PDA

View Full Version : Latest Sullivan article

trapezeus
08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
I realize some people hate Jerry Sullivan, but this article makes you really wonder how cohesive this team is. The Lee Evans quote about him and TO asking Trent to throw it out there, Dick Jauron calling out Trent, Trent sounding irritating. I wouldn't be surprised if this team really falls apart at the seams at the first sign of adversity.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/773794.html?imw=Y

k-oneputt
08-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Dicks feeling the heat and he's pushing some of it on HIS handpicked qb. Those two are made for each other. They are the same person. Conservative, don't take chances, don't throw the ball more than five yards. Hell, that is exactly what Dick wants, and now the **** is hitting the fan and it looks like Dick is rolling a little on Trent. This could get ugly.

Jan Reimers
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Dicks feeling the heat and he's pushing some of it on HIS handpicked qb. Those two are made for each other. They are the same person. Conservative, don't take chances, don't throw the ball more than five yards. Hell, that is exactly what Dick wants, and now the **** is hitting the fan and it looks like Dick is rolling a little on Trent. This could get ugly.
And TO hasn't even gotten involved yet.

BillsWin
08-25-2009, 11:00 AM
ive always liked trent but he really does need to start throwing downfield

ddaryl
08-25-2009, 11:14 AM
ive always liked trent but he really does need to start throwing downfield

Me too.. and I don't mind the dink and dunk.... but it needs to be offset with some solid downfield attempts.

it's becoming apparent that trent doesn't see downfield to well. JP couldn't read D's at all, Bledsoe had no pocket ability.

we always have a QB with one major hang up that screws the entire position.

IMO Trent overall has the ability to be considerably better then JP and Bledsoe (as a Bill Bledsoe), but not if he can't get a feel for stretching the field

justasportsfan
08-25-2009, 11:19 AM
"There hasn't really been any looks," Edwards said Monday.

this is what scares me. Rob Johnson didn't see any looks either but Flutie sure found them.

ddaryl
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Flutie still was nothing special as far as comparing QB's. he had his excitement factor, but he rarely lit it up, and his play was hit or miss most of the time

he did make things happen by being able run around and buy time, and he did trust his WR's enough to launch it.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I love this, especially invoking Evans. I remember two plays last year where Evans lost the jump ball specifically and a third where it was wrestled away from him.

Last I looked, Owens has been on the field for how many plays in the pre-season?

Edwards did not have a good game but he also had weak pass protection. I've watched Brady play horrible when his cage has been rattled and his team is a hell of alot better than ours.

Jauron is now realizing that this team is not going to make the playoffs unless the offense is somehow lights out. So now he's going to throw all of the pressure onto Edwards behind one of the worst lines in the league. Good luck.

BillsWin
08-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Me too.. and I don't mind the dink and dunk.... but it needs to be offset with some solid downfield attempts.

it's becoming apparent that trent doesn't see downfield to well. JP couldn't read D's at all, Bledsoe had no pocket ability.

we always have a QB with one major hang up that screws the entire position.

IMO Trent overall has the ability to be considerably better then JP and Bledsoe (as a Bill Bledsoe), but not if he can't get a feel for stretching the field

If Bledsoe had a good o-line hed have brought that Bills team to an AFC championship game. His problem was that he cant run. But if he has a pocket, and time to throw he can rack up 4,000 yards and 30 Tds. The Bills have always had something to hold us back. Right now its lack of pass rush, confident QB and competent coach.

trapezeus
08-25-2009, 04:04 PM
i'd hate to debate the bledsoe point again, but ican't let that simply slide by. Bledsoe had a lot of time, in my opinion, most of the time. he just chose to wait to throw the ball. and he took needless sacks and/or fumbles because of it.

I agree with you though that it's always something with this team. Bledsoe was a QB who only liked going long and never checked to an available play. now we got a guy who seemingly hates the long ball. bledsoe couldn't run, jp could but was told not to. The life of a billsfan.