X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billser
    • Oct 2007

Preseason

The Lions were 4-0 in preseason games last year. Enough said. You can make a couple observations based on preseason games, but the gloom and doom here is ridiculous. The team was 7-9 last year, many of those games without Trent Edwards. We got TO and tried to address many other issues. Let them play some meaningful games before you write them off. GO BILLS!
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: Preseason

What scares me about this preseason is that the coaching staff seems to be doing NOTHING to get this team ready for the regular season.

For example....the Bills were playing the Packers, who play a 3-4 defense (like 9 of last season's games) and did NOTHING to plan for it - they practiced all week against a 4-3, and DJ admitted that the Bills were unprepared for this game.

What is this team doing during the offseason? They aren't game planning for the preseason games, and they aren't planning on how to deal with 3-4 defenses, which constitutes the MAJORITY of the games that the Bills will play this year!

This idiotic coaching staff is WASTING a 5 game preseason, without preparing this team for what they will have to face in 3 short weeks.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billser
      The Lions were 4-0 in preseason games last year. Enough said. You can make a couple observations based on preseason games, but the gloom and doom here is ridiculous. The team was 7-9 last year, many of those games without Trent Edwards. We got TO and tried to address many other issues. Let them play some meaningful games before you write them off. GO BILLS!
      hahahahahaha..... every year someone makes this type of short-sighted post.

The criticism isn't based solely on the preseason game or on the outcome of the preseason game. It's how the first team looked, and how much they improved or regressed over last year.

Who gives a **** what the final score is? I didn't watch the Lions preseason games last year, but it's entirely possible that their starters fell behind 14 every game and their 3rd stringers won it for them.

So far, the Bills starters look pretty bad. They're not going to magically get better before the season starts. Everyone says "well, it's vanilla- they're not game-planning." Guess what? Neither are our opponents.

Every year, I'm critical of the team in pre-season. And every year I get a bunch of replies like the one you just posted. But guess what? Every year, the team sucks. The majority of the concerns being expressed about this team are well warranted.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billser
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
        hahahahahaha..... every year someone makes this type of short-sighted post.

The criticism isn't based solely on the preseason game or on the outcome of the preseason game. It's how the first team looked, and how much they improved or regressed over last year.

Who gives a **** what the final score is? I didn't watch the Lions preseason games last year, but it's entirely possible that their starters fell behind 14 every game and their 3rd stringers won it for them.

So far, the Bills starters look pretty bad. They're not going to magically get better before the season starts. Everyone says "well, it's vanilla- they're not game-planning." Guess what? Neither are our opponents.

Every year, I'm critical of the team in pre-season. And every year I get a bunch of replies like the one you just posted. But guess what? Every year, the team sucks. The majority of the concerns being expressed about this team are well warranted.

Simply because you're critical of the team every year and they suck does not mean they will suck this year. Truth is, none of us really know what coaches strive to get from the preseason. Maybe Dick Jauron only runs a certain type of play simply to see how it would work in real time. Maybe he is only running plays that Trent struggles with to allow him to experience those plays in a preseason game, which would explain why he has looked so bad. WHOO KNOWS. I know you dont, neither do I.

I do know that the purpose of preseason was never to "win" the game, or necessarily to see your first team look good against the other team's 1st team. Maybe they are trying new things out. In any case, I do know that all that matters in the regular season is WINNING. Ill save my judgment till then.

Comment

• billser
          • Oct 2007

By the way, the Detroit Lions led at the end of the 1st quarter and 1st half of each of the 4 preseason games, meaning their 1st teams led in every preseason game last year.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

and 7-9 the year before that and the year before that .....see a trend here ? See any factors that are constant in this equation ? Dick J. is a loser his record proves it.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

so we suck! we got two weeks to get better! WOO!
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Simply because you're critical of the team every year and they suck does not mean they will suck this year.
                you're right- the team sucking has nothing to do with my criticism. They suck because of inept management from Ralph on down, a bottom-tier coach, sub-par players and a decade plus of poor decisions. None of that has changed since last year. It's showing on the field in preseason and it will show on the field during the regular season.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                X