PDA

View Full Version : Fine getting injured may be a good thing

BillsWin
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Just for the short term. With him out Saturday, Nelson will recieve more work. Something that has continually increased every game. I also believe Stupar will see alot of work as he fights for a roster spot. Schouman has yet to proove to me that hes our starting TE, and I belive both Nelson and Stupar have shown more than either of the Dereks. Not saying I dont like Fine, because I do and there is no way in hell he gets the boot after one year. But that being said neither will Schouman who the coaching staff circle jerks to non stop. Not that I dont like Schouman either. I just dont like him as a starter.

So its up to Nelson to continue to improve and Stupar to earn a spot. Maybe as the full back position because we dont really use one.

With Fine out a game both will have the opportunities they need.

Forward_Lateral
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Did I miss something? What happened to Fine?

ddaryl
08-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Fine is out too ???

At this point Stupar should be starting with the 1st team then...

With nelson getting lots of opportunities.

Mahdi
08-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I think Fine can be used as a fullback if we ever use one. He isn't that tall and has a thick build.

This way we can keep 4 TEs instead of 3.

BillsWin
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Fine tweaked his hamstring. hes out Sat.

Michael82
08-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh man. When did that happen? :ill:

BillsWin
08-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Oh man. When did that happen? :ill:

today. It shouldnt be too bad.

MDFINFAN
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
today. It shouldnt be too bad.

That's too bad this is the game you want everyone..

mikemac2001
08-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Bring in nelson first team, was pumped to see him out there vs GB to only see a 2 yd out pattern.

Hopefully try to get some passes down the field to him

HHURRICANE
08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't like to see anyone get hurt but I hope Fine is one of the cuts.

This team has drafted so many useless TE/HB/LB/DB all in one hybrids I often wonder if there is some other league that I don't know about for these guys.

In a perfect world they would cut Wendling and Fine.

BillsWin
08-27-2009, 08:56 PM

This team has drafted so many useless TE/HB/LB/DB all in one hybrids I often wonder if there is some other league that I don't know about for these guys.

Id cut Schouman before Fine to be quite honest. Though I agree with you on Wendling.

Dying_-2-_Live
08-27-2009, 09:08 PM
I would much rather see Schouman gone. Keep Nelson, Stupar and Fine and our TE situation looks ok. We have our recieving TE for passing downs and our blocking TE on running downs. Looks good to me

FlyingDutchman
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM

really? i thought Fine played very well last year for a rookie and made an impact right away when back from injury

TigerJ
08-27-2009, 10:45 PM
If Nelson and Stupar are spectacular against the Steelers, we might just learn that Fine's injury is far more serious.

mybills
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
No, it was a "little" hamstring. lol.
“Derek tweaked a little hamstring,” said Jauron.
I don't really care what size they are, they ****ing hurt. Mine is just starting to feel better after several weeks.

Hemlepp53
08-28-2009, 09:51 AM
We need to push Nelson on the field as often as possible. This kids has potential and was a steal for us in the draft. He can be the TE of the future for this team if we get him the experience soon and often.

mikemac2001
09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Bring in nelson first team, was pumped to see him out there vs GB to only see a 2 yd out pattern.

Hopefully try to get some passes down the field to him

Loved how they used him week one hopefully open it up a little more this week

yordad
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Loved how they used him week one hopefully open it up a little more this weekI didn't particular like how they used him. He is fast, they should have used him to stretch the field down the seem. Especially with the way the Pats reportedly "tripled" Lee and TO. 2 yard out patterns should have been replaced by 12 yard crossing routes and 15-20 yard seem routes.

mush69
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I thought Stupar got released?

:idunno:

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
No, it was a "little" hamstring. lol.
“Derek tweaked a little hamstring,” said Jauron.
I don't really care what size they are, they ****ing hurt. Mine is just starting to feel better after several weeks.

I had a lingering hamstring injury from last October. It didn't fully heal until May.

yordad
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I thought Stupar got released?

:idunno:He was resigned for depth as the third TE when Fine was injured. Being that the Bill employ a lot of two tight end set, they didn't want to go into a game with only 2 active. Shortly after the game Stupar was cut again, and is probably/hopefully re-signing to the practice squad as we speak (if not already).

SABURZFAN
09-18-2009, 07:57 AM
:z: