• Mar 2005

Re: Last Pre Season

huh

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

soooo you're saying the preseason isnt exactly a 100% indication of what will happen in the season, right?

Comment

• RLand
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          soooo you're saying the preseason isnt exactly a 100% indication of what will happen in the season, right?
          If that's what he's saying, then I agree...

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about Detroit's last pre-season and how that translated to the regular season, so I'll state it differently.... Last pre-season Kitna was the highest rated QB in the entire NFL with a 150.5 rating. Where was he at the end of the Regular season? At #47 with a 72.2 rating.

I'll also note that Matt Cassel was one of the worst among all QB's that took a pre-season snap with a 56.6 rating. He had an 89.4 rating at the end of the regular season.

My point is that pre-season doesn't always transfer to regular season (or regular season to post-season for that matter). Weather it's the added sense of urgency, scaled back play calling or whatever else the case may be, I recommend saving the "bench Trent" and the "fire everyone and start over" talk until (at least) the regular season.

You never know, you might get to save that talk for another time...

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

*grasp*

"Hey look a straw"

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
              *grasp*

"Hey look a straw"
              i realize we have major issues but there's no denying that preason doesnt mean crap, one way or the other

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                *grasp*

"Hey look a straw"
                I'm finding fewer and fewer straws to grasp.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2009

The point is, we've been 7-9 the last three years. That is our basement. Obviously, we haven't gotten worse from last year. I don't think anybody can truly believe that we've gotten worse.

We had young players and a new system on both sides of the ball the last few years. You can't say that they all will get worse than before. Chances are, most, guys like Poz, McKelvin, Lynch and Edwards should improve.

We added TO. Whether you like it or not he changes the game. The offense can just throw him a 1 yd hitch for a TD.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    i realize we have major issues but there's no denying that preason doesnt mean crap, one way or the other

I disagree

You me and most everyone that spends significant time here can dissect what we are seeing and be able to make an educated opinion on where we are heading

This becomes even more predictable when you've already witnessed 3, 7-9 seasons, and you are seeing the exact same ineptness in the exact same places as the year before.

Were witnessing a predictable pattern, and it simply must be broken if we are going to move forward. I would say preseason is a good as a place as any to practice breaking the pattern

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

heres to them spanking us then and to us winning the superbowl!!!
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                      X