X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

What IF...

Edwards struggles and we start the season off with 0-4? Is everyone comfortable going with Fitzpatrick to save the season?

If Minnesota offloads one of Tarvaris Jackson or John David Booty I think we should be all over that.

In fact, Buffalo should monitor the waiver wire very closely for QBs once cuts begin.
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: What IF...

If Trent struggles then the season is a lost cause no matter who you bring in. So keep playing him and Fitzpatrick.

We'll at least end up with a really high draft pick (hopfully top 3) and give the new coach a shot at Stafford or Tebow.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Edwards should get all 16 games.

Fitzpatrick is a terrible QB and I cringe at the thought of him playing any meaningful minutes this season.

Jackson is also terrible. I'd rather just run the wildcat every single play than see Jackson in a Bills uniform.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
        If Trent struggles then the season is a lost cause no matter who you bring in. So keep playing him and Fitzpatrick.

We'll at least end up with a really high draft pick (hopfully top 3) and give the new coach a shot at Stafford or Tebow.
        Detroit took Stafford this year.

You mean Bradford? And McCoy is a better QB prospect than Tebow.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
          Edwards should get all 16 games.

Fitzpatrick is a terrible QB and I cringe at the thought of him playing any meaningful minutes this season.

Jackson is also terrible. I'd rather just run the wildcat every single play than see Jackson in a Bills uniform.
          Jackson has been very good in pre-season and has surpassed Rosenfels on the depth chart I believe.

He also has a gun for an arm.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
            Edwards struggles and we start the season off with 0-4? Is everyone comfortable going with Fitzpatrick to save the season?

If Minnesota offloads one of Tarvaris Jackson or John David Booty I think we should be all over that.

In fact, Buffalo should monitor the waiver wire very closely for QBs once cuts begin.
            I think Fitzpatrick showed last year in Cincy he's not the type of QB that can save a season if a franchise QB goes down. So I say ride the Edwards train for the entire season. That said I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a guy like Booty to serve as the 3rd QB this season and possibly be in a competition for Edwards in the 2010 with a new head coach. However without that coach in place it's tough to look at QBs that said coach would like when don't have said as said coach.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              Detroit took Stafford this year.

You mean Bradford? And McCoy is a better QB prospect than Tebow.
              Oops... yes..

I did mean Bradford. I also forgot about McCoy. I'm not usually up on College prospects until the bowl games roll around, other than knowing there is a lot of tlak about thsoe 3 QB's.

But the point is... if we stink this year with trent, there is no saving the season anyway.

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

Tebow will not be drafted top 3.. nor do i think he will be an nfl QB.... And I think you mean bradford?!?

Comment

• Aero II
                  RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                  Tebow will not be drafted top 3.. nor do i think he will be an nfl QB
                  Why wouldn't Tebow be an NFL QB? They guy is a winner, he's got great size and rarely makes mistakes.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jaybird
                    Tebow will not be drafted top 3.. nor do i think he will be an nfl QB.... And I think you mean bradford?!?
                    I've seen Tebow make throws that I still haven't seen from Edwards.

Comment

• billsfanone
                      Majored in Home Economics
                      • Sep 2008

No absolutely not. Fitzpatrick is not the answer. He's a backup. If Trent goes 0-4, then get a head start and start analyzing the draft board.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

How about Jeff George?

I heard he recently had a very impressive workout for NFL scouts.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

There's a reason Jeff George is not/has not been in the NFL for 5 years.

He's a locker room cancer and wasn't a very good QB to beign with!

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

jeff George has a cannon arm. He would go great with TO.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

There's a reason Jeff George is not/has not been in the NFL for 5 years.

He's a locker room cancer and wasn't a very good QB to beign with!
                              Yeah he was a distraction because he wanted to start. At this point he would be happy to be a backup and if Trent does fail I wouldn't mind seeing this guy launching passes to TO and Lee.

Comment

Working...
                              X