• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sting32
    • Oct 2008

PFT reports.....

Report: Bills want to bench Langston Walker

Langston Walker's move to left tackle might not last very long.

The highly paid Bills lineman was moved to the left side to help fill the monumental gap left behind when the team sent Jason Peters to Philadelphia.* But ESPN's Tim Graham reports that the Bills coaching staff prefers Demetrius Bell, a 2008 seventh-round developmental prospect.

Bell is currently sidelined with a "week-to-week" back injury, so the fact that the staff still prefers him is a damning statement about Walker, who is known to struggle in pass protection. Bell is known best for being Karl Malone's estranged son, but has drawn some comparisons to Peters for his athleticism.

No matter who starts, Trent Edwards' blindside protection remains unsettled with two weeks left before the regular season starts.* That can't be comforting news considering Edwards' long history of injuries.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
    http://www.webgamestats.com/nfa.aspx

http://www.eteamz.com/MonroeCountySting/

http://www.nyafl.org/forums/cmps_index.php
  • Patti120
    • Aug 2004

Re: PFT reports.....

I think they'd move him back to RT before they'd bench him. I'm not Dick though and Dick knows better than I.

Almost forgot to add, Git er, I mean, Good Job Marv!
    Last edited by Patti120; 08-28-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• chubluv
      BillsZone bowling team MVP
      • Jan 2003

Someone has to make Ralf see that we have one of the worst F.O. in the league right now. The decisions they have made the last dozen or so years have been mostly awful.

We are in 5th place
      Clump is on the IR
      Chubluv average is 167
      Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
      Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chubluv
        Someone has to make Ralf see that we have one of the worst F.O. in the league right now. The decisions they have made the last dozen or so years have been mostly awful.
        and who made the decision of said front office but none other then Ralph himself. Wilson didn't make the HOF because of his owning the Bills because lord knows that's been piss poor for most of his 50 years.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

I still don't buy it. Walker's performance has only bothered me in the run game in terms of push and Bell has not impressed me at all so far this preseason in either facet.

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Move Walker to LG for Levitre. I'd be in favor of that and have Levitre watch for a little bit before becoming a starter.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

well i think this is half true. some of my friends said that the bills coaches are not happy with butler at RT and the coaches like bell at LT so maybe it is more of a "we like walker more at RT and bell at LT" than we want to bench walker.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Walker was our best lineman for the last 2 years. Benching him would be ******ed.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                  Walker was our best lineman for the last 2 years. Benching him would be ******ed.
                  You realize that he's playing LT now? Peter's was our best lineman over the last two years.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

well said cas
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      You realize that he's playing LT now? Peter's was our best lineman over the last two years.
                      No, Walker was a better RT for the last 2 seasons that Peters was a LT. I know you'll quote some bull **** about watching the film, but Walker has been stellar since he signed a few years ago.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Ive been saying that Walker is too slow and too massive to man the left side of the line. If they put Bell in at LT and move Walker to RT we have a solid line. Hell Butler could replace Levitre until Levitre is ready. Im glad to see the coaching staff has finally opened their eyes. Hell if Butler is doing good at RT, Walker may be benched entirely.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Why not move Walker back to RT, move Butler to G and sit Levitre? Or at least make Butler battle it out with the rookies and earn the spot?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            That is absolutely not true. Walker has been the most consistent at RT. People are dumping on Walker b'cse he can handle the LT. Well he can't...so move him back to where he was best at - leave him at RT where he was excelling, put Bell at LT and let him take his lumps while he gains experience. But the move needs to be done now in preseason and not during the middle of the season when we already have no hope of making it into the playoffs!

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

So we have two pre-season games before we face the Patriots on MNF to open the season and our O-line is on the verge of being reshuffled, again. Unbelievable.

I could have told you that moving Walker to LT and Butler to RT was a stupid and utterly ridiculous idea. I am still flabbergasted at Dick's incompetence. They should have left Walker at RT and brought in a veteran LT to compete with a LT they SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED. But hey, the staff is smarter than all of us combined and they decide to draft a couple of interior lineman. I don't mind the Hangartner signing but to completely ignore the exterior of your line is completely absurd.

This team will not win 6 games this year and you can blame 90% of the losses on the O-line. I'm calling it now. Don't even blame Trent or our pathetic excuse of a pass rush...

Comment

Working...
                              X