PDA

View Full Version : what if the bills kick butt tonight?

The Juice Is Loose
08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Give us a week off of all your BS? If the bills go into halftime with a lead tonight can you all just leave for 7 days? Either that or shutup?

What if we do REALLY well? Then you'll all be saying "preseason doesn't matter we still suck"

I just am really taken aback at how you guys want them to fail. Its obvious that you want them to blow, so don't even deny it. I almost hope they win to make you look like *******s more than I want them to win just to win.

mybills
08-29-2009, 01:28 PM
:rofl:

I can't speak for others, but I don't want them to blow. I'm also not knocking them at every turn, either.

BillsOwnAll
08-29-2009, 02:10 PM
some people want them to suck just so there right. No doubt. not alot of billevers here.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Ws and Ls in preseason doesn't matter.

But when we've seen the same problems this preseason as we've seen the past decade basically, it's pretty easy to be down on the team. Or think they won't be that good this year.

OpIv37
08-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Give us a week off of all your BS? If the bills go into halftime with a lead tonight can you all just leave for 7 days? Either that or shutup?

What if we do REALLY well? Then you'll all be saying "preseason doesn't matter we still suck"

I just am really taken aback at how you guys want them to fail. Its obvious that you want them to blow, so don't even deny it. I almost hope they win to make you look like *******s more than I want them to win just to win.

you are extremely dense.

No one WANTS them to fail. There is a difference between wants and expectations. I want to come home and see a free, fully loaded 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD in my parking spot but I don't EXPECT that to actually happen.

We all want the Bills to go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. But some of us prefer to have more realistic expectations. Try stepping back and looking at this team objectively. We're starting 2 rookie offensive linemen. Every starting OL is in a different position. Trent is inexperienced and unproven. Lynch is suspended for 3 games. The DL looked like absolute garbage last year and looks the same so far in preseason this year. It's unreasonable to expect this team to do well. They don't have the experience, coaching or talent. It sucks- it's not what we WANT- but it's the reality of the situation.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I have to come on here and eat a lot of crow when the season starts and we start kicking everyone's asses. I'll be more than happy to do that if the Bills actually win. But as a logical person with at least some knowledge of football, I don't see any realistic reason to expect this team to win. Some of you don't want to acknowledge that. You'd rather put the blinders on and go into the season with this "everyone is 0-0" BS, but you're simply setting yourself up for disappointment. Personally, I think it's more fun and challenging to try to come up with reasonable predictions than to just assume the Bills are going to win because that's what I want to happen.

Preseason is an imperfect indicator. So far, we have a team that's looked ok in one game and ****ty in two games. Those are discouraging signs. If they come out and look good today, I will be mildly encouraged and I will give them credit for what they do right.

See, your problem is that you can't see the forest from the trees. It's not JUST about how the Bills have played this pre-season. It's about the problems they had last year and what they did/didn't do in the off-season. I don't think they did enough. When they play preseason games, they show all the same flaws that they had last year. It's not simply based on bad preseason play- there's more to it than that. It would be wrong to come out and say the team sucks because they had one bad quarter in preseason, just as it would be wrong to get all excited if they have a good quarter or a good half tonight.

I have said preseason matters and I stand by that, even if I'm wrong. If the Bills show some pass rush and pass blocking and red zone proficiency tonight, it's a good sign for the regular season and I will say that.

yordad
08-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Doesn't this belong in the smack zone? This is baiting. If you were not trying to bait, you could have used a much different approach.

You have no business telling others how to be fans. Everyone can be a fan in their own way.

Forgive my opinion, just my :2cents:.

yordad
08-29-2009, 02:47 PM
You'd rather put the blinders on and go into the season with this "everyone is 0-0" BS, but you're simply setting yourself up for disappointment.I see what you are saying OP, but I would rather risk the possibilty that I may be disappointed later, no matter how high the risk, instead of always being disappointed. At least I could get some enjoyment leading up to it. If they are a success, then that would just be icing on the cake!!

OpIv37
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM

The more I thought about this post, the more it irritated me.

If you don't like my opinions and you think they're wrong, fine. Post why and we'll have a discussion. But you have no right to accuse me or any other fan of wanting this team to fail simply because we are willing to acknowledge this team's problems and you are not.

I don't live in WNY. I live in VA. It cost me several hundred dollars a year just to watch the team on ****ing TV. I usually go to one game a year, and it's over 400 miles each way. My entire basement is decked out in Bills stuff and I have Bills stuff on my car. I have way too many ****ing posts on this message board. Do those sound like the actions of someone who wants the team to fail?

You are entitled to your opinion and if you disagree with me or other posters, by all means post why. That's what keeps this board going. But leave the accusations and the name-calling behind. Every time someone can't counter a negative comment about this team, they accuse the person who made the comment of "not being a real fan." It's Buffalo Bills McCarthyism and I'm ****ing sick of it.

Philagape
08-29-2009, 03:36 PM
I almost hope they win to make you look like *******s more than I want them to win just to win.

That doesn't sound like a real fan to me :shakeno:

It's ok to be a cheerleader who checks your objectivity at the door, but don't try to impose your pom-poms on others. We speak completely different languages, and you'll never get us. Just keep waving them and go your own way and mind your own business, and it'll more be peaceful for everyone. If you don't like or understand critical analysis, or the fact that the tone here may just reflect the team's performance, then go start your own little cheeleaders-only board.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-29-2009, 03:37 PM

What do they get if the Bills go into the half losing? I honestly dont believe for a minute that Op or HH want the Bills to lose so they can come back and say "im right". Its simple everyone wants to see Buffalo win, but how can fans expect that when Buffalo has been so "vanilla" in the 3 PS games? How can fans expect it with bad coaching, mediocre players, no game plan? Every year I hope "this is the year the playoff droubt ends" and every year it doesnt. You can look at Op's post as "whining" but to me its another fan that wants the team to succeed maybe more so then others. I read alot of Op's posts and HH's posts(Except the Peters ones) and I find myself agreeing with them. We all want Buffalo to win, but some of us cant praise a team that hasnt earned it.

Billz_fan
08-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I gotta agree with Op,

I see the same team with the same problems for the last several years. I see the same team this preseason. I want the team to do well. I don't think they will though based on what I see. They will also play some good games this year no doubt about it. However, at the end of 16 games we are gonna be the same again. I hope Im wrong but logic says,

Looks like a duck
Walks like a duck
Must be a duck

jamze132
08-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I absolutely love the Bills, but they suck ass. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than any other person out there.

Typ0
08-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Who are you to tell people to go away because you don't like their opinions? If you have a problem with peoples opinions here to the point that it is giving you stress you are the one that needs to go away.

mayotm
08-29-2009, 05:28 PM
The more I thought about this post, the more it irritated me.

If you don't like my opinions and you think they're wrong, fine. Post why and we'll have a discussion. But you have no right to accuse me or any other fan of wanting this team to fail simply because we are willing to acknowledge this team's problems and you are not.

I don't live in WNY. I live in VA. It cost me several hundred dollars a year just to watch the team on ****ing TV. I usually go to one game a year, and it's over 400 miles each way. My entire basement is decked out in Bills stuff and I have Bills stuff on my car. I have way too many ****ing posts on this message board. Do those sound like the actions of someone who wants the team to fail?

You are entitled to your opinion and if you disagree with me or other posters, by all means post why. That's what keeps this board going. But leave the accusations and the name-calling behind. Every time someone can't counter a negative comment about this team, they accuse the person who made the comment of "not being a real fan." It's Buffalo Bills McCarthyism and I'm ****ing sick of it.What you should be even more irritated about is being group with HH.

dplus47
08-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I see what you are saying OP, but I would rather risk the possibilty that I may be disappointed later, no matter how high the risk, instead of always being disappointed. At least I could get some enjoyment leading up to it. If they are a success, then that would just be icing on the cake!!

I like reading OP's posts because he's a good writer and he organizes his ideas well. However, I can see what you're saying here. I do like to be "realistic" about things, but at the same time, if I think the worst about something, and then the worst actually happens, the worst happens twice: once in my head and once in reality. Sometimes--especially in sports, IMO--it's best to just let the worst happen only once...

Hope that made even a little sense.

The differing opinions are great for discussion. I wish more people had thicker skin, because we could all learn from each other once hurt feelings stop dictating behavior.

Novacane
08-29-2009, 08:17 PM
What if the Bills get their butts kicked tonight? Are you gonna stay away this week and stop telling us all "It's only preseason" :rolleyes: Don't tell me I'm not a true fan because I can admit this team sucks.

jpdex12
08-29-2009, 08:56 PM
'if' is a big word!

Philagape
08-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Good call Juice!

Mr. Pink
08-29-2009, 09:04 PM
So Juice, now that you have to eat your crow can you say that it's ok for some of us to take a more realistic approach to this team?

Just because some of us think the team will suck doesn't mean we're less of a fan than you or the biggest homer on the board.

SABURZFAN
08-29-2009, 09:43 PM
:monkeyp: the title of this thread

they looked like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest tonight.

BertSquirtgum
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM
i love the bills but god damn they suck so bad.

Kenny
08-29-2009, 11:26 PM
"what if the bills kick butt tonight?"

:laughing:

HHURRICANE
08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I haven't seen the game yet but based on the threads it doesn't look like I'm getting 7 days off!!!

HAHAHAHAAHA!

Now as for wanting the Bills to suck can that be any more ridiculous. If I didn't want this team to win than I wouldn't be so passionate posting on this site.

I'd have no problem eating crow if the Bills made the playoffs. I'd prefer it.

HHURRICANE
08-30-2009, 10:09 AM
My Sunday is screwed now because I didn't get the day off!

raphael120
08-30-2009, 10:13 AM
**** this thread and **** jauron and the bills.

this looks ALOT like another 7-9 team. we can't even hold the pats JOCK!

i HATE the regular season not even starting and me realizing that this team is crap. i liked being a little tricked into believing but what the hell is going on. This is JP Losman level with Trent. And you can argue if he looks even WORSE. It's PATHETIC.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:56 AM
:roflmao:

i came back to this thread needing a good laugh.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:57 AM
"what if the bills kick butt tonight?"

:laughing:

my thoughts exactly.