I'm not sure what you are expecting from Edwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I'm not sure what you are expecting from Edwards?

Just curious without Owens on the field, and Evans getting doubled, where is the deep ball supposed to be thrown to? Is the scheme designed to be throwing deep balls downfield? If so than count 1001,1002,1003,1004,1005 because that's what he needs to hit someone deep. See how many times that was available on Saturday night?
    Last edited by HHURRICANE; 08-25-2009, 06:37 PM.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm not sure what you are expecting from Edwards?

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I've never witnessed anyone play both sides of the fence any better then you

the OL sucks, and isn't helping the situation any... but I find it hard to beleive we couldn't have attempted to stretch the field some with or without TO
      Last edited by ddaryl; 08-25-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

that would be some of those held cards that I mentioned.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

I expect him to do something of significance for once.

I expect him to attempt a pass longer than four yards during a game.

I expect him to just show a bit of leadership or, if that's too much to ask, at least look like he knows what he's doing.

He's got the best running back trio in the league and arguably best receiving corps. The line isn't as bad as most of you make it out to be either. What is stopping him from having an above average year behind center?
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

HH, Trent should have been A O K. He has Josh Reed. Remember?
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal
              The line isn't as bad as most of you make it out to be either. What is stopping him from having an above average year behind center?

Our OL is a major concern

I've watched the 1st string team and it's not coming together well at all. Now our OL against 2nd and 3rd stringers looks good, but that's not reality.

How has our 1st string running production been ? We're averaging how many YPA with 1st stringers ????

No consistent dependable running game and our passing game will be in the toilet IMO. That requires something we lack, a cohesive OL with experience and playing time together

I've seen our pass protection pocket collapse way to often too quickly. That's going to have Edwards wanting to dump the ball off even faster then last year.

Although I fully agree with your next statement being about passing downfield to stretch the field... Trent does have to take his shots one way or another.

Comment

• gil
                • Mar 2005

So, none of our current receivers can run 15 yards and Edwards never had 2 seconds to look at them at any single moment?

Look, when even Jauron says it, there's something there.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

I dont know what anyone was expecting, same coachign staff same front office same bull****
                  we can draft super stars and sign superstars all day when it comes down to it the play calling and the schemes will kill us everytime, we are to predictable in the run game to predictable in the pass game and our D Scheme is too predicatable cause everyone knows in the league we got to blitz to get any kind of pressure
                  sorry bills fans we need to competely rebuild this staff in order to be successful
                  we have young talent and some key positions filled but we have missed way to much in the draft "cough" whitner "cough" losman "cough" mccargo etc. we have drafted and signed players that dont fit our schemes "cough" poz "cough" maybin and signed players that dont fit our scheme "cough" mitchell "cough" stroud
                  sad days we are living folks
                  this team is a mess and it starts at the top
                  especially if trent turns into another shaky injury prone bum hence another 3yrs at least of rebuilding
                  *sigh*
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I expect Trent to improvise when needed and not act like JP.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Yeah, I expect him not to look like JP. Which leads me to believe that the problem wasn't with JP. Or that Edwards sucks just as bad.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        I've never witnessed anyone play both sides of the fence any better then you

the OL sucks, and isn't helping the situation any... but I find it hard to beleive we couldn't have attempted to stretch the field some with or without TO
                        How am I playing both sides? What are the two sides?

The o-line stinks which limits how much time the QB has to let plays develop downfield. If he does have time and Evans, which his only deep threat, is double covered like last year and against Green Bay, than what?

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

HH, once again a great post. this may be your second thread in a row with the BillsWin stamp of approval.

Its just sad, because if we cant throw it deep or even intermediate we will continue to get thrashed. Maybe T.O is our solution to the 3-4. Him combined with an offensive line that has more time to jell may fix SOME of that horrendous play from Sat. night. I still think Bell should be our LT with Walker and Butler competing for the RT spot.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

I really don't like it when people trash on TE arm though. The guy has got a darn good arm. It's his brain that is stopping him from making the throws. And frankly, the check downs are a good strategy but the field needs to be opened up for us to have real success. So he needs to do both. keep it up with the consistency and using the outlets but find the right times to threaten downfield.

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

i don't think i'll survive another season of QB bashing.

Comment

Working...
                              X