PDA

View Full Version : So is anyone still excited about the season opener?

OpIv37
08-25-2009, 07:11 PM
1. It's a MNF game, which means a) the start of our season is delayed roughly 30 hours from our typical 1 pm start and b) we'll probably lose since we haven't won a night game since 2001.

2. It's against NE, which means we'll probably lose since they've beaten us 11 straight times and 16 of the last 17.

3. Lynch is suspended.

4. Owens and Jackson may be hurt, which means our O going into the NE game will actually be WORSE than our O was against NE last year.

5. It's Tom Brady's return, so we'll have to listen to the ESPN announcers kiss his ass for the entire game like they did with Bruschi.

Talk about sucking the fun out of the start of the season.....

ddaryl
08-25-2009, 07:20 PM
yeah I'm still looking forward to it billieve it or not. I like the pain now.

FlyingDutchman
08-25-2009, 07:23 PM
do i think we are going to win? hell no. am i excited? of course, its a bills opener

Typ0
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm not really that excited.

OpIv37
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
do i think we are going to win? hell no. am i excited? of course, its a bills opener

Forgetting about the other stuff, I'd be a lot more excited if a) we didn't have to wait 30 hours longer than everyone else and b) we didn't have to listen to the ESPN announcers slobber on Brady.

Those two things are really pissing me off.

Billz_fan
08-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Unfortunatly, I think this game is not close. The Bills have been poor on MNF what seems like forever now.

The fact the game is in NE is worse. I hope Im wrong but I expect a public undressing.

:blowup:

Typ0
08-25-2009, 07:29 PM
You've got to be thinking 74 - 3 somewhere in there....

Oldbillsfan
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Haven't the Jauron led Bills lost by an average of 21 pts to the Pats?

Yasgur's Farm
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm excited... You never know... This may be the game when Dick finally untucks his weiner!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-25-2009, 07:37 PM
looks like re-runs of olympic sycronised swimming may be more worth while if you are a bills fan :(

Scumbag College
08-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Cmon you guys!

Just under three weeks to opening up on Monday night. All the pressure is on the Pats here. At home, America's favorite hero and light of everyone's life Tom Brady coming back to play, having not lost a regular season game in almost three years. And to think the NFL put them up against the lowly, poor Bills.

This is where I think the Bills go in, let everything fly right off the bat, and surprise the Pats.

Bills 31 Pats 28

Novacane
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm excited and will be until the end of the first quarter when the game will be over :blowup:

FlyingDutchman
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Forgetting about the other stuff, I'd be a lot more excited if a) we didn't have to wait 30 hours longer than everyone else and b) we didn't have to listen to the ESPN announcers slobber on Brady.

yeah the extra day is def not cool. sadly, with our pass rush the way it is right now, we're going to be hearing a lot about brady alright

FlyingDutchman
08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
work is going to go slow as hell that monday

DynaPaul
08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
To me it's like having an upcoming appointment with the proctologist. I'm not looking forward to it and I know that my ass is gonna hurt afterwards.

Lexwhat
08-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Talk about sucking the fun out of the start of the season...

Actually, I don't mind it.

Rather than giving us false hope (like last year when we started 4-0 by playing garbage teams), we will pretty much know from Day 1 what type of team we have.

If we play well, I will have hope for the season. If we get routed, then the Bills are who we thought they were. (Crappy O-Line, crappy coaching staff, crappy pass rush, etc etc).

Simple as that!!

Hemlepp53
08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Cmon you guys!

Just under three weeks to opening up on Monday night. All the pressure is on the Pats here. At home, America's favorite hero and light of everyone's life Tom Brady coming back to play, having not lost a regular season game in almost three years. And to think the NFL put them up against the lowly, poor Bills.

This is where I think the Bills go in, let everything fly right off the bat, and surprise the Pats.

Bills 31 Pats 28

Gotta Love That Mentality.... Go Bills....

Hemlepp53
08-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Always excited. I think its going to be an up set. Bills Win

Scumbag College
08-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Always excited. I think its going to be an up set. Bills Win

Right on, brother.

This is a prime setting for an upset.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2009, 08:57 PM
It's like having sex with Kate Winslett until you realized that she's wearing a strap on and giving it to you.

It was supposed to be fun and than turned out terribly wrong.

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
My expectations for the opener and season have not change one iota in the pre-season. They did not change after the Bears game, not did they change after the Packers game.

hammerbillsfan
08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
i'm always excited for a Bills season opener! :beers: :tailgate: :cheers:

BillsWin
08-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I was never "excited", just hopeful and ready for football. Why would you be excited to play a team thats beaten you about 14 times in a row? Oh yeah, and its away. Still, Im pumped for the season. Im going through football withdrawls and preseason is not cutting it.

yordad
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I am pumped, but I got to figure the Bills will be 29 point underdogs. :(

imbondz
08-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm more pumped for the Nov. 15th game vs. the Titans cuz I got my tickets already.

I'm excited to watch the opener by myself so no one rubs it in or talks smack when we look like crap.

DMBcrew36
08-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Patriots 41
Bills 16

paladin warrior
08-25-2009, 11:46 PM
OH hell YAAAA!!! I am Excited I can't wait see On Monday night T.V and I want to see Maybin get sacks on Tom B and knock him out in the begining of the game.

:stretcher <---Tom B will be out of whole season I hope so :snicker:

:bringit: Come On Tom B!!. That all u got!!

Bills-28
NE-3

Michael82
08-26-2009, 03:34 AM
I'll give you my answer next week after I see if the Bills have improved at all on Saturday against the Steelers. But no...right now, I hate the fact that we have to wait until Monday Night for the opener. i love the 1pm games and not having to wait 30 hrs. SOmething tells me that Monday is going to drag and the game is going to be similar to that Sunday Night game we hosted again the Pats during their 16-0 season... :ill:

Michael82
08-26-2009, 03:39 AM
I will say this though... I'm excited and can't wait until our home opener weekend against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Pride
08-26-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm looking forwarding to the Home Opener Saturday Night Party (when/where is it?) and the Pre-Game tailgate. If we win, its just a bonus!

But other than simply having football back, no, I'm not looking forward to our ass whoopin thats coming on monday night.

Mad Bomber
08-26-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm expecting the Bills to get smoked in the opener.

What I'm looking forward to is the HOME opener (because I'll be there) - at least I'll get a good tailgate experience in...

Jan Reimers
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm excited to see how our young players - the talented rookies and the improving 2nd, 3rd and 4th year guys - perform, and whether Jauron has learned anything about game management and halftime adjustments.

I'm optimistic about the young talent, but not so much concerning Jauron.

gil
08-26-2009, 08:06 AM
This team hasn't shown me any reason to believe the outcome is going to be any different than it has been the last million times we've played the Patriots.

ugh.

psubills62
08-26-2009, 08:37 AM

I agree...I may end up watching the game on mute. I'm really excited though, because this is going to be the one guaranteed time I can watch the Bills play on my TV live, since I'm in Indiana.

So yes, I am excited. Even though I'll be disgusted watching the game, I'm still quite excited.

DMBcrew36
08-26-2009, 08:38 AM
OH hell YAAAA!!! I am Excited I can't wait see On Monday night T.V and I want to see Maybin get sacks on Tom B and knock him out in the begining of the game.

Bills-28
NE-3

Maybin won't even get a sniff. He's going to get pushed around like a ragdoll b*tch.

TheBrownBear
08-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm excited. As a Bills fan marooned in Southern California it's one of the few times I actually get to watch the Bills at home in hi-def.

Also, looking forward to my night game routine of deep frying a big ol' pot of Buffalo wings and having them steaming hot just as we approach kick-off. Followed by watching us get our ass kicked, a call at halftime to Mom and Dad in Buffalo to commiserate over the sorry state of the Bills, and turning the tv off in frustration after the first series of the second half.

Still, I'll always love the Bills and always look forward to every game.

Typ0
08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
The turning the TV off after the first series of the second half is like getting a bonus on MNF. You don't have to sleep through work the next day but you can't turn on another game either.

Bill Cody
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
I will say this though... I'm excited and can't wait until our home opener weekend against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Why the miniature font? I forgot my magnifying glass.

Stewie
08-26-2009, 09:14 AM
leave it to the patriots to suck the fun out of gameday, and leave it to OP to suck the fun out of the other 349 days of the year. :D

BillsWin
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM

Bills-28
NE-3

POST OF THE YEAR. :posrep:

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
leave it to the patriots to suck the fun out of gameday, and leave it to OP to suck the fun out of the other 349 days of the year. :D

How many days are there in a PaulB year?

Typ0
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM

what you think we are going to make the playoffs or something?

mybills
08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Cmon you guys!

:bf1: Bills fans are the real curse on this team. Keep sending out negative vibes and they'll keep losing.

Ickybaluky
08-26-2009, 09:54 AM

He doesn't count the days he is comatose.

psubills62
08-26-2009, 09:55 AM

365 - 16 (number of game days that Patriots ruin, apparently)

Took me a few minutes to figure that out too.

Ickybaluky
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
:bf1: Bills fans are the real curse on this team. Keep sending out negative vibes and they'll keep losing.

Yeah, more positive vibes. That is what is really needed. Who needs a strong draft, good coaching and a franchise QB when you have positive vibes?

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM

Our feelings or vibes have no effect on the outcome of games.

I have been as optimistic as nearly anybody the last few years. Did not help very much.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
365 - 16 (number of game days that Patriots ruin, apparently)

Took me a few minutes to figure that out too.

It is going to suck playing them 16 times this year. :(

Stewie
08-26-2009, 10:02 AM
16 gamedays a year ( we dont play in january)
349 days in OP fest

= 365 days in my village

yours?

edit: why do you assume that the patriots have to beat the bills to suck the fun out of my game day?

the patriots have been runing things for me since about 2002.

Stewie
08-26-2009, 10:04 AM
lol at the irony of intelligent people mocking me because they didn't figure out a multilevel joke. ;)

Captain gameboy
08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm not excited until the season opener in 2016.

I'm sure, based on the Green Bay game, that we will be horrible for seven years.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2009, 10:09 AM
lol at the irony of intelligent people mocking me because they didn't figure out a multilevel joke. ;)

If it is the Patriots ruining your gameday, regardless of the Bills, then wouldn't January weeks be ruined too?

Your joke was only partially multi-level.

trapezeus
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
this season is like looking forward to surgery. You are nervous about the actual day, but once it's over you'll feel much better and it was the right thing to happen.

The fact that players are injured, the ol is revamped, the DL is the same crap as last year, and jauron is back.

If the bills get routed, what happens? If the bills fire jauron on the spot, that'll be somewhat as maddening as keeping him because here they gave up an entire season to bring this joker back and they let him go in the first week? we could have had a better coach in the meantime with his draft input and his TC. But then if they keep him, you are destined to the same brand of inept football that we've gotten for 3 years. aghhh, i hate this life that the bills make us lead.

mybills
08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I'd like to buy people the ability to sense sarcasm. How many zb's does it cost?

Typ0
08-26-2009, 10:28 AM
I'd like to buy people the ability to sense sarcasm. How many zb's does it cost?

there isn't enough zonebucks in the zone economy to get through to some of these thick skulls.

mybills
08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
there isn't enough zonebucks in the zone economy to get through to some of these thick skulls.
:snicker:

BAM
08-26-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm freekin' pumped! Football is BACK baby!!

spacecowboy
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm freekin' pumped! Football is BACK baby!!

I feel the same way. I need my football fix!

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM

Pot, meet kettle.

Patti120
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
horrified is putting it mildly!

Michael82
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Why the miniature font? I forgot my magnifying glass.
Sorry, I was posting from my cell phone. :ontome:

Stewie
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
If it is the Patriots ruining your gameday, regardless of the Bills, then wouldn't January weeks be ruined too?

Your joke was only partially multi-level.
it was multi level.. it just didn't make 100% sense.. lets not break it down too much

ps. vote for me in 2016

hammerbillsfan
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM

what a shocker there lol

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
it was multi level.. it just didn't make 100% sense.. lets not break it down too much

ps. vote for me in 2016

I'm just trying to get mybills to tell me I don't have a sense of humor, so let me break it down.

mybills
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Pot, meet kettle.
You should know yourself by now.

Our feelings or vibes have no effect on the outcome of games.

:doh:

justasportsfan
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
1. It's a MNF game, which means a) the start of our season is delayed roughly 30 hours from our typical 1 pm start and b) we'll probably lose since we haven't won a night game since 2001.

2. It's against NE, which means we'll probably lose since they've beaten us 11 straight times and 16 of the last 17.

3. Lynch is suspended.

4. Owens and Jackson may be hurt, which means our O going into the NE game will actually be WORSE than our O was against NE last year.

5. It's Tom Brady's return, so we'll have to listen to the ESPN announcers kiss his ass for the entire game like they did with Bruschi.

Talk about sucking the fun out of the start of the season.....

I'm still excited even if our chances of winning is down to "on any given sunday".

Typ0
08-26-2009, 03:41 PM

Is that why you have that crappy font all the time? Can't you make it bigger I try and read your posts but it's a pain.

OpIv37
08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Cmon you guys!

Bills 31 Pats 28

yes, because we all know the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls this decade by cracking under pressure :rolleyes:

Dying_-2-_Live
08-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Im always extremely excited for the season opener. Cannot wait... Football is meant to entertain us... we are supposed to have fun. Yes it is dissapointing to see my beloved Bills lose, but someone has to lose right?

The Juice Is Loose
08-27-2009, 01:48 AM

mute the TV and listen to murphy

mybills
08-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Im always extremely excited for the season opener. Cannot wait... Football is meant to entertain us... we are supposed to have fun. Yes it is dissapointing to see my beloved Bills lose, but someone has to lose right?
I wish more people would look at it like that. But it's much easier to -> :rolleyes:

:drama:

yordad
08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
mute the TV and listen to murphyThere is a delay. :(

Michael82
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Is that why you have that crappy font all the time? Can't you make it bigger I try and read your posts but it's a pain.
I was trying to figure it out. i don't know how to make the font bigger on there. I'm just using that BillsZone mobile edition that LOG created for the donors...

OpIv37
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
mute the TV and listen to murphy

as yordad already pointed out, there's a delay. Plus, I'm out of market so I'd have to get Murphy over the Internet, which makes the delay even more pronounced.