preseason", Im not making these statements based off 1 preseason game. I'm basing it on 9 inept years of borderline professional football in Buffalo. This team is a JOKE, this team is getting to the likes of the Lions, and thats SAD! I love the Bills, I love football, but it gets to a point where watching the Bills play is just not FUN anymore. Football is supposed to be FUN. The Bills have been so bad lately that they're just not fun anymore. It's to the point where there is very very little hope. They don't even throw you a bone to even give you the hope aside from the KC game last year. They don't show glimpses of being good, and i still see nothing. This coach needs gone, Ralph needs to bring a real NFL coach in here that knows how to win and knows how to build a team and hold players accountable for piss poor play.

Congrats on converting to a Steelers or Patriots fan. Nothing to do but hope for this team to succeed. Plenty of which I could ***** about, but let's hope for a good season rather than ***** about the preseason. Looks poor, but let's wait til we're in the season rather than s*** on the team that hasn't taken a meaningful game yet.

JD
08-24-2009, 08:43 PM
I love Trent, but I too, agree. :sadwalk:

JD
08-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Congrats on converting to a Steelers or Patriots fan. Nothing to do but hope for this team to succeed. Plenty of which I could ***** about, but let's hope for a good season rather than ***** about the preseason. Looks poor, but let's wait til we're in the season rather than s*** on the team that hasn't taken a meaningful game yet.
Did you even read the whole post? It's not about the preseason.. he's just simply fed up. :stfu:

Spiderweb
08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Not shanahan please. He sucks IMO...he'll probably be the guy.

Yeah that's right! After all, what has he ever done?

What's that you say?

Two rings?

You're kidding, right?

........................hummmmmmmm

ServoBillieves
08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Did you even read the whole post? It's not about the preseason.. he's just simply fed up. :stfu:

Read the entire post, it's about last year and this preseason. Unless you are a prophet I won't hold my breath on what this season has in store.

kthx.

djjimkelly
08-25-2009, 01:37 AM
at least one thing we can all be happy about

if this team does perform like many of us believe

the coach and qbs days are very numbered.

i say if we are bad lets be 2-14 bad

at least that way we can pick a real qb with a new head coach

all this being said let us be wrong and bills somehow be good ill eat crow on edwards gladly and stomach dick

DynaPaul
08-25-2009, 07:14 AM
I can't fathom how Ralph would spend big money on a guy like T.O. that we don't really need but not make a big splash with a real head coach.

Typ0
08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I can't fathom how Ralph would spend big money on a guy like T.O. that we don't really need but not make a big splash with a real head coach.

because player salaries are supplemented through the revenue sharing agreement and coaches salaries aren't.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Water is wet.
The sky is blue.
The Bills suck.

:(

and old Satan Claus he's only getting stronger.

Be prepared son, be prepared.

Commissioner
08-30-2009, 07:09 PM

Agree... the only thing i got to correct you on is Edwards threw for 4 TD's in a game a season or two ago....

Bufftp
08-30-2009, 07:20 PM
I guess my fear is simple. The Bills won't be in Buffalo much longer. No time to rebuild for the Buffalo fans to enjoy.