• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

So we haven't lit it up so far this pre season

Who has? I watch Sportscenter. I know what's going on in the NFL. Who exactly has lit it up so far this preseason? According to the preseason so far, nobody is going to the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady got shut down by Cinci. Peyton hasn't made a highlight other than getting sacked twice. I haven't even seen Phillip Rivers. Who has thrown a ball 35+ yards so far?

I would honestly like to know, because I bet f'n nobody has.

You are all trippin over pre season. We were 3 better games away from a 10-6 record last season. We've made improvements and like I read in the thread about if Jauron will "pull out all the stops"...there is an added sense of desperation.

Its the 50th anny. Ralph in the HOF. Jauron fighting for his job. Trent fighting for his job. Maybe even Brandon fightiing for his job.

But seriously, who's done anything this preseason? The answer: Nobody. Preseason is on a decline of importance and significance. Teams want their stars healthy.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: So we haven't lit it up so far this pre season

This is just a rerun I saw on NFL Network, but I saw Peyton throw two TDs in a quarter, one of them a bomb to Wayne.
    But again, that's just what I happened to see.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
      Who has? I watch Sportscenter. I know what's going on in the NFL. Who exactly has lit it up so far this preseason? According to the preseason so far, nobody is going to the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady got shut down by Cinci. Peyton hasn't made a highlight other than getting sacked twice. I haven't even seen Phillip Rivers. Who has thrown a ball 35+ yards so far?

You are all trippin over pre season. We were 3 better games away from a 10-6 record last season. We've made improvements and like I read in the thread about if Jauron will "pull out all the stops"...there is an added sense of desperation.

Its the 50th anny. Ralph in the HOF. Jauron fighting for his job. Trent fighting for his job. Maybe even Brandon fightiing for his job.

But seriously, who's done anything this preseason? The answer: Nobody. Preseason is on a decline of importance and significance. Teams want their stars healthy.
      But there aren't any teams that have the stellar stat line that our first team offense has this pre-season...

58 plays for 208 yards, two interceptions, a fumble and a field goal.

The average possession has lasted 6.4 plays and gained 23 yards.

Just like last year...

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

You are all trippin over pre season. We were 3 better games away from a 10-6 record last season.

We were 3 worse games away from 4-12 too.

In "lit it up", I think you are looking in the wrong place for your assessment. It isn't about the score in preseason. You had to have noticed the starters don't really play the whole game.

I know you are try to have a semi-positive thread here, but I don't think it is working for me. The score doesn't matter. Who cares if they win. I wan't their starters to look good. Just look at the first quarterish vs the Packers, and tell me which team LOOKED better.

Preseason is about evaluating individual performances, not the team as a whole. But when almost all your individual performers are underperforming, what kind of conclusion should we draw?

I understand players can have an off-game. But, when they have had an off-decade, no one is getting the benifit of my doubt.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

The Bears lit the Giants up pretty hard.

The Green Bay Packers dominated us, and the team they played previous to us.
          Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-28-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Rivers, Peyton and Brady are all proven qb's. Kinda like when Kelly and the bills crapped during preseason . You know he was good in regular games so there were no worries.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

for teams that have been good, preseason can be for trying things around. so you can have bad brady stats and know that has no meaning.

When you have a team that sucks, they really need that preseason to start gaining confidence and understand the new system they are in.

Brady, manning, they know their system, they're just staying loose. They also have the knack of shaking off bad plays during the regular season.

For the bills they never shake anything off, so if you see trent having a prototypical effort in preseason, you can extrapolate that that's what you are going to get during regular season.

Apples and oranges in my opinion.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Actually, Manning had a very nice second preseason game. He led his offense on two TD drives, I believe, against the Eagles.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                  The Bears lit the Giants up pretty hard.
                  And we lit the Bears. This is exactly why it doesn't make sense to count pre season games. Seems like a waste of money to even bet on these games.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

As several people have pointed out in this thread, it's one thing for established teams to struggle in the pre-season. They've already proven they can win. The Bills haven't proven anything. Thus, even the most optimitic fan (I'm one of them) has to be concerned with the Bills performance last week. A decent performance this weekend sure would make me feel a lot better.
                    Last edited by mayotm; 08-28-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                      And we lit the Bears. This is exactly why it doesn't make sense to count pre season games. Seems like a waste of money to even bet on these games.
                      It was Cutler's first action with the Bears, in the Bears first preseason game, when we had already played a preseason game. That provides the Bills with a significant advantage, especially if you consider it was in Buffalo.
                      Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-28-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

It was Cutler's first action with the Bears, in the Bears first preseason game, when we had already played a preseason game. That provides the Bills with a significant advantage, especially if you consider it was in Buffalo.
                        This is true, but the Giants are still better than the Bills.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

I just want our first team offense to do what its supposed to; score.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                            This is true, but the Giants are still better than the Bills.
                            The Giants are much better than the Bills - mainly because their defensive and offensive lines (the guys in the trenches) are much better as a collective unit.

The Bears are also better than the Bills. By how much? I don't know. That depends on Cutler's consistancy. But we've all seen Cutler and I have no doubt that the Bears can be a playoff team in the NFC and will fight for the division with Green Bay.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

The Giants are much better than the Bills - mainly because their defensive and offensive lines (the guys in the trenches) are much better as a collective unit.

The Bears are also better than the Bills. By how much? I don't know. That depends on Cutler's consistancy. But we've all seen Cutler and I have no doubt that the Bears can be a playoff team in the NFC and will fight for the division with Green Bay.
                              I am not convinced the Bears are better then the Bills.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X