PDA

View Full Version : Keith Ellison

gonzo1105
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
For as much crap as everyone gives this guy, he comes to play every week. He played his ass off tonight and was all over the field making tackles. The guy shouldn't losing his starting job as he has done this pretty much all preseason. If anyone should be losing their job at LB start looking at the other two guys who happen to be probably two of the most overrated bills players on the team.

The Juice Is Loose
08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree...He has played well. Better than Trent, that's for sure. So if Trent doesn't get benched why should he?

Oaf
08-29-2009, 11:04 PM
He's better against the run than most give him credit for, but he is a marginal starter by NFL standards.

See what I mean? (The one good defensive play of the night)

BTW, did you watch Mitchell "play"? See him get engulfed on the outside on the Grant sweep TD? This is the 2nd time in the preseason Mitchell's been one guy designated to stop the sweep, and despite his "physicality", he gets blown up and the RB struts easily into the endzone. We should be looking for TWO prospects in the very strong OLB class of next year.

Ellison doesn't seem the weakest link anymore and if Fewell somehow survives the axe this season, he's the better fit anyways (or Harris). <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

Are you kidding? If anything, Harris should replace Mitchell- Ellison made the only good play for the entire starting defensive unit. And Bell? People are delusional after Peters success. While Walker hasn't gotten much push in the run game, he hasn't been beaten cleanly like Bell has the last two weeks in pass protection several times. Bell is clearly not ready, a closer look at the NFLN replay will reveal that.

That's what I've been SAYING.

yordad
08-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Ellison has been making plays all preseason? You mean 1 the first three games?

I think he had the bast game he ever had. Too bad his body of work is completely horrible still. I think Harris has out played him overall, and I think Harris could replace Mitchell in the nickel to pair with Poz.

But I will say, Ellison surprised me today.

mysticsoto
08-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Ellison looked decent, but where has he been the last couple of years? I'm not ready to forget all that he's not done just b'cse he had 1 good preseason game. I'm still pulling for Harris to take his spot and hope he does.

thenry20
08-30-2009, 04:41 AM
No thx. He gets run over on running plays.

colin
08-30-2009, 08:21 AM
i think harris is a starter at some point this season. could be poz ellison and harris. some strong coverage skills and if ellison keeps his improvement up and we have our pass rush going it could be good.

Oaf
08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
I keep saying, this is not about Ellison > or < Harris. This is about in 2009, you look at the performances so far and you'll see that Ellison >> MITCHELL.

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm not particularly keen on Ellison or Mitchell.

Mitchell comes up with HUGE plays every couple of games. In the meantime, he's very average and sometimes he's a downright liability. Many overlook it because they remember the highlight-reel sacks and INT's but forget about the times he got swallowed up for a 12 yard run or allowed a first down completion in front of him on 3rd and 15.

Ellison is just a non-factor. He never makes plays in the running game. He does a pretty good job of taking up space and covering his area in the C2 but rarely makes tackles and never makes plays on the ball. Granted, I haven't seen the Pittsburgh game yet, but as several people pointed out, I'm not willing to forget 2 years of mediocrity after one good preseason game.

I'd be happy to see Harris replace either one of them.

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 03:00 PM
hes a great backup.

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 03:01 PM
hes a great backup.

That probably applies to at least 7 or 8 of the Bills' starters.

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
That probably applies to at least 7 or 8 of the Bills' starters.

sad but true.

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
sad but true.

come to think of it, it makes perfect sense. The Bills do like to let starters walk or cut/trade guys with big salaries, then replace them with their back ups.

One of the few things I can give this FO credit for is unloading guys who aren't performing up to their contracts. However, they're absolutely terrible at finding replacements who are equal or better. They usually just bump whoever's left up one position on the depth chart.

Nighthawk
08-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Tell me when Ellison makes a play in the regular season...it would be the first one! People are trying sooooo hard to find something positive that there are actually people who believe this guy can finally play! Now that is funny stuff.

Marvelous
08-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I recently posted in support of Ellison. I was basing that on his play & effort ove r the last season.

--It's become a trend that fans want to pimp up the rookie prospect instead of the guy who once was the prospect of 3 years ago..
---Verdict- Upside w/ pro bowl superstardom is sought out/worth the gamble of utter failure! (Lankster/Harris) There's just as much chance both bust out as them making it to hype level. In fact odds are waay against.

yordad
08-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Tell me when Ellison makes a play in the regular season...it would be the first one! People are trying sooooo hard to find something positive that there are actually people who believe this guy can finally play! Now that is funny stuff.It would not be his first..... He run a fack punt for a fist down last year. Does that count? :snicker:

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
He run a fack punt for a fist down last year.

what? Is that English?

Mad Bomber
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Ellison played probably the best game I've seen him play. Let's hope he can translate that into the regular season.

Can I hear an AMEN??????

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Ellison played probably the best game I've seen him play. Let's hope he can translate that into the regular season.

Can I hear an AMEN??????

yes, it would be a pleasant surprise if Keith Ellison finally woke the **** up and started playing like a starter instead of a back up.

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 07:45 PM

Can I hear an AMEN??????

AMEN!!!!!!

yordad
08-30-2009, 11:02 PM
what? Is that English?It was a Brooklyn Accent, but ya.

Crisis
08-30-2009, 11:06 PM
come to think of it, it makes perfect sense. The Bills do like to let starters walk or cut/trade guys with big salaries, then replace them with their back ups.

One of the few things I can give this FO credit for is unloading guys who aren't performing up to their contracts. However, they're absolutely terrible at finding replacements who are equal or better. They usually just bump whoever's left up one position on the depth chart.

SUP GUYS?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09c02Itddd2NJ/340x.jpg

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 11:06 PM
SUP GUYS?

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! hahahahaha good stuff.

Crisis
08-30-2009, 11:07 PM
SUP GUYS?

NM JUS CHILLIN

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dick-jauron-buffalo-bills_nc.jpg

Crisis
08-30-2009, 11:07 PM
NM JUS CHILLIN

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dick-jauron-buffalo-bills_nc.jpg

LOL I STILL HAVE A JOB

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2007/06/aaron-schobel-no-shows-again.jpg

Crisis
08-30-2009, 11:11 PM
LOL I STILL HAVE A JOB

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2007/06/aaron-schobel-no-shows-again.jpg

...****

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/09/10/1157917957_6605.jpg

Oaf
08-31-2009, 12:10 AM
lol

YoungEz
08-31-2009, 12:40 AM
I think Poz is most over rated player he is no where near the god like status majority of bills fans give him. The way he is hyped up I expect to see Ray Lewis in his prime playing.

Buggs looked good against the steelers, not saying he is starting over Poz yet by any means though