PDA

View Full Version : Bills MLB Posluszny bears down

madness
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Bills MLB Posluszny bears down (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090827/SPORTS03/908270328/Bills+MLB+Posluszny+bears+down)
ORCHARD PARK — You would expect nothing less from Paul Posluszny, an honest, hard-working kid from the heart of football country in central Pennsylvania who is about as down-to-earth as an <nobr id="itxt_nobr_0_0" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;">NFL</nobr> player can be.
http://www.billszone.com/mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif Rochester Democrat & Chronicle | Posted at 07:03 AM

Canadian'eh!
08-27-2009, 11:18 AM
I was worried their be an attachment of a picture of Poz on the can in here.

Though I still opened the thread.... so now i'm worried about myself.

billser
08-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Im glad he realizes he was just average last year. Lets hope he can change that though.

DMBcrew36
08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm glad that Poz wants to emulate Urlacher but Urlacher also has a great D-line in front of him. It's sad, really, that the Bills don't see how embarrassing their DEs are. It would make it a lot easier for Poz to make picks and game-changing plays if he had a D-line that pressured the QB more than once per game.

Mahdi
08-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Poz really needs to work on the art of blitzing though. He has a tendency to slam right in to the C or G and get swallowed up.

We have horrible blitzes in general from our LB crew.

DMBcrew36
08-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Poz really needs to work on the art of blitzing though. He has a tendency to slam right in to the C or G and get swallowed up.

We have horrible blitzes in general from our LB crew.

You mean the Center or Guard that our D-line should be handling?

Mahdi
08-27-2009, 01:23 PM
You mean the Center or Guard that our D-line should be handling?
No. I mean Poz has to beat an offensive linemen to get to the QB. How many times do you see blitzers going in scott free on QBs. Not that often. You have to beat someone and Poz, Mitchell and Ellison rarely do.

MLBs in particular have to beat an interior linemen most of the time to get a sack.

bigbub2352
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Poz needs to be out of the Cover 2 all together and he needs to be allowed to read and react and make plays, not take 2 steps back into coverage every play like our current **** scheme makes him do

HHURRICANE
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I love motivational talk from players that underperformed. It very Takeo Spikesish.

DMBcrew36
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
I love motivational talk from players that underperformed. It very Takeo Spikesish.

"We think we can be the best defense since the '85 Bears"

- Takeo Spikes

justasportsfan
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Another talented and smart player made to look average.

Crisis
08-28-2009, 01:03 AM

what? takeo was the best lb in football here before his injury

jamze132
08-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Poz will excell when Fewell is fired after this season.

Night Train
08-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Poz looks bad in the Cover 2. He should be playing closer to the LOS in a 4-3, since he shows no hesitation to plug the hole inside.

He'll look better when the Cover 2 goes the way of the Dodo.

Buffalogic
08-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Another talented and smart player made to look average.I don't know what this is supposed to mean. Takeo was a fantastic player for us before his injury. He didn't look average for us. He looked great, because he was great. Injury derailed him like it does many others.

colin
08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
It's sad, really, that the Bills don't see how embarrassing their DEs are.

dude, the spent a 3rd last year and the 11th over all pick this year on DE. I think it's save to say that the bills FO recognize the weakness at the DE position.

the needy mentstral panicking so that many of you chicken littles go through really is insane. it causes you to be so so certain of impending doom that you ignore all reality.

DMBcrew36
08-28-2009, 08:03 AM
dude, the spent a 3rd last year and the 11th over all pick this year on DE. I think it's save to say that the bills FO recognize the weakness at the DE position.

the needy mentstral panicking so that many of you chicken littles go through really is insane. it causes you to be so so certain of impending doom that you ignore all reality.

Yeah, getting an undersized little guy like Maybin who has played 1 yr of college DE is really going to help a DE core that is the worst in the league. Nevermind that it's arguably the most important position on a 4-3 Cover2 defense. It's no big deal that Schobel and Kelsay are our starters and never even get a whiff of QBs. I shouldn't be concerned - I've been ignoring reality. :crazy:

justasportsfan
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. Takeo was a fantastic player for us before his injury. He didn't look average for us. He looked great, because he was great. Injury derailed him like it does many others.

our coaches make our talented players look average is what I meant. See Lee Evans.

The Juice Is Loose
08-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah, getting an undersized little guy like Maybin who has played 1 yr of college DE is really going to help a DE core that is the worst in the league. Nevermind that it's arguably the most important position on a 4-3 Cover2 defense. It's no big deal that Schobel and Kelsay are our starters and never even get a whiff of QBs. I shouldn't be concerned - I've been ignoring reality. :crazy:

To say they are the worst in the league is BS. Schobel has made pro bowls, including the season before last when he was injurred. Stroud is definately good. Kelsay sucks at going after the QB, but is good against the run. At least be reasonable in your assessments and not such a DB.

But, as your name implys, your a DMB fan, which kills any and all credibility you have with me. Anybody that wants to listen to some band play an elevator song for 20 minutes must have something wrong with them.

DMBcrew36
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
To say they are the worst in the league is BS. Schobel has made pro bowls, including the season before last when he was injurred. Stroud is definately good. Kelsay sucks at going after the QB, but is good against the run. At least be reasonable in your assessments and not such a DB.

But, as your name implys, your a DMB fan, which kills any and all credibility you have with me. Anybody that wants to listen to some band play an elevator song for 20 minutes must have something wrong with them.

Grow up - I might think whatever you listen to is untalented garbage but at least I know it has nothing to do with football.

And whats DB? Douchebag? What, because I'm aware D-line is the most important part of a 4-3 cover 2 defense (specifically the DEs), and I think we have the worst DEs in the league? News flash jackass - this is a messageboard and I'm allowed my opinion. And if you actually read, you'd see that I said nothing bad of our DTs - I think Stroud is a beast and Kyle Williams and Spencer Johnson are decent, too.

Hemlepp53
08-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Lunch Pail Poz.. I love his ability to say it how it is. At Least he knows his role and position on the field. He is a playmaker and can be a huge weapon for our D if he is allowed to be a monster.