• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Aaron Maybin

great first game after a week of practice. glad to see him out there. hes fast off the edge
    I am The Batman.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Aaron Maybin

It was by far the best part of this game.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

he did look fast off the edge. The only problem is the dt need to get a push so the Qb doesn't have all that real estate to step up

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Like I've said before, his sack wasn't due to his overpowering athleticism or talent. But it was a well-disciplined play.

Most of our DE's (especially the speed rushers) would have simply ran upfield and ended up ten yards past the QB. Maybin actually tried to spin and hold his edge so Ben didn't have a running lane to get the first down through. It wasn't great, as Maybin didn't disrupt the pocket, but it showed an excellent motor (something I'm SURE the coaches saw and loved in Maybin), and some discipline.

There was that stupid play later in the game, though, where Maybin got double-teamed and ran inside, allowing Roethlisberger to get to the outside and toss that little pass over a LB's head for 15+ yards, unfortunately.

But imo, not bad for a week of practice.

Out of curiosity, I'd love to see how OpIv feels about Maybin now having more sacks than his boy Orakpo (and in 1 game compared to 3 for Orakpo).
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Well, stupid computer posted my post twice. So I'll add another thought.

I'm really bummed, though, that the other two young DE's didn't stand out tonight. In fact, I nearly spit out my water when I saw Copeland Bryan whiff on a senior citizen QB in Charlie Batch. You have to wonder if that horrible play right there may have cost Bryan a roster spot. I was really hoping he'd step up in a big way these last two games.
          Last edited by psubills62; 08-30-2009, 12:34 AM.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Maybin wouldn't let Starks get his hands on him on that sack. That was great to see. I wish that stupid holdout hadn't happened, because he'd be even further along now.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
              • Feb 2009

Maybin played a phenomenal game... might be a bit to early, but i think we may have picked a winner
              "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

dude is IP -- instant pass rush.

if schoble is healthy he and maybin will combine to make our pass rush like 2x as productive as last year. that is what this team needs (that and TO catching over a dozen TD passes!)

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

He's no Orakpo
                  Last edited by Buffalogic; 08-30-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Being out of market, I couldn't watch the game yesterday and I'll have to catch it when it comes on NFLN at 1 pm today. The ONLY reason I'm subjecting myself to this travesty is to see how Maybin did.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Being out of market, I couldn't watch the game yesterday and I'll have to catch it when it comes on NFLN at 1 pm today. The ONLY reason I'm subjecting myself to this travesty is to see how Maybin did.
                      He played well, especially considering he only had a week of practice.

It is only one game and it is a pre-season game at that, but he was a definite bright spot and even did some damage against the Pittsburgh first string.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Its only one game, but it was impressive for a rookie running on 5 practices total. I liked what I saw. Go Bills!
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                          • Feb 2009

Watch how many times Starks holds him. I remember 1 play in which Maybin got up the field, Big Ben stepped up and Starks horsecollared him. NO Flag. The pass was completed for a nice gain down to the 15 yard line or so. Maybin showed very good speed all night.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm actually trying to figure out why I am going to watch the game.

It must be because I hate the Bills.

OP, the only positive is that this is the first time since I've been here that people are dealing with reality in the pre-season instead of week #8.

Maybe the fan revolt will make it to OBD and some serious changes will be made.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Maybin is very fast. Chris Brown wasnt lying about that first step. Starks almost HAD to hold him every down he was in because he would beat him out of his stance.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X