PDA

View Full Version : Easterbrook on the Bills

chernobylwraiths
08-25-2009, 08:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/090825&sportCat=nfl

Excellent special teams have become a Buffalo hallmark -- Bobby April is the league's best special teams coach -- but this only proves special teams matter a lot less than offense and defense, or the Bills would be in the playoffs. And if only the head coach were as good as the special teams coach. As the once-proud Bills enter the season the sole AFC club without a playoff appearance in this decade, the coach remains Dick "Cheerio, Chaps" Jauron, who has just one career winning season. The AFC East test of manhood is playing the Patriots. Jauron has lost all six of his games against New England while coaching the Bills, his team outscored by a humiliating average of 21 points per game in that span. Against the Patriots under Jauron, Buffalo usually rolls over by the second quarter. Jauron never seems upset, or even to care -- he just jogs off the field, then makes excuses. Until the Bills have a coach who doesn't make excuses, the embarrassing playoff drought will continue.

Wow. I especially like his "tweets". Very true.

sorry if already posted.

Scumbag College
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Pretty much the sentiment around here. It's like Jauron doesn't even give a **** after a loss.

At least when Mora or Ditka or Dennis Green lost and had famous meltdowns, you knew they cared and wanted to win.

DynaPaul
08-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I love the nickname Dick "Cheerio, Chaps" Jauron. Could this guy seem anymore nonchalant about our teams failures? A pat on the back and a "You gave it your best son" just ain't enough to get this team moving forward.

Hemlepp53
08-25-2009, 08:56 PM
I hate reading **** like that bro.

imbondz
08-25-2009, 09:41 PM
buuuut, our last playoff game was January 8th, 2000.

billsfanone
08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
How many teams with a winning record did Jauron beat? HOW ***** MANY!? The guy had 1, count 'em 1 non losing season his entire coaching career. 1

mchurchfie
08-26-2009, 12:06 AM
I hate ****ing Jauron!!!

Michael82
08-26-2009, 03:21 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again...FIRE THE COACH!!!

Night Train
08-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Fire the owner

Mad Bomber
08-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Jauron has lost all six of his games against New England while coaching the Bills, his team outscored by a humiliating average of 21 points per game in that span. Against the Patriots under Jauron, Buffalo usually rolls over by the second quarter. Jauron never seems upset, or even to care -- he just jogs off the field, then makes excuses. Until the Bills have a coach who doesn't make excuses, the embarrassing playoff drought will continue.

Winners make things happen. Losers make excuses.

ddaryl
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
I hate ****ing Jauron!!!

what he said :star:

Typ0
08-26-2009, 08:59 AM
buuuut, our last playoff game was January 8th, 2000.

and what a fond memory that is...

trapezeus
08-26-2009, 09:13 AM
easterbrook's 1st and goal from the 1 part was pretty funny too. they punt on 4th down. awesome.

Who knew that 75% of passing plays last year were under 10 yards? I knew they checked down a lot, but 75% of the time. ewwww.

EAsterbrook is a genius in so many different ways.

Jimbuktu
08-26-2009, 09:16 AM
and what a fond memory that is...

It's sad that Bruce, Andre, and Thurman all played in that game too.

Seems like eons ago that they wore our uniforms on the field.

Typ0
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
It's sad that Bruce, Andre, and Thurman all played in that game too.

Seems like eons ago that they wore our uniforms on the field.

no, this was the year after they left.

Pinkerton Security
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I gave Jauron a chance, now Im just sick of him and pretty much everyone else in the world has realized the Levy helped pick him because of his overall intelligence and similarity. Hes just a Levy kindof guy. However, he is not the winner that Levy is and I want a winner. I want Marty ******* Schottenheimer, someone who cares for his players AND wins games.

Jeff1220
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Schotty would be an awesome choice to bring this team back!

ChristopherWalken
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
BILL "The Under Bite" COWHER!!!

OpIv37
08-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Excellent special teams have become a Buffalo hallmark -- Bobby April is the league's best special teams coach -- but this only proves special teams matter a lot less than offense and defense, or the Bills would be in the playoffs. .

I've been saying exactly the same thing. Since 2003 or so, we've been in the top 5 for S/T every single year, and we're clearly the best S/T team in the league over that entire span?

And it's gotten us a whole lotta nothin'. One 9-7 "almost" season in the middle of a bunch of losing seasons.

I agree that Jauron is a huge part of the problem, but this team lacks depth because it keeps players who can't play their position due to S/T prowess. A few examples that come immediately to mind: Parrish, Haggan, Wire, Stamer.

Throne Logic
08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
And it's gotten us a whole lotta nothin'. One 9-7 "almost" season in the middle of a bunch of losing seasons.

Imagine what it would have been like if Special Teams were as god-awful as the other two units. At least we got to see a few wins each season.

Throne Logic
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Hes just a Levy kindof guy. However, he is not the winner that Levy is and I want a winner.

Levy was a very different kind of coach, Ivy League or not. Marv had the necessary intensity for a head coach. We've seen Marv pissed off. We've heard, and continue to quote from his speaches / pep-talks.

I don't think I've ever seen Jauron angry or even more than mildly perturbed. The mental fortitude of the team starts with the HC.

Ack: I want a coach not named "Dick". I've re-written several posts a number of times trying to avoid words like "soft" and phrases like "rubbing off" or even "trickles down" (for you NASCAR fans). I can't even say he "sucks" without hearing friggin' Beevis snickering in the background.

Pinkerton Security
08-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Levy was a very different kind of coach, Ivy League or not. Marv had the necessary intensity for a head coach. We've seen Marv pissed off. We've heard, and continue to quote from his speaches / pep-talks.

I don't think I've ever seen Jauron angry or even more than mildly perturbed. The mental fortitude of the team starts with the HC.

Ack: I want a coach not named "Dick". I've re-written several posts a number of times trying to avoid words like "soft" and phrases like "rubbing off" or even "trickles down" (for you NASCAR fans). I can't even say he "sucks" without hearing friggin' Beevis snickering in the background.

Right, I kinda meant just that he was intelligent, and probably impressed levy based on this. However, we can all see he doesnt have that intensity that is necessary.

trapezeus
08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
one thing about the ST is that it's pretty much left in bobby april's hands. he takes the glory and he takes the fall for their short comings. I don't get the sense that DJ has much knowledge about what is going to happen on ST plays. He lets bobby april make the calls.

On the flip side i think DJ is the defensive identity of this team. Defense is his thing and fewelll is a cut from his cloth. So i get the sense that he has input on defense and since the offense seems to keep doing the same thing each year, i get the sense he is involved in the play calling direction and style they play.

That should tell you a lot about how our one good aspect of our team has almost 0 input from DJ. That's quite a statement about his coaching ability.

yordad
08-27-2009, 09:42 AM
I hate ****ing Jauron!!!Ewwww, then stop doing it.

:snicker:

yordad
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Can anyone think of something Jauron would say in an inspiring halftime speech, lol?

FinFaninBuffalo
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Can anyone think of something Jauron would say in an inspiring halftime speech, lol?
Win this game and I'll resign....

STRONG_BAD
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM

"we just need to keep the game close, and hopefully will have a chance to tie it with a field goal at the end"

Michael82
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
one thing about the ST is that it's pretty much left in bobby april's hands. he takes the glory and he takes the fall for their short comings. I don't get the sense that DJ has much knowledge about what is going to happen on ST plays. He lets bobby april make the calls.

On the flip side i think DJ is the defensive identity of this team. Defense is his thing and fewelll is a cut from his cloth. So i get the sense that he has input on defense and since the offense seems to keep doing the same thing each year, i get the sense he is involved in the play calling direction and style they play.

That should tell you a lot about how our one good aspect of our team has almost 0 input from DJ. That's quite a statement about his coaching ability.
It's also why Bobby April should be given a chance to be the interim head coach if Dick Jauron is fired during the season....