PDA

View Full Version : if we start off crappy...

more cowbell
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
We play 8 games before our bye week. If we start off with 2 wins or less in those first 8 games...do you think Ralph has the balls to can Jauron mid-season?

It would make sense to probally everyone on this board if we were to start off terrible, firing Jauron and making April head coach for the rest of the season to see what he can give to the team would be the best scenario.

but do you honestly think it would happen? or would we just ride out the whole season with the corpse (jauron) on the sideline?

trapezeus
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
i definitely think jauron is gone by mid season if it's a total meltdown like how it's looked at the end of the year the last two years with jauron. however, i don't think bobby april is going to make a great head coach.but i could be wrong.

What is frustrating is that the FO elected to throw away the 2009 season with this jauron nonsense instead of starting fresh with a real coach. firing jauron at this point brings about no satisfaction. We wasted a year when we all know the result is that he won't be able to get it done.

Typ0
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but the entire management and ownership of the organization has already given up on this year. They already know it's going to be bad and DJ isn't going to be a fall guy. They believe that next year is HOPEFULLY a year things will start to look up.

ddaryl
08-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately Ralph doens't have the balls to change horses in midstream... even if the horse he has in the race is a 3 legged horse with fat albert as the jockey

casdhf
08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I think it Jauron gets the axe, it'll be April who leads the show the rest of the season.

It doesn't matter though, we'll be 6-2 at the bye.

trapezeus
08-26-2009, 04:24 PM
if jauron gets canned, they should bring in a guy that they really want mid season. let him evaluate the team during the season so that the next year they hit the ground running.

I don't want a weak interim coach.

Akhippo
08-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I wouldnt mind it if they totally stunk up the joint. Let April pizzazz the rest of the season and make it interesting.

However i would start by giving a call to Shanahan or Cowher and seeing what it might take to get them here. Without GM duties though. OK, Shanahan without GM duties. Them them evaluate the team and come up with a gameplan for the offseason.

I just have a feeling that this is a lame duck season, Jauron is a goner, and we wasted a season.

T-Long
08-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I highly doubt that any of those coaches will want to come in and be our head coach. I just don't see it happening. I could see April becoming the new head coach or we get a cheap coordinator somewhere.

Typ0
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
we don't need another expirement.

yordad
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
The boldest move I could see happening at the bye is starting Bell at LT.

Yasgur's Farm
08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
3 wins or less at the bye makes Bobby April interim coach... Then, negotiations can begin with Shottenheimer... He will evaluate behind the scenes and hit the ground running the day after week 17.

Hemlepp53
08-26-2009, 10:36 PM
3 wins or less at the bye makes Bobby April interim coach... Then, negotiations can begin with Shottenheimer... He will evaluate behind the scenes and hit the ground running the day after week 17.

Sounds so sweet.... Marty Ball in Buffalo. That would be great. I'd Love Gruden or Cowher. We need an ass kicking .. in your face... shut ya mouth and do it type coach... Not Slick Dick....

Mr. Pink
08-26-2009, 10:40 PM
If?

Brutal schedule combined with bad line play on both side of the line and you say if?

When, is more appropriate expectations at this point.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-26-2009, 11:29 PM
I dont see Jauron ever getting canned during the season... If we dont make the playoffs... then he will be a goner

jamze132
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Cowher, as unrealistic as it is, is probably the right guy to steer the ship, both on and off the field. He had so much success in a similar city a few hours away. he knows what it takes to win in the cold and down the stretch and it's obvious he knows how to scout talent.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Cowher, as unrealistic as it is, is probably the right guy to steer the ship, both on and off the field. He had so much success in a similar city a few hours away. he knows what it takes to win in the cold and down the stretch and it's obvious he knows how to scout talent.
Agreed 100%... Cowher is the guy id like running things in buffalo

mybills
08-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Cowher? Are you kidding? We have nice kids who have been pussified by Jauron..but I guess the opponents slipping on puddles of tears would be a new kind of defense.

HHURRICANE
08-27-2009, 07:52 AM
I actually think Jauron realizes that this is his last season. This team is not making the playoffs and I'm sure based on what he has seen he knows this.

For all of the Bobby April fans you will find out why he is a coordinator if he ever becomes HC.

Night Train
08-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Right. Ralph will pay Cowher the big bucks. I'll be mayor of Moscow first.

Bobby April is here and he comes CHEAP.

bigbub2352
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
We can only hope and pray that we start off bad, lets face facts the only way we start winning is to get rid of staff and front office, we need a winning coach to come in here with passion and a front office that has some football experiance not 10yrs of failure on there resume
let the rebuilding begin as soon as possible
otherwise 0-6 in the division is a gurantee again

Akhippo
08-27-2009, 11:56 AM
I wish the people that just spout, "Ralph wont pay" would bring somemore input to the discussion.

Marty is not coming back, neither is Dungy.
Holmgren might.
Gruden scares me due to be wishy washy with QB's.
Shanahan without GM controll would be OK, he also seems to be willing to learn hence his training camp visits.
Cowher would def. be might first choice, even if it is a longshot.