PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bills/Sports Memorabilla

patmoran2006
08-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm writing to ask if anybody may have any Bills or sports memorabilla they have laying around that they may not care for, or be willing to part with.

It is for a very good cause.

Rather than write a novel explaining why, I have included a link to the website. Please take a quick 2 minutes to look this site over. She was family.
http://www.reneegreco.com/

There is a benefit being held for her in September. To be brief, Renee was a youth worker who was violenty bludgeoned to death by two teeenage boys while she was on the job. The family has decided to start a scholarship fund in her honor, which will help send underpivelged high school children to college to pursue social sciences.

There is going to be a huge Chinese Auction and Special Prizes raffle. I thought that perhaps some people on here may have some cool stuff they either no longer like, or even if they did, would be willing to donate for a wonderful cause.

There is a section on the website that specifically thanks each person for anything donated. Personally, I have donated my 2002 NFL Hall of Fame press pass, autographed by Jim Kelly.

If anybody is feeling generous for a worthwhile cause, please let me know by sending me a message on here, emailing at pmoran@buffalosportsdaily.com or simply replying here.

I figured it was worth shot right here on BZ with you guys (and girls)

Thanks.

Scumbag College
08-25-2009, 09:43 PM
When is the deadline that you need the stuff by?

I might have something but would have to go through a ton of crap at my old man's house to find it.

And I don't care if they are "just kids," they should be hung from the highest tree they can find. This is coming from a social worker.

patmoran2006
08-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I agree with your sentiments.

I think the family wants to have everything for the benefit by 4th or 5th, so they have time to group everything together.

Thanks alot ..

BillsWin
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I apologize for your loss. She must have been a great person to have been loved by so many.

I hope those monsters rot in jail, they don't deserve a second chance. Or I guess this would be their third. That makes me so angry.

I know God has a reason for everything, but there are some things that happen that I cant understand...

Im really sorry for your loss Pat... You have no idea.

Marvelous
08-25-2009, 10:26 PM
I agree with the other posters...I have no understanding for monsters..

-& i do have tons of memrobilia that i have been past the point of displaying it. since it's become large over the years..
---Mostly signed helmets,plaques,,8x10's.. 75% of it is Buffalo Bills & 30% of that is Eric Moulds related. :lol:

--Pat, can you explain, or copy paste informatin about what the cause? I only know that it's helping kids without the capital to get into college.. I searched teh website for a few minutes and didn't wanna put any more time in tonight..
----I'll let ya know if i will assist after i hear more..

patmoran2006
08-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Marv, tried to message you..But your message box was full. So I will instead cut and paste this..
-------------------------------
"Money raised will help establish scholarships in Greco’s name at West Seneca East and West Seneca West high schools for students interested in human services. Another scholarship is planned for students planning to enter other fields who are struggling financially."

Here is a link about Renee:
http://www.reneegreco.com/about/

And there are plenty of stories, links and video on the site. I know that reading stuff like that, especially about someone you didn't know personally, is tedious.

But however, to understand what everyone is trying to do, it's kinda necessary. Renee was 24 years old and working as a YOuth Counselor for troubled kids. One night while working along (something that is dispicible), she was attacked by two of the kids and beaten to death, with a fire ext, and a crow bar.. Basically, her reward for trying to help others was murder, and she was the first women social worker to be murdered on the job in New York in over 40 years.

At any rate; if you do have anything that you'd be able to donate to enrich the auctions and raffles, that would be outstanding.

I know its not much, but as a token of family's appreciation they're making a priority to list and thank every company and individual on the site who donates anything

So let me know.. Thanks man...