• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Calling out the QB Critics!!!!!!!!

the personnel has changed but the results are the same. the people who were diehard supporters of JP Losman to play through his struggles are now singing a different tune with Edwards in there. why is that? let's break a few things down.

there's a couple threads calling for Edwards' head and starting Fitz- ok.... what did we hear a couple of years ago? oh yeah.... "Losman getting yanked stunted his growth and messed up his head..... yada yada yada....." ok... why are you not saying the same for Edwards? he's been looking as bad nowadays as Losman had looked a couple of years ago.

"it's the coaches.... the playcalling, yada yada yada...." HELLO!!!!!!!! we still have the same coaches and not one of you are using that "excuse" like you did when Losman was stinking it up like Edwards is doing today.

"it's the OL.... they're not that good..... that's why Losman is struggling... excuse... excuse... yada yada yada....." guess what boys? the OL isn't any better than it was a couple of years ago. we see two rookies at G, a RT tackle getting pushed into Edwards on passes and a bloated LT who has no business being there. where are your excuses for Edwards like you had for Losman?

i could go on and on but i think i made my point with a couple of examples. let's hear it. WHY don't you show the same support for Edwards like you did with Losman?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Calling out the QB Critics!!!!!!!!

I don't believe in either guy at this point.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

** crickets chirping **

where are the Lickers at now? let's hear it boys and girls.

here's another excuse made.... "JP has only had so many starts.... yada yada yada..." ok... Edwards has had how many starts? shouldn't we give him more starts to see if he can pull out of this?

don't all of you speak at once.
      Last edited by SABURZFAN; 08-30-2009, 10:19 AM.
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2009

trent showed it last night. there were times where all the excuses that our qb's have had didn't happen. he had some protection. he had some good receivers open, and he just whiffed. that missed screen to reed is the worst pass i've ever seen.

i have never, never, in the 6-7 years teams have really been running that play, i've never seen a qb miss like that. he's on tilt. its like he's playing poker with emotion.

trent looks lost, scared, frail and weak. its embarrassing. we're going to be the laughing stock of the league.

jp, all his people were making excuses for him. the bottom line was, he sucked.

and the bottom line with trent is, he sucks.

this team deserves a real quarterback. why not get one that accomplished something in college so winning/completing passes/playing in games isn't new to them when they get here.

but knowing the bills, we'll draft a WR in the 4th next year and make him our QB.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2009

we are going to have a 3rd bills qb playing in the ufl before too long.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
            trent showed it last night. there were times where all the excuses that our qb's have had didn't happen. he had some protection. he had some good receivers open, and he just whiffed. that missed screen to reed is the worst pass i've ever seen.

i have never, never, in the 6-7 years teams have really been running that play, i've never seen a qb miss like that. he's on tilt. its like he's playing poker with emotion.

trent looks lost, scared, frail and weak. its embarrassing. we're going to be the laughing stock of the league.

this team deserves a real quarterback. why not get one that accomplished something in college so winning/completing passes/playing in games isn't new to them when they get here.

but knowing the bills, we'll draft a WR in the 4th next year and make him our QB.

when is your Join Date? February 2009??? you weren't even around to see what point i'm getting at. go play in the traffic or something.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

Welcome back. And I'm not being sarcastic. Your quitting lasted about as long as mine usually does.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

DRAZ!!!!!!!!!!!! i see you lurking in this thread. come with it.

Comment

• gil
                  • Mar 2005

The problem here is that you are making what is called a "straw man" argument - why don't you just call out the people you are angry with instead of this passive aggressive stuff? I know you took a lot of crap for, as it turns out, being right about JP, so I understand where you're coming from.

As to the substance of your post, I think people were so enamored with JP's physical tools - arm strength and mobility and his status as a 1st round pick, that people were more willing to give him a chance to develop. For me, I was hopeful but not optimistic about him.

The thing with Trent, at least for me, is that he has been touted as this "cerebral" QB from almost day one - and that was the biggest knock on Losman, that he didn't "get it" that he wasn't smart enough to read defenses. Now that it appears to not be the case that Trent is that savvy, then what else is left of him to be enamored with?

He doesn't have above average arm strength, he's not very mobile - his biggest asset was supposed to be intelligence and decision making and we're not seeing much of that. So, maybe that explains the discrepancy in reactions?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

this isn't about JP. This is about one qb throwing the ball the the other refusing to throw the ball. Jp is long gone. Get over it.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Welcome back. And I'm not being sarcastic. Your quitting lasted about as long as mine usually does.

an even better reason why Juice has nothing to say in this thread. GET LOST QUITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• gil
                        • Mar 2005

Juice!! I thought you were done!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          this isn't about JP. This is about one qb throwing the ball the the other refusing to throw the ball. Jp is long gone. Get over it.

yes... JP is gone but the comparisons are there with Edwards. i want to know why you don't give Edwards ANOTHER chance and make excuses for him, the way you and your fellow Lickers did with Losman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I'm not sure what is being asked here but I'm not ready to throw Edwards under the bus and here's why:

1) He has a winning record as QB here, something Losman never had.

2) The o-line is ****ing horrible, maybe worst in the league. I watched Peyton Manning, PEYTON MANNING, struggle with injuries on his o-line.

3) Owens is not on the field.

4) It is pre-season so let's not kid ourselves. We weren't really preparing to play the Steelers.

5) I've met Losman a bunch of times now. Great guy but.............

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              yes... JP is gone but the comparisons are there with Edwards. i want to know why you don't give Edwards ANOTHER chance and make excuses for him, the way you and your fellow Lickers did with Losman.

I don't have a problem with Trent getting a chance but he has to at least throw the ball. FITZ's first throw went for 17 yards. Trent had 31 yards all night.

Lee's buiggest problem with Trent was he doesn't trust his wr's to make a play. Even Trent stated all these years that he needs to trust his wrs and he's not doing it.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X