X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Boy, did the Bills ever blow the 2006 draft

Last night while I was watching the Jets-Ravens game, it really hit me just how much the Bills blew the 2006 draft.

I was watching two first-rounders in Haloti Ngata and Nick Mangold, and it reminded me of the fact that the Bills could have had them both.

At #8 we took Donte Whitner; Ngata went to Baltimore at #12. Who made the better choice?

We traded up to #26 to get John Freakin' McCargo; the Jets traded up to #29 to get Mangold. Who made the better choice? What has been one of the Bills weak links? Center.

No wonder this team has gone 7-9 three straight years.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Boy, did the Bills ever blow the 2006 draft

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Ngata make that play. Of course, if we had drafted him, our coaches wouldn't have been able to get the most out of him, and he'd probably look like a bust. I honestly think that 95% of our problems are with the coaches and not the talent of the players we have.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Ngata is such a beast. I know that he looks better because of everyone he has around him on that sick Ravens defense - but even on the Bills he would probably still be a force. Ughhhhhhhhh

Comment

• gil
        • Mar 2005

As long as I live I will never understand the Whitner pick while Ngata was sitting there.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gilbert23b
          As long as I live I will never understand the Whitner pick while Ngata was sitting there.
          Some of it is luck - you make picks that hit, you make others that disappoint or miss ... the Bills just always seem to miss

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

you and everyone else. Especially 3 years later

the game is won and lost in the trenches, so lets go reach for a DB

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Amen brother.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Hindsight is 20/20 my friends...

Ngata and Mangold are both beasts, but we gotta live with McCargo.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• cocamide
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                  Hindsight is 20/20 my friends...
                  While this is true, I think everyone was looking forward to getting Ngata at the time, and most people thought we'd get him. At this point, hindsight is being used to help reinforce what we already knew back then.

Comment

• billsfanone
                    Majored in Home Economics
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                    Some of it is luck - you make picks that hit, you make others that disappoint or miss ... the Bills just always seem to miss
                    Exactly. And it's highlighted by the fact that the Bills keep putting themselves behind the 8 ball. It's hard to crawl out.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

But, but, but, the Bills front office must know more than any fan. They are professionals at picking talent. It's what they do. You could have fooled me. These guys have sucked since Polian left.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

because since 2001 they have tried to fit round push round pegs into square holes

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by billsfanone
                          Exactly. And it's highlighted by the fact that the Bills keep putting themselves behind the 8 ball. It's hard to crawl out.
                          No it's not hard. You start by using some ***** common sense and build from the inside out inside of outside in like these morons have been doing. You use your premium picks on the biggest and baddest linemen you can find, and when your drafting where the Bills draft every year you have that opportunity. You stop drafting injured projects with your top picks. Mcgahee and McCargo. Draft some attitude instead of every damn choir boy you can find. I don't want the smartest Ivy league players, they suck, I want football players. I don't give a team what they score on a college test.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                            • Dec 2008

You reach a point when "we always seem to miss" turns into "our piss poor FO and coaches don't know how to properly use talent." You can't "miss" that many times! Sooner or later someone has got to be good.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                              Last night while I was watching the Jets-Ravens game, it really hit me just how much the Bills blew the 2006 draft.

I was watching two first-rounders in Haloti Ngata and Nick Mangold, and it reminded me of the fact that the Bills could have had them both.

At #8 we took Donte Whitner; Ngata went to Baltimore at #12. Who made the better choice?

We traded up to #26 to get John Freakin' McCargo; the Jets traded up to #29 to get Mangold. Who made the better choice? What has been one of the Bills weak links? Center.

No wonder this team has gone 7-9 three straight years.

you had to open up an old wound, didn't you?
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X