PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bills pull out all the stops in MNF?

psubills62
08-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Maybe I'm just grasping for any hope whatsoever, but I think there are several reasons why Jauron might do some crazy things in the season opener:

1) He's done it before on MNF (fake punt against Dallas in 2007), and in a season opener (fake FG, TD pass to Denney against Seattle in 2008)

2) He's coaching for his job.

3) He knows how important beating the Patriots is.

Hm, maybe that's all I can think of. But for some reason I have a hard time believing Jauron is going to sit back and get pounded 56-10 again. You can mention the records of our initial opponents last year all you want, I still don't think it's a coincidence that we did well until Jauron got his contract extension, then completely sucked.

Here's hoping Jauron finally figures out how to coach when he's doing it to save his job...

Do you think the Bills will pull out a few surprises on MNF, or will they just get clobbered like normal?

EDIT: Sorry I screwed up and posted two threads of the same kind...mods can feel free to delete one of them.

DMBcrew36
08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry but Jauron is INCAPABLE of beating the Patriots. Our D-line sucks, our O-line sucks. It's gonna get ugly.

He can pull out whatever he wants but the Bills are inferior to the Patriots in coaching and in performance.

TheBrownBear
08-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Typical Patriot clobbering. We actually got a bit of a respite last season from the seemingly never-ending stream of epic ass-kickings doled out by the Pats. But with Brady back, I expect a bloodbath on par with the 2007 outcomes.

As for your initial question, I wouldn't be surprised to see a trick play in there, but I expect the vast majority of the playcalling to be pee-wee league conservative - as is typical of a Dick coached team.

psubills62
08-26-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry but Jauron is INCAPABLE of beating the Patriots. Our D-line sucks, our O-line sucks. It's gonna get ugly.

He can pull out whatever he wants but the Bills are inferior to the Patriots in coaching and in performance.

Just in case you didn't realize, I never mentioned anything about the Bills actually WINNING. I just asked if they would pull out a couple trick plays or if they would go downfield more knowing what's on the line. That sort of thing. Reason #3 was simply that...a reason why Jauron might try a lot of things we might not expect from him.

Jan Reimers
08-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Just in case you didn't realize, I never mentioned anything about the Bills actually WINNING. I just asked if they would pull out a couple trick plays or if they would go downfield more knowing what's on the line. That sort of thing. Reason #3 was simply that...a reason why Jauron might try a lot of things we might not expect from him.
I've said it before. He's keeping it all under wraps in the preseason, and is just waiting to turn it all loose on MNF. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what "it" is.

DMBcrew36
08-26-2009, 09:09 AM

Read paragraph two.

jdbillsfan
08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
This just brings up bad memories. How does a team that creates 6 turnovers lose?? How bad was it at the end when our DB's played 10 yards back, so the cowboys could easily march into field goal range?

Did our special teams even realize an onside kick was coming.....

I think the Bills will try and pull out all the stops, do some gimmicky stuff, but if it comes down to the end, being prepared, managing the clock, etc.... they will lose.

BillsWin
08-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Im hoping more for them just opening up the playbook. because so far it has been dull. Not one pass over 35 yards all preseason, the running has been subpar, and the no huddle offense hasnt been fast enough.

yordad
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Do you think the Bills will pull out a few surprises on MNF, or will they just get clobbered like normal?
I think both will happen. :(

RLand
08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
This just brings up bad memories. How does a team that creates 6 turnovers lose?? How bad was it at the end when our DB's played 10 yards back, so the cowboys could easily march into field goal range?

Did our special teams even realize an onside kick was coming.....

I think the Bills will try and pull out all the stops, do some gimmicky stuff, but if it comes down to the end, being prepared, managing the clock, etc.... they will lose.

That was one of the most unbelievable games ever

mybills
08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Do you think the Bills will pull out a few surprises on MNF

Yes, and I'm counting on getting my money's worth.
Plus if TO sits out the rest of PS, he will surprise them, because they don't have much tape on him as a Bill.

RLand
08-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Do you think the Bills will pull out a few surprises on MNF

Yes, and I'm counting on getting my money's worth.
Plus if TO sits out the rest of PS, he will surprise them, because they don't have much tape on him as a Bill.

TO will play well... but it's because he's TO, not because the Pats don't have tape on him.

mybills
08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
TO will play well... but it's because he's TO, not because the Pats don't have tape on him.
as a bill

Ickybaluky
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
as a bill

Are the Bills planning on doing things with him that have never been done before?

Maybe they will make him the QB. Then he can throw to himself every play.

Canadian'eh!
08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
No.

Dick Jauron will run the same Vanilla D as it gets pick to shreds by Brady, the same O that will be ineffective because they will be unpreppared due to the fact that Jauron has no idea how to succeed versus the 3-4, and he'll get schooled and destroyed by Bill Belichek once again.

He'll do this while looking dumbfounded but shwoing no emotion towards anything on the sideline, then he'll have a press conference where he'll offer no critisim, answers or even seem as though we just lost, while telling everyone he'll "have to look at the tape"

can't wait.

mybills
08-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Are the Bills planning on doing things with him that have never been done before?

Maybe they will make him the QB. Then he can throw to himself every play.
Oh, I forgot. They'll probably cheat. They probably have camera's in the Bills locker room, meeting places and practice field.

ddaryl
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
when has Jauron ever did something unpredictable...

the fake last year against Seattle was a on field judgement call because the D left our guy all alone and Bobby practices that play for just such a slip up by the other team.

this team does not have the luxury of being vanilla in PS. they need to work all of it. they need to prepare for these games like it's the regular season because they don't know any of it well enough to think they can wait till the RS to start using it.

So even if Jauron does have a few surprises, my money says the majority of these surprises backfire on us.. It's just the Jauron way. I base that off of watching the Bills the last 3 years and knowing full well what Jauron is capable of.

I'm just not a Jauron fan and I can't see him being capable of 180 degree change...

yordad
08-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, I forgot. They'll probably cheat. They probably have camera's in the Bills locker room, meeting places and practice field.Naw, they will just tap into Trent's headset and listen to all the plays.

yordad
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I've said it before. He's keeping it all under wraps in the preseason, and is just waiting to turn it all loose on MNF. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what "it" is.Yeah, I said that before to. Last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and.....

trapezeus
08-26-2009, 12:53 PM
That'd be amazing if Jauron has been throwing seasons for 10 years to get to this point to unveil an incredbily well thought out and cohesive strategy to win games by large margins.

We can all pray.

Oaf
08-26-2009, 01:31 PM
2) He's coaching for his job.

3) He knows how important beating the Patriots is.

Done and done. See 2008 finale. His job was thought to be on the line (and SHOULD have been) What do we get? A shutout at home, as uninspired as it gets, (except Jackson) and all Dick can muster is throwing Preston under the bus for being the only fired up one out there. Am I wrong?

Hm, maybe that's all I can think of. But for some reason I have a hard time believing Jauron is going to sit back and get pounded 56-10 again.

:coocoo:

Really?

jamze132
08-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Well whatever tricks Dick has up his sleeve, you can bet it will be proceeded by an ill-advised time out.

psubills62
08-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Done and done. See 2008 finale. His job was thought to be on the line (and SHOULD have been) What do we get? A shutout at home, as uninspired as it gets, (except Jackson) and all Dick can muster is throwing Preston under the bus for being the only fired up one out there. Am I wrong?

I guess...but as much as it SHOULD have been on the line, it really wasn't. The Bills just aren't going to dump a guy they signed to an extension that same year.

:coocoo:

Really?

Yeah...now 55-10, I can see. 56-10 won't happen again though, I guarantee it :scared:

Oaf
08-26-2009, 02:06 PM
I guess...but as much as it SHOULD have been on the line, it really wasn't. The Bills just aren't going to dump a guy they signed to an extension that same year.

Yeah...now 55-10, I can see. 56-10 won't happen again though, I guarantee it :scared:
Tom Landry should have been fired for a 4-0/5-1 collapse.

And it's not just that- had the Bills come out desperate, on fire, trying to spoil the Pats bid at a Super Bowl run in front of their playoff CHEATED home crowd that still came out despite the cold and the odds and gave the Patriots a GAME, I would have been fine to let DJ stay on.

But the sheer audacity of DJ perfectly playing the role of the Pats scout team unfortunately didn't fan Wilson's anger enough to get him fired. Such a goose egg can only point to a lack of innovation and boldness- to someone just trying to run the clock out to avoid unneeded injuries and personal fouls.

That's why he should have been fired before and that's why we'll get one trick play and a blowout this Week one Monday Night.

mybills
08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Naw, they will just tap into Trent's headset and listen to all the plays.
right?

BADTHINGSMAN
08-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, I forgot. They'll probably cheat. They probably have camera's in the Bills locker room, meeting places and practice field.

If the Patridiots have to cheat to beat the Bills, then that doesnt say much about the Patridiots.

Oldbillsfan
08-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Dick has no tricks. He will sit through the game looking befuddled. It's on the Bills players, if they have any pride.