PDA

View Full Version : Saddest part of Whitner vs Ngata

patmoran2006
08-26-2009, 01:28 PM
This is a nugget from an upcoming story...

But do you want to know the absolute SADDEST part of drafting Whitner over Ngata in 2006? Forget about the "who knew Ngata would be a stud" or "he plays with better talent"

Whether people loved or hated the Whitner pick, it's universally agreed Whitner was picked to be a playmaker.

Well sadly, the most pathetic part of any comparison, is that through three seasons, Ngata actually has more freegin INTERCEPTIONS (3) than Whitner (2).

That is really, really a sad stat.

cocamide
08-26-2009, 01:31 PM
We're cleaning house after this season anyway. Here's to another 10 years of rebuilding!

ddaryl
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
that was killer blow right here.

If Whitner doesn't produce this year... we'll just draft another 2nd rd safety in the top 10 next year

bigbub2352
08-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Whitner was a joke pick at 8 i said it then and will say it now Ngata is a franchise DT and we took a bum un real

Lexwhat
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
So???

Whitner is better than Ngata in another key category:

...Number of times arrested and/or tasered.

Barb
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
lol, nice find

trapezeus
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I should put that as my status update and then befriend whitner so he can see it.

Lexwhat
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I should put that as my status update and then befriend whitner so he can see it.

:rofl:

justasportsfan
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM

But do you want to know the absolute SADDEST part of drafting Whitner over Ngata in 2006? Forget about the "who knew Ngata would be a stud" or "he plays with better talent"

Whether people loved or hated the Whitner pick, it's universally agreed Whitner was picked to be a playmaker.

Well sadly, the most pathetic part of any comparison, is that through three seasons, Ngata actually has more freegin INTERCEPTIONS (3) than Whitner (2).

IMO, Witner would be a better player playing for another team and another system. Not saying he'd be a probowl just saying he'd be better than what he is today. The same goes for the rest of the players on this team. They are told to bend over but not break.

more cowbell
08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
whitner is a complete joke

justasportsfan
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
whitner is a complete joke
so is our coaching staff.

B-DON
08-26-2009, 04:28 PM
so is our coaching staff.

so are half your posts

sauce
08-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Like I have said before it sucks but the Whitner Vs Ngata point is getting old...

Jax could of had Lee Evans instead of Reggie Williams...It happends its part of the intrigue behind the NFL draft

Yasgur's Farm
08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Like I have said before it sucks but the Whitner Vs Ngata point is getting old...

Jax could of had Lee Evans instead of Reggie Williams...It happends its part of the intrigue behind the NFL draftNice point... Keep posting.

Philagape
08-26-2009, 07:22 PM

Jax could of had Lee Evans instead of Reggie Williams...It happends its part of the intrigue behind the NFL draft

And the teams that are better at it win more, so the point is valid

yordad
08-26-2009, 08:36 PM
That had the same number of sacks last year too!!

Ngata SUCKS!!!!

Ickybaluky
08-26-2009, 09:04 PM

Ngata SUCKS!!!!

In career sacks, Ngata has him beat (5 to 1).

Ngata also has him beat in passes defensed (8 to 7).

OpIv37
08-26-2009, 09:07 PM

yeah, if it were JUST Whitner vs Ngata you may have a point. But the Bills have a LONG history of making the wrong draft choices, whereas guys chosen just a few picks later went on to have awesome careers in positions where we now suck. This is simply another case of the Bills picking the wrong guy.

As Philagape pointed out, teams that pick the wrong guy tend to lose a lot more games than the teams that pick the right guy.

OpIv37
08-26-2009, 09:09 PM

Ngata SUCKS!!!!

He's better than every DT on the Bills with the possible exception of Stroud, and Stroud's past his prime whereas Ngata is just entering his.

Oaf
08-26-2009, 10:30 PM
so are half your posts
So are all of yours. :chuckle:

Haha, justa is right though.

The Juice Is Loose
08-27-2009, 01:44 AM
YOUR ALL WRONG!

The worst part about drafting Whitner wasn't mising out on Ngata, although Ngata would've been better.

The worst part about drafting Whitner was not drafting Jay Cutler.

"Quarterback free for 10 years" I believe i read on hear earlier in the week. We only had JP Losman during this draft. Cutler was a hands down stud, even common opinion on both this message board and the bb.com board. At least as far as I remembered it. We had absolutely zero reason to stick with Losman. The GM was gone, the coach was gone, it was time to start from scratch and we had a chance at a franchise QB but took a freaking STRONG SAFETY!!!

There are probably 4, at most, strong safeties that truly make a difference in the NFL. Maybe 6 safeties total. Another consideration is the amount of injury risk a SS has vs. a QB. Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders...between concussions and torn ligaments and you name it, these guys all have or have had injury issues with the last 12 months.

Cutler doesn't take sacks because he's a decisive, ballsy, gun slinger. The ex-zaaaaact thing we should have taken.

Haloti Ngata was never an option to me. It was Jay Cutler all the day, and this next off season I'll bet any one of you the Bears will make him the highest paid QB in the entire league.

Trent, if anything this preseason is an indication, is gonna be in a QB competition next season which whichever stud QB we blow our next high first round pick on.

----Sorry to ramble on. I was going to end it there. But just imagine, if we had Cutler, imagine the options we would've had between then and now. Imagine the effect it would've had on Lee Evans. The dude threw for 4500 yards last year.

I'm not saying Trent couldn't have a great year this year. I'm actually a fan of his and support him a lot. But when the 06 draft discussion comes up, as it will as long as Whitner is around doing nothing and posting stupid facebook comments about random articles which list him in some top ten of BS, I'll always be hollaring about how I wanted Cutler.

yordad
08-27-2009, 07:23 AM
In career sacks, Ngata has him beat (5 to 1).

Ngata also has him beat in passes defensed (8 to 7).He shouldn't even be a defensive "tackle". Whitner has nearly twice as many tackles in his career.

Ngata SUCKS!!

yordad
08-27-2009, 07:24 AM
He's better than every DT on the Bills with the possible exception of Stroud, and Stroud's past his prime whereas Ngata is just entering his.I guess you missed my sarcasm on that one. :idunno:

Ickybaluky
08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
He shouldn't even be a defensive "tackle". Whitner has nearly twice as many tackles in his career.

Ngata SUCKS!!

Maybe they should switch positions.

HHURRICANE
08-27-2009, 07:49 AM

The stat is awesome and sad!! But in fairness Whitner was brought in because we had no canidate at SS after we cut Milloy loose.

Whitner was drafted to start.

I was a huge Ngata fan along with a bunch of people here.

yordad
08-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Maybe they should switch positions.And TEAMS! :op:

Devin
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Please dont remind me of that draft.

Ngata and Mangold.....they could both be in Bills uni's right now. :ill:

The Juice Is Loose
08-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Your all really going to ingore my post about the fact that we had a clean open chance at a franchise QB and took a SS??

Luisito23
08-28-2009, 02:13 AM
A lot of people wanted Huff though...:console: