Unfortunetly Most of you are comming around...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Unfortunetly Most of you are comming around...

During the off season some of us here on this board were very disappointed in the Bills off season moves. Op, HH and myself talked about the O-line, D-line, QB and drafts, as concerns while the majority of the board looked at the up coming season with a dose of uptimism and hope.

Unfortunently, we were right... So far we know that the Bill's O-line is bad, they will be worse then they were last year. Our D-line is not that much better, Maybin may get a few sacks this year, maybe 5ish if he has a very good year, however overall our line will still get pushed around by better O-lines, and give the opposing QB all day to throw.

Meanwhile, our QB seems to have regressed. I actually liked Edwards very much. He has the unique ability to be able to make quick reads, get the ball out and be very accurate.
    However, something in his psyche has changed. He seems to me to be developing some bad habits. He stares WR down, gets panicy, and forces things. When his confidence gets shaken, he even has a hard time completing the easy passes (eg Cleavland game).
    Unfortuntly, we do not have the coaching, or the players to help him get over his humps and bumps along the way, thus the regression. Given the curcumstances, I do not think he will make it the whole year without getting injured. Most likely he will get popped again like last year ( Cards game and partial reason for his drop in performance) and we will lead by a backup.
    In any case, I see that many of you are coming around to the reality. You now realize that we had the same issues as last year, and they may even be bigger. Our o-line, d-line, and QB are second rate, and we are not a contender, we are not even a pretender. Thus I predicted 4-12, whats your prediction?
    Please Make Sense
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Unfortunetly Most of you are comming around...

Would you like a trophy?

I'll never understand why people on the internet feel like they have to remind everyone when they were right.

I can tell you now, when people disagreed with you 4 months ago, it wasn't that they thought you were wrong, it was that they HOPED you were wrong!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Pride
      Would you like a trophy?

I'll never understand why people on the internet feel like they have to remind everyone when they were right.

I can tell you now, when people disagreed with you 4 months ago, it wasn't that they thought you were wrong, it was that they HOPED you were wrong!
      Exactly right. We all know, in depth, about every single problem the Bills have. Those of us who are optimistic are not stupid. We simply try to find reasons why we might be able to overcome some of our shortcomings, and put a more positive spin on things.

And since the season hasn't started yet, I'm still not completely giving up.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        Exactly right. We all know, in depth, about every single problem the Bills have. Those of us who are optimistic are not stupid. We simply try to find reasons why we might be able to overcome some of our shortcomings, and put a more positive spin on things.

And since the season hasn't started yet, I'm still not completely giving up.
        How do you feel after last night guys?

Seriously.

I felt they were worthy of 7-9 again, given the difficulty of the schedule, but now I'm starting to think that I was a 'homer'.

This team confounds me to no end.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Historian

Seriously.

I felt they were worthy of 7-9 again, given the difficulty of the schedule, but now I'm starting to think that I was a 'homer'.

I'm disappointed and frustrated, as I have been for much of my 50 years of being a Bills' fan. But what am I supposed to do, become a Pats' fan?

I'm certainly not as optimistic as I was earlier in the year, but I'm not going to spend all my time on here pointing out their obvious faults, either. That's too easy. Besides, I cannot do one thing to turn the team around.

I am a "homer." So I'll root for my team, even though they stink and they piss me off to no end. I'll hope for the best, and enjoy whatever wins we get.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• billsfanone
            Majored in Home Economics
            • Sep 2008

3-13 at best.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

Seriously.

I feel as our offense was missing our best player.

And our defense was missing our pro bowl DE.

Comment

• Historian
                • Dec 2002

I'm certainly not as optimistic as I was earlier in the year, but I'm not going to spend all my time on here pointing out their obvious faults, either. That's too easy. Besides, I cannot do one thing to turn the team around.
                I just find it ironic that what is said on these boards, eventually ends up in the local media, and eventually ends up being true.

For example, most think DJ must go. That's been said here for at least a year. Now the Buffalo media is catching on. Eventually the Bills will too, and he will be dismissed. Just like Mularkey, Just like Williams, Bullough, Stevenson, Ringo, etc, etc...

It's football, not neurosurgery, ya know?

The problem I have, is that in the meantime, another couple of seasons have gone down the tubes.

For me, it's gotten old.

Comment

• Historian
                  • Dec 2002

And I'm not calling you out Jan, believe me. I actually admire your threshold for pain. (I think I reached mine midway through 2007)

I'm just wondering where the disconnect at 1BD lies....whether it's Mr Wilson, or Littman...or the other varying levels of synchophats.

I honestly do not know.

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

Sam Bradford will look good in blue and red

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

And I'm not calling you out Jan, believe me. I actually admire your threshold for pain. (I think I reached mine midway through 2007)

I'm just wondering where the disconnect at 1BD lies....whether it's Mr Wilson, or Littman...or the other varying levels of synchophats.

I honestly do not know.

The problem is Polian is no longer employed. That is the reason for this ridiculous excuse of a front office who make every stupid decision humanly possible. WTF were they thinking putting Walker at LT??????????

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

I'm disappointed and frustrated, as I have been for much of my 50 years of being a Bills' fan. But what am I supposed to do, become a Pats' fan?

I am a "homer." So I'll root for my team, even though they stink and they piss me off to no end. I'll hope for the best, and enjoy whatever wins we get.

let us know when you get up in New York. we can sit in your bar, get drunk, and ***** about the last 10 years.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

I admit, that I was one that was clouded w/ optimism, and not realism. I was very, very foolish to think we'd get 10 wins, and be a competitve football team this year. My prediction now is 3 or 4 wins, at best. Thats how bad this team looks.
                          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I do not want to prove I'm right. I get paid to be right at work so I'd rather be wrong about a team I look forward to watching every year.

What pisses me off is when I get trashed for calling out the front office for the off-season moves because you guys don't want to deal the reality of the situation.

The o-line mis-management alone should get Brandon fired. Period.

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

Some of you asked, What are we suppose to do?

In reality, there is nothing you Can do. That is because, this is Not Your Team, it is Ralph Wilson's team.

As fans the best we can do is to truly evaluate a situation and call for change when it stinks. Pretending that everything might be alright only allows the situation to continue.

As fans if we let them know that we will not be fooled, and that we will not put on the rose colored glasses, of we demanded change things will come to a head. This is the only possibility and it has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism, it is all about reality.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X