• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsfanone
    Majored in Home Economics
    • Sep 2008

WGR

When do they talk Buffalo sports? I'm listening now. They are talking about sandwiches. I think they switch over to ESPN at 10. I need my BILLS FIX!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: WGR

It's so annoying. I was psyched when I found out I could get them on my blackberry, but their lack of Bills talk is annoying, and I don't even listen now.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I stopped listening to them a couple years ago. Every once in a while I'll turn it on and they have me pissed off within 10 minutes reminding me while I stopped listening. They are a joke imo. I am suprised Howard Simon would work with such losers. He was a good sports guy till he hooked up with a bunch of jokers.

Comment

• billsfanone
        • Sep 2008

Is there another good station?

Hopefully on Shoutcast too...

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

I will have an announcement very soon about some new live stuff I'm doing over the Internet....totally devoted to Bills talk! If everything goes well it will be a live, weekly show. I'm even toying with my own live post-game show for callers.

Hope you can listen and even join in the discussion.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

they talk about the Bills more than they are worth talking about.

Comment

• billsfanone
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Typ0
              they talk about the Bills more than they are worth talking about.
              Perhaps. But talk about some sports, not sandwiches for crying out loud. Talk about the AFC East if there isn't much to talk about the Bills.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

As soon as NFL regular season begins and the Sabres season begins, we won't have to listen to them blathering about sandwiches and other garbage like baseball.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  Perhaps. But talk about some sports, not sandwiches for crying out loud. Talk about the AFC East if there isn't much to talk about the Bills.
                  They are talking about football right now. There is only so many times you can go over the same thing in a four hour show.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

There isn't a lot going on in Buffalo sports and they talk about all kinds of stuff. Some of their stuff can be frustrating and sometimes I want to put my fist through the radio but they do talk a lot about the Bills and Sabres. How many conversations can you have about TO's toe, Trent Edwards check downs, and Dick Jauron being a terrible coach.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      There isn't a lot going on in Buffalo sports and they talk about all kinds of stuff. Some of their stuff can be frustrating and sometimes I want to put my fist through the radio but they do talk a lot about the Bills and Sabres. How many conversations can you have about TO's toe, Trent Edwards check downs, and Dick Jauron being a terrible coach.
                      As soon as Sabres season starts they will definitely have more to talk about - especially with the Sabres getting Grier, McCormick, Montador and letting go of Peters. Also, the possible addition of Tyler Myers, Tim Kennedy, or Nathan Gerbe.

Comment

• billsfanone
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                        True. But speaking of check down, the formula should be:
                        Bills News and Opinions
                        AFCE News and Opinions
                        Rest of the NFL News and Opinions
                        Good sports stories.
                        Baseball news.
                        Other sports news.
                        Perhaps some national news.
                        When all of that is exhausted, you can talk about sandwiches. Or talk about sandwiches a little here and there without taking time away from anything else above.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

They do go off on rediculous tangents sometimes. I've written to them about it. But nothing is worse than when they talk about baseball.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            True. But speaking of check down, the formula should be:
                            Bills News and Opinions
                            AFCE News and Opinions
                            Rest of the NFL News and Opinions
                            Good sports stories.
                            Baseball news.
                            Other sports news.
                            Perhaps some national news.
                            When all of that is exhausted, you can talk about sandwiches. Or talk about sandwiches a little here and there without taking time away from anything else above.
                            For the most part, they talk about what gets ratings. Some people listen just to ***** that they don't talk enough about sports. But they are rated near the top in all sports format radio stations. The morning show won't talk about regular sports stories much, or they will just mention in for a couple minutes unless it is a huge story. They WON'T talk about other teams much at all because the Buffalo market doesn't care about other teams, even teams in their own division. They don't talk much about baseball because there is no team in Buffalo, each personality likes a different team for the most part (Simon and White are Mets fans) and it is a Yankees market. They get pretty good ratings, so I don't think their format will change much. If you want a decent amount of Bills news, you will have to listen to the whole show, there really isn't any other option every day for an all Buffalo Bills news station.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

They are talking about sandwiches because there is only so many times you can bring up TO's toe in a four hour span before people get sick of it and stop listening. I don't blame them for changing it up once in a while. The same talk over and over and over again is the worst.

As for Simon, he is probably the biggest loser on that station. The guy doesn't even watch games and then acts like a damn expert all the time.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X