PDA

View Full Version : DraftBoy - Give me a break down

Hemlepp53
08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
DraftBoy... Give me a breakdown on the various players heading into 2010 that will go first 3 rounds out of the various Florida Teams (UF, FSU, Mia., USF, UCF, FAU, ect...) I can honestly say i am enlightened 90% of the time i read a threat or post of yours... very Educated... What do you do for a living...

DraftBoy
08-28-2009, 04:42 PM
DraftBoy... Give me a breakdown on the various players heading into 2010 that will go first 3 rounds out of the various Florida Teams (UF, FSU, Mia., USF, UCF, FAU, ect...) I can honestly say i am enlightened 90% of the time i read a threat or post of yours... very Educated... What do you do for a living...
Seniors only are listed below...I can go more indepth about each player if you would like.

Florida-
QB Tim Tebow
LB Brandon Spikes
WR Carl Moore
KS Brandon Jams
LB Dustin Doe
DE Jermaine Cunningham
WR Riley Cooper

FSU-
LB Dekoda Watson
CB Patrick Robinson
S Jamie Robinson
DT Jeremy Mincey

USF-
DE George Selvie
QB Matt Grothe
S Nate Allen

FAU-
WR Cortez Gent
QB Rusty Smith
TE Jamari Grant

UCF-
DT Terrell Troup

Miami-
LB Daryl Sharpton
S Randy Phillips
RB Javarris James
TE Dedrick Epps

FIU-
No Potential Top 3 Round Prospects

Hemlepp53
09-01-2009, 08:07 AM
FAU-
WR Cortez Gent
QB Rusty Smith
TE Jamari Grant

Thanks for the break down brother. What do you make of the FAU Owls football program. Fairly new team .. Legendary Head Coach... Very Small School...

Do you see their program taking players to the next level (NFL) on a consistant basis?

DraftBoy
09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the break down brother. What do you make of the FAU Owls football program. Fairly new team .. Legendary Head Coach... Very Small School...

Do you see their program taking players to the next level (NFL) on a consistant basis?

Offensively its all on Rusty Smith. No real running game, three good TE's, a good WR. Smith has to bounce back after a disappointing Junior season.

Defensively losing a player like Frantz Joseph is a big time blow (Along with your 5 other top tacklers), but I really like junior CB's Tarvious Polo, and Tarvoris Hill. Only issue is the same one the Bills have. No pass rush, they have to find a way to pressure the QB.

I think its going to be a long year for the Owls, though they have a lot of freshman who could develop with some time.

Hemlepp53
09-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Offensively its all on Rusty Smith. No real running game, three good TE's, a good WR. Smith has to bounce back after a disappointing Junior season.

Defensively losing a player like Frantz Joseph is a big time blow (Along with your 5 other top tacklers), but I really like junior CB's Tarvious Polo, and Tarvoris Hill. Only issue is the same one the Bills have. No pass rush, they have to find a way to pressure the QB.

I think its going to be a long year for the Owls, though they have a lot of freshman who could develop with some time.

Your'e a ****in walkin talkin NCAA stat book. What do you plan to do with all your talent? Didnt think you would fire back **** regarding a small school like FAU with such a small market and talent pool.

DraftBoy
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Your'e a ****in walkin talkin NCAA stat book. What do you plan to do with all your talent? Didnt think you would fire back **** regarding a small school like FAU with such a small market and talent pool.

Thank you for the kind words. All I plan to do is do what I have been, providing info for you guys and helping EE with anything he needs for the draft guide.

FAU may be a small market team but they are in a large talent pool being in Florida. Hell look at FIU who had a sensational Freshman WR in Ty Hilton last season, who was only a 2 Star Recruit coming out (Rivals.com Ranking). If FAU can catch lightning in a bottle it could be a good year for them, because they need some more offense.

In the Sun Belt overall though I think Troy wins the conference with ease, Levi Brown is a hell of a QB prospect, and the addition of Josh Jarboe at WR (Oklahoma Signee) will be huge for them imo.

As for FAU specifically, I expect them to work a lot out two and three TE sets. With three senior TE's (2 RSr, 1 SR) they have the ability to really show some different looks if they develop even a decent running game. I really like what Grant and Harmon bring in the pass catching game and Houser is a very good blocking TE who can catch. If Harmon can come back from his knee injury he teams up with an extremely good TE in Grant to create big time mismatch issues. I have Grant as my preseason 1st Team All-Sunbelt TE. Also let's not forget about rSo TE Darian Williams who may be the most athletic of the quarter and can split out wide.

Hemlepp53
09-02-2009, 08:45 AM
your the man brother. We appericate the information and education you provide us on the boards.

One question, What happened with Frantz Joseph and the Raiders? Last I heard he was released. He was a beast in college and I assumed he would be a nice cost effective pick up for someone in the NFL.

DraftBoy
09-02-2009, 11:06 AM
your the man brother. We appericate the information and education you provide us on the boards.

One question, What happened with Frantz Joseph and the Raiders? Last I heard he was released. He was a beast in college and I assumed he would be a nice cost effective pick up for someone in the NFL.

Cut prior to camp, due to lack of speed issues. He really fell behind during speed drills and the Raiders put a premium on speed.

I have not seen him sign anywhere else since then. Keep in mind he turned down a full ride at Boston College in order to attend FAU and help out his mother who at the time was living in poverty. She may still be, Im not aware of if her situation has improved or not.

Hemlepp53
09-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I have not seen him sign anywhere else since then.

Thanks bro. Keep me posted if you hear anything in regards to him. I would like to follow the guys career if it takes off. HAve any FAU players made it to the next level?

DraftBoy
09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks bro. Keep me posted if you hear anything in regards to him. I would like to follow the guys career if it takes off. HAve any FAU players made it to the next level?

The only other shot was Jervonte Jackson and he...just got cut yesterday by the Jags

Other than that, no FAU players are in the NFL.

Hemlepp53
09-03-2009, 09:51 AM
The only other shot was Jervonte Jackson and he...just got cut yesterday by the Jags

Other than that, no FAU players are in the NFL.

That blows. Hope they blow up on the NCAA scence like USF ahs the past several years...