PDA

View Full Version : PFT reports.....

sting32
08-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Report: Bills want to bench Langston Walker

Langston Walker's move to left tackle might not last very long.

The highly paid Bills lineman was moved to the left side to help fill the monumental gap left behind when the team sent Jason Peters to Philadelphia.* But ESPN's Tim Graham reports that the Bills coaching staff prefers Demetrius Bell, a 2008 seventh-round developmental prospect.

Bell is currently sidelined with a "week-to-week" back injury, so the fact that the staff still prefers him is a damning statement about Walker, who is known to struggle in pass protection. Bell is known best for being Karl Malone's estranged son, but has drawn some comparisons to Peters for his athleticism.

No matter who starts, Trent Edwards' blindside protection remains unsettled with two weeks left before the regular season starts.* That can't be comforting news considering Edwards' long history of injuries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/m/2009/08/28/report-bills-want-to-bench-langston-walker/

Patti120
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I think they'd move him back to RT before they'd bench him. I'm not Dick though and Dick knows better than I.

Almost forgot to add, Git er, I mean, Good Job Marv!

chubluv
08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Someone has to make Ralf see that we have one of the worst F.O. in the league right now. The decisions they have made the last dozen or so years have been mostly awful.

The Jokeman
08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Someone has to make Ralf see that we have one of the worst F.O. in the league right now. The decisions they have made the last dozen or so years have been mostly awful.
and who made the decision of said front office but none other then Ralph himself. Wilson didn't make the HOF because of his owning the Bills because lord knows that's been piss poor for most of his 50 years.

Oaf
08-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I still don't buy it. Walker's performance has only bothered me in the run game in terms of push and Bell has not impressed me at all so far this preseason in either facet.

Scumbag College
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Move Walker to LG for Levitre. I'd be in favor of that and have Levitre watch for a little bit before becoming a starter.

jimbohastle51
08-28-2009, 08:43 PM
well i think this is half true. some of my friends said that the bills coaches are not happy with butler at RT and the coaches like bell at LT so maybe it is more of a "we like walker more at RT and bell at LT" than we want to bench walker.

casdhf
08-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Walker was our best lineman for the last 2 years. Benching him would be ******ed.

HHURRICANE
08-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Walker was our best lineman for the last 2 years. Benching him would be ******ed.

You realize that he's playing LT now? Peter's was our best lineman over the last two years.

Tatonka
08-28-2009, 10:06 PM
well said cas

casdhf
08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
You realize that he's playing LT now? Peter's was our best lineman over the last two years. No, Walker was a better RT for the last 2 seasons that Peters was a LT. I know you'll quote some bull **** about watching the film, but Walker has been stellar since he signed a few years ago.

BillsWin
08-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Ive been saying that Walker is too slow and too massive to man the left side of the line. If they put Bell in at LT and move Walker to RT we have a solid line. Hell Butler could replace Levitre until Levitre is ready. Im glad to see the coaching staff has finally opened their eyes. Hell if Butler is doing good at RT, Walker may be benched entirely.

OpIv37
08-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Why not move Walker back to RT, move Butler to G and sit Levitre? Or at least make Butler battle it out with the rookies and earn the spot?

mysticsoto
08-29-2009, 12:28 AM
You realize that he's playing LT now? Peter's was our best lineman over the last two years.

That is absolutely not true. Walker has been the most consistent at RT. People are dumping on Walker b'cse he can handle the LT. Well he can't...so move him back to where he was best at - leave him at RT where he was excelling, put Bell at LT and let him take his lumps while he gains experience. But the move needs to be done now in preseason and not during the middle of the season when we already have no hope of making it into the playoffs!

jamze132
08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
So we have two pre-season games before we face the Patriots on MNF to open the season and our O-line is on the verge of being reshuffled, again. Unbelievable.

I could have told you that moving Walker to LT and Butler to RT was a stupid and utterly ridiculous idea. I am still flabbergasted at Dick's incompetence. They should have left Walker at RT and brought in a veteran LT to compete with a LT they SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED. But hey, the staff is smarter than all of us combined and they decide to draft a couple of interior lineman. I don't mind the Hangartner signing but to completely ignore the exterior of your line is completely absurd.

This team will not win 6 games this year and you can blame 90% of the losses on the O-line. I'm calling it now. Don't even blame Trent or our pathetic excuse of a pass rush...

Michael82
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
If only they saw this with Bell earlier in the year. He looked really good in camp and should have won the starting LT job, before the preseason games. Walker should have been left at RT.

Typ0
08-29-2009, 06:38 AM
This is horrible news. 2 -14 here we come.

Canadian'eh!
08-29-2009, 07:28 AM
So we have two pre-season games before we face the Patriots on MNF to open the season and our O-line is on the verge of being reshuffled, again. Unbelievable.

I could have told you that moving Walker to LT and Butler to RT was a stupid and utterly ridiculous idea. I am still flabbergasted at Dick's incompetence. They should have left Walker at RT and brought in a veteran LT to compete with a LT they SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED. But hey, the staff is smarter than all of us combined and they decide to draft a couple of interior lineman. I don't mind the Hangartner signing but to completely ignore the exterior of your line is completely absurd.

This team will not win 6 games this year and you can blame 90% of the losses on the O-line. I'm calling it now. Don't even blame Trent or our pathetic excuse of a pass rush...

I was basically going to post the same thing.

Butler was settling in well at RG and played well there last year. And I never though Walker was agile enough to play LT. For the life of me I don't understand why our coaching staff seems to think they can just shift players around from positions at whim and expect them to be good. Most players spend YEARS trying to master one thing, even something as trivial as moving your footwork right or left on the line.

Regardless, That our coaching staff all of a sudden realizes Butler is NOT a good RT and Walker is NOT a good LT and thinks they shoudl reshuffle a line 2 weeks before the season after spending over 6 weeks teaching new positions to every player on it, is just further proof of how rediculously and totally incompetent this staff and FO is.

pathetic, and it will cost us big time.

Michael82
08-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Butler was settling in well at RG and played well there last year. And I never though Walker was agile enough to play LT. For the life of me I don't understand why our coaching staff seems to think they can just shift players around from positions at whim and expect them to be good. Most players spend YEARS trying to master one thing, even something as trivial as moving your footwork right or left on the line.

Regardless, That our coaching staff all of a sudden realizes Butler is NOT a good RT and Walker is NOT a good LT and thinks they shoudl reshuffle a line 2 weeks before the season after spending over 6 weeks teaching new positions to every player on it, is just further proof of how rediculously and totally incompetent this staff and FO is.

Excellent post! :bf1:

BlackMetalNinja
08-29-2009, 07:36 AM

This team will not win 6 games this year and you can blame 90% of the losses on the O-line. I'm calling it now. Don't even blame Trent or our pathetic excuse of a pass rush...Agreed... agreed... agreed!

Jan Reimers
08-29-2009, 07:38 AM
I saw nothing negative concerning Butler in this article. It was about dissatisfaction with Walker, and his returning to RT, in place of Butler, was never mentioned.

Typ0
08-29-2009, 09:08 AM
they out think themselves.

Canadian'eh!
08-29-2009, 10:33 AM
they out think themselves.

I honestly don't even think that's it. I think everyone surrounding the Bills THINKS they are all a LOT smarter than they are. I hear all this crap about how Dick Jauron went to YALE and is a brilliant mind and all that crap.

I don't know if he's good at math or shakespeare or what... but he definitely doesn't have a PhD in football. Because it doesn't take a Yale grad to figure out that over the history of the NFL, it has been quite a difficult thing to do to change the positions of players and be successful, or that conisistency on an offensive line is one of the biggest keys to playing well.

Which is what they are trying to do with half this team.

patmoran2006
08-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Walker gettting benched would solidify Marv Levy's first year as GM in 2006 as one of, if not the worst GM debuts in the history of the franchise.

The laundry list of Marv errors in 2006 is nearly laughable.
$49 million to Dockery, $25 million to Walker.

Drafting Whitner 8th overall instead of Ngata, Cutler or many others.. Trading up for John McCargo rather than Nick Mangold.

Tutan Reyes.. Craig Nall. Matt Bowen.. I can go on and on.

Completely laughable

mysticsoto
08-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Walker gettting benched would solidify Marv Levy's first year as GM in 2006 as one of, if not the worst GM debuts in the history of the franchise.

The laundry list of Marv errors in 2006 is nearly laughable.
$49 million to Dockery, $25 million to Walker.

Drafting Whitner 8th overall instead of Ngata, Cutler or many others.. Trading up for John McCargo rather than Nick Mangold.

Tutan Reyes.. Craig Nall. Matt Bowen.. I can go on and on.

Completely laughable

All that is true...and yet, the real reason Marv became GM remains a success - appease the angry fans, and increase ticket sales!!! :(

thenry20
08-29-2009, 12:38 PM
I have absolutely zero problems with the Bills drafting those two guards. We needed them! I wish they had stuck Bell as LT from the very beginning and drafted a LT or brought one in. Walker belongs on the right side and has not embarrassed himself there since he's been a Bill. Here's to hoping that Bell recovers quickly and starts at LT.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
No, Walker was a better RT for the last 2 seasons that Peters was a LT. I know you'll quote some bull **** about watching the film, but Walker has been stellar since he signed a few years ago.

Yeah, the two pro-bowls and the new 50 million dollar contract proves that Walker was better.

I love how everyone becomes the angry girlfriend when a Bills player moves on. The line had looked really good so far without Peters and Dockery.