PDA

View Full Version : Calling out the QB Critics!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 06:00 AM
the personnel has changed but the results are the same. the people who were diehard supporters of JP Losman to play through his struggles are now singing a different tune with Edwards in there. why is that? let's break a few things down.

there's a couple threads calling for Edwards' head and starting Fitz- ok.... what did we hear a couple of years ago? oh yeah.... "Losman getting yanked stunted his growth and messed up his head..... yada yada yada....." ok... why are you not saying the same for Edwards? he's been looking as bad nowadays as Losman had looked a couple of years ago.

"it's the coaches.... the playcalling, yada yada yada...." HELLO!!!!!!!! we still have the same coaches and not one of you are using that "excuse" like you did when Losman was stinking it up like Edwards is doing today.

"it's the OL.... they're not that good..... that's why Losman is struggling... excuse... excuse... yada yada yada....." guess what boys? the OL isn't any better than it was a couple of years ago. we see two rookies at G, a RT tackle getting pushed into Edwards on passes and a bloated LT who has no business being there. where are your excuses for Edwards like you had for Losman?

i could go on and on but i think i made my point with a couple of examples. let's hear it. WHY don't you show the same support for Edwards like you did with Losman?

casdhf
08-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I don't believe in either guy at this point.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:18 AM
** crickets chirping **

where are the Lickers at now? let's hear it boys and girls.

here's another excuse made.... "JP has only had so many starts.... yada yada yada..." ok... Edwards has had how many starts? shouldn't we give him more starts to see if he can pull out of this?

don't all of you speak at once. :movie:

The Juice Is Loose
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
trent showed it last night. there were times where all the excuses that our qb's have had didn't happen. he had some protection. he had some good receivers open, and he just whiffed. that missed screen to reed is the worst pass i've ever seen.

i have never, never, in the 6-7 years teams have really been running that play, i've never seen a qb miss like that. he's on tilt. its like he's playing poker with emotion.

trent looks lost, scared, frail and weak. its embarrassing. we're going to be the laughing stock of the league.

jp, all his people were making excuses for him. the bottom line was, he sucked.

and the bottom line with trent is, he sucks.

this team deserves a real quarterback. why not get one that accomplished something in college so winning/completing passes/playing in games isn't new to them when they get here.

but knowing the bills, we'll draft a WR in the 4th next year and make him our QB.

The Juice Is Loose
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM
we are going to have a 3rd bills qb playing in the ufl before too long.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:25 AM
trent showed it last night. there were times where all the excuses that our qb's have had didn't happen. he had some protection. he had some good receivers open, and he just whiffed. that missed screen to reed is the worst pass i've ever seen.

i have never, never, in the 6-7 years teams have really been running that play, i've never seen a qb miss like that. he's on tilt. its like he's playing poker with emotion.

trent looks lost, scared, frail and weak. its embarrassing. we're going to be the laughing stock of the league.

this team deserves a real quarterback. why not get one that accomplished something in college so winning/completing passes/playing in games isn't new to them when they get here.

but knowing the bills, we'll draft a WR in the 4th next year and make him our QB.

when is your Join Date? February 2009??? you weren't even around to see what point i'm getting at. go play in the traffic or something.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
08-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Welcome back. And I'm not being sarcastic. Your quitting lasted about as long as mine usually does.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:26 AM
DRAZ!!!!!!!!!!!! i see you lurking in this thread. come with it.

:movie:

gil
08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
The problem here is that you are making what is called a "straw man" argument - why don't you just call out the people you are angry with instead of this passive aggressive stuff? I know you took a lot of crap for, as it turns out, being right about JP, so I understand where you're coming from.

As to the substance of your post, I think people were so enamored with JP's physical tools - arm strength and mobility and his status as a 1st round pick, that people were more willing to give him a chance to develop. For me, I was hopeful but not optimistic about him.

The thing with Trent, at least for me, is that he has been touted as this "cerebral" QB from almost day one - and that was the biggest knock on Losman, that he didn't "get it" that he wasn't smart enough to read defenses. Now that it appears to not be the case that Trent is that savvy, then what else is left of him to be enamored with?

He doesn't have above average arm strength, he's not very mobile - his biggest asset was supposed to be intelligence and decision making and we're not seeing much of that. So, maybe that explains the discrepancy in reactions?

SABURZFAN
Welcome back. And I'm not being sarcastic. Your quitting lasted about as long as mine usually does.

an even better reason why Juice has nothing to say in this thread. GET LOST QUITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
this isn't about JP. This is about one qb throwing the ball the the other refusing to throw the ball. Jp is long gone. Get over it.

gil
Juice!! I thought you were done!

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:31 AM
this isn't about JP. This is about one qb throwing the ball the the other refusing to throw the ball. Jp is long gone. Get over it.

yes... JP is gone but the comparisons are there with Edwards. i want to know why you don't give Edwards ANOTHER chance and make excuses for him, the way you and your fellow Lickers did with Losman. :movie:

HHURRICANE
08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure what is being asked here but I'm not ready to throw Edwards under the bus and here's why:

1) He has a winning record as QB here, something Losman never had.

2) The o-line is ****ing horrible, maybe worst in the league. I watched Peyton Manning, PEYTON MANNING, struggle with injuries on his o-line.

3) Owens is not on the field.

4) It is pre-season so let's not kid ourselves. We weren't really preparing to play the Steelers.

5) I've met Losman a bunch of times now. Great guy but.............

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 10:38 AM
yes... JP is gone but the comparisons are there with Edwards. i want to know why you don't give Edwards ANOTHER chance and make excuses for him, the way you and your fellow Lickers did with Losman. :movie:

I don't have a problem with Trent getting a chance but he has to at least throw the ball. FITZ's first throw went for 17 yards. Trent had 31 yards all night.

Lee's buiggest problem with Trent was he doesn't trust his wr's to make a play. Even Trent stated all these years that he needs to trust his wrs and he's not doing it.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:42 AM
The problem here is that you are making what is called a "straw man" argument - why don't you just call out the people you are angry with instead of this passive aggressive stuff? I know you took a lot of crap for, as it turns out, being right about JP, so I understand where you're coming from.

As to the substance of your post, I think people were so enamored with JP's physical tools - arm strength and mobility and his status as a 1st round pick, that people were more willing to give him a chance to develop. For me, I was hopeful but not optimistic about him.

The thing with Trent, at least for me, is that he has been touted as this "cerebral" QB from almost day one - and that was the biggest knock on Losman, that he didn't "get it" that he wasn't smart enough to read defenses. Now that it appears to not be the case that Trent is that savvy, then what else is left of him to be enamored with?

He doesn't have above average arm strength, he's not very mobile - his biggest asset was supposed to be intelligence and decision making and we're not seeing much of that. So, maybe that explains the discrepancy in reactions?

i am calling out the individuals with this thread. they know who they are. i want to know why these people can't show the optimistic passion for Edwards like they did with Losman. i'm not here to defend Edwards because his play has sucked balls. but it doesn't mean that i'm giving up on him either. yeah... Edwards doesn't have the gun Losman had but physical tools aren't everything. i don't know if Edwards and the coaches are on the same page or not. i don't understand how Edwards' play has looked liked the play of a snot-nosed rookie. the last thing this team needs is another episode of musical QB's. that's the thing that has hurt this team most for the last 4 years.

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 10:45 AM
i am calling out the individuals with this thread. they know who they are. i want to know why these people can't show the optimistic passion for Edwards like they did with Losman. i'm not here to defend Edwards because his play has sucked balls. but it doesn't mean that i'm giving up on him either. yeah... Edwards doesn't have the gun Losman had but physical tools aren't everything. i don't know if Edwards and the coaches are on the same page or not. i don't understand how Edwards' play has looked liked the play of a snot-nosed rookie. the last thing this team needs is another episode of musical QB's. that's the thing that has hurt this team most for the last 4 years.
you're still stuck with the JP vs. Trent situation. Let it go. Concentrate on the team now. You yourself said Trent sucked balls. It's about the team now . Stop living in the past

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't have a problem with Trent getting a chance but he has to at least throw the ball. FITZ's first throw went for 17 yards. Trent had 31 yards all night.

Lee's buiggest problem with Trent was he doesn't trust his wr's to make a play. Even Trent stated all these years that he needs to trust his wrs and he's not doing it.

so based on one play and one players opinion, you're calling for Fitz. here we go with the tail chasing again. :rolleyes:

Meathead
08-30-2009, 10:46 AM
jp edwards cant possibly be as bad as trent losman

gil
08-30-2009, 10:47 AM

Yeah, I agree he needs to be the man this year - let's hope they're just playing rope-a-dope with everyone in the pre-season (not optimistic of that)

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 10:48 AM
so based on one play and one players opinion, you're calling for Fitz. here we go with the tail chasing again. :rolleyes:

it's wasn't just about one play. It's about one qb willing to throw for more than 10 yards and the other dinking and dunking . The very same thing both Kelly and Thurm talked about when assessing the teams dinking and dunking. Why don't you go argue with those 2.

Oh and just so you know. I still blame the coaches for Trent looking like a scared pup. They aren't coaching him well enough to have balls to throw the ball. but since Trent is such a smart qb. he should figure it out that he needs to grow a pair which is why i am being hard on him.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:49 AM
you're still stuck with the JP vs. Trent situation. Let it go. Concentrate on the team now. You yourself said Trent sucked balls. It's about the team now . Stop living in the past

but the comparisons are there. that's why i bring it up. before you know it, we're going to all be *****ing about the QB issue, this year, like we've been doing the last 4 years. oh wait... it's to late. some people are already calling for Fitz.

Meathead
08-30-2009, 10:49 AM
but since we have a steady veteran in kelly fitzpatrick i say we give him a chance to be the next ryan holcomb

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:50 AM
it's wasn't just about one play. It's about one qb willing to throw for more than 10 yards and the other dinking and dunking . The very same thing both Kelly and Thurm talked about when assessing the teams dinking and dunking. Why don't you go argue with those 2.

Oh and just so you know. I still blame the coaches for Trent looking like a scared pup. They aren't coaching him well enough to have balls to throw the ball. but since Trent is such a smart qb. he should figure it out that he needs to grow a pair which is why i am being hard on him.

and the chase begins........

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:52 AM
but since we have a steady veteran in kelly fitzpatrick i say we give him a chance to be the next ryan holcomb

very interesting, Meathead. i think i see where you're coming from. i have to think about this now. :up:

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
but the comparisons are there. that's why i bring it up. before you know it, we're going to all be *****ing about the QB issue, this year, like we've been doing the last 4 years. oh wait... it's to late. some people are already calling for Fitz.

Something needs to be done for Trent to throw the ball. Maybe making Fitz takes snaps with the first team at practice will send him a message since anointing him as the starter isn't working. If this continues, he'll piss off both TO and Lee .

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
jp edwards cant possibly be as bad as trent losman

another idea i have to think about. you might be onto something.

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 10:55 AM
and the chase begins........
you're the one who started a thread bringing up the past.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Something needs to be done for Trent to throw the ball. Maybe making Fitz takes snaps with the first team at practice will send him a message since anointing him as the starter isn't working. If this continues, he'll piss off both TO and Lee .

you could be right. i'll have to think about that as well. but in the meantime, this board will end up the same way it has for the last 3 years. that was a tiring 3 years for posting on here. we're getting too old for that ****.

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
you could be right. i'll have to think about that as well. but in the meantime, this board will end up the same way it has for the last 3 years. that was a tiring 3 years for posting on here. we're getting too old for that ****.
I am not the one going around either calling for Vick.

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Cuz Losman was California smooth, and Trent is California suck.

Just kidding. I like Trent, hes just not working out like I thought he would. Oh well. hes got 16 games to prove me wrong. :D

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:00 AM
you're the one who started a thread bringing up the past.

that's because some people have changed their stances with Edwards, unlike they did with Losman. that's why i'm bringing up the excuses from yesteryears. it goes against EVERYTHING they said in the past.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Cuz Losman was California smooth, and Trent is California suck.

Just kidding. I like Trent, hes just not working out like I thought he would. Oh well. hes got 16 games to prove me wrong. :D

:rofl:

i love the humor in that post. that's a pos rep. :up:

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 11:03 AM
that's because some people have changed their stances with Edwards, unlike they did with Losman. that's why i'm bringing up the excuses from yesteryears. it goes against EVERYTHING they said in the past.

In the past I was all for camp competition. I wasn't this time. I changed my stance this time. Maybe I should call for it again?

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I am not the one going around either calling for Vick.

neither did i. that was another can of worms though.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:05 AM
In the past I was all for camp competition. I wasn't this time. I changed my stance this time. Maybe I should call for it again?

i don't know. the faces at QB have changed but the coaching hasn't. could that be where the problem lies? :idunno:

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure what is being asked here but I'm not ready to throw Edwards under the bus and here's why:

1) He has a winning record as QB here, something Losman never had.

2) The o-line is ****ing horrible, maybe worst in the league. I watched Peyton Manning, PEYTON MANNING, struggle with injuries on his o-line.

3) Owens is not on the field.

4) It is pre-season so let's not kid ourselves. We weren't really preparing to play the Steelers.

5) I've met Losman a bunch of times now. Great guy but.............

1. ok

2. that could be said about ANY QB though.

3. do you think that'll make a difference?

4. the preseason excuse can only go so far. we should be prepared no matter if it's preseason or regular season.

5. did you get his autograph?

justasportsfan
08-30-2009, 11:09 AM
i don't know. the faces at QB have changed but the coaching hasn't. could that be where the problem lies? :idunno:
to a degree yes. But even the coach who's offensively stupid called out Trent and said he needs to pull the trigger . Yesterday he didn't again and then Fitz comes in and pulls the trigger. I know Trent is smart but he seems to lack confidence in himself. I'm not sure if thats a coaching problem when the other qb doesn't have a problem throwing the ball.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:22 AM
to a degree yes. But even the coach who's offensively stupid called out Trent and said he needs to pull the trigger . Yesterday he didn't again and then Fitz comes in and pulls the trigger. I know Trent is smart but he seems to lack confidence in himself. I'm not sure if thats a coaching problem when the other qb doesn't have a problem throwing the ball.

unlike Edwards, Fitz doesn't have anything to lose. so naturally, he's going to go balls out. as for the coaching, i'm just wondering if they're part of the reason for Edwards' lack of confidence in himself. i think the concussion excuse is a bunch of crap because i've seen it posted. we all know that has nothing to do with THIS YEARS struggles.

i know this is only preseason but after last nights game, i was highly irritated with EVERYTHING. Edwards' play, the playcalling, the defense, etc.... if this is a sign what the season is going to be, we're ALL going to be irritated for the whole year. the way i see it, we're going to go through ANOTHER season where we fail to make the playoffs. it doesn't matter who is starting at QB.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:26 AM
DRAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

where you at????????? you were another one highly critical. don't run off and hide at bb.com. get out from behind Chris Brown's skirt.

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
:rofl:

i love the humor in that post. that's a pos rep. :up:

:D

Ingtar33
08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
wait a minute. is this thread... forgive me if im reading it wrong... but a bunch of JP fans angry that trent fans aren't making up stupid excuses for him (like they did for JP), therefore are trolling for those excuses now?

either way... it's sad that my comment about trent before last season still applies (that he needs to start to anticipate open WRs and throwing before they're open, rather then waiting for them to get open then throw it).

he hasn't progressed.

Philagape
08-30-2009, 12:20 PM
wait a minute. is this thread... forgive me if im reading it wrong... but a bunch of JP fans angry that trent fans aren't making up stupid excuses for him (like they did for JP), therefore are trolling for those excuses now?

Maybe, but also Bills fans wondering why JP hypocrites aren't willing to give Trent the chance they gave JP? Some of Trent's bashers -- not that he doesn't deserve bashing right now -- wanted to give JPUFL four-plus years despite all the turds he crapped.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:07 PM

either way... it's sad that my comment about trent before last season still applies (that he needs to start to anticipate open WRs and throwing before they're open, rather then waiting for them to get open then throw it).

he hasn't progressed.

i started this thread because a couple of posters are calling for Fitzpatrick. they are the same people who whined about JP getting the shaft by the coaching staff. they are the same people who used the excuses that i quoted. now they totally go against their arguments they had for Losman and want to quickly show Edwards the bench. i want to know why. granted, i'm not happy with Edwards' play but do we quickly disregard Edwards and go with somebody who is nothing more than an NFL journeyman? i don't see anything that he's done that has impressed me enough to think we go with him. we've put up with enough years of the QB carousel circus. it hasn't gotten this team anywhere. the only thing it has done is divide the team and divide its fans.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Maybe, but also Bills fans wondering why JP hypocrites aren't willing to give Trent the chance they gave JP? Some of Trent's bashers -- not that he doesn't deserve bashing right now -- wanted to give JPUFL four-plus years despite all the turds he crapped.

:bf1:

jamze132
08-31-2009, 04:17 AM
I'm surprised no one has called for Hamdan to get some action... The guy has looked absolutely awful thus far!

TacklingDummy
08-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Losman was entertaining.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2009, 08:29 AM
SAB... You're always looking for an argument... I'm just not gonna get into it. That's something I learned from the JP vs Trent "debates".

Therefore... If you think no excuses are needed for Trent... Then we agree on something. If you think Trent needs excuses, I guess you'll just have to come up with them yourself. I can't give you anything else.

PS... I would have been PWI last night. No way I was typing anything. If I was lurking it was because I was parked here while my wife played Farmland on another tab.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 08:34 AM
(that he needs to start to anticipate open WRs and throwing before they're open, rather then waiting for them to get open then throw it).

he hasn't progressed.

Even Rob Johnson threw the ball from time to time to his wrs in stride.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 08:36 AM
1. ok

2. that could be said about ANY QB though. Not ttrue.

3. do you think that'll make a difference? Yes.

4. the preseason excuse can only go so far. we should be prepared no matter if it's preseason or regular season. Yes but we were making subs on every play

5. did you get his autograph?No, it wouldn't look good next to my Kelly, Favre and Montana balls.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM

Lol. LIke the Trent fans were calling for Trent to come in and push JP?

If you thought that the O was better with Trent than JP then fine. Well the O was better with Fitz, so why aren't you calling for Fitz?

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
SAB... You're always looking for an argument... I'm just not gonna get into it. That's something I learned from the JP vs Trent "debates".

Therefore... If you think no excuses are needed for Trent... Then we agree on something. If you think Trent needs excuses, I guess you'll just have to come up with them yourself. I can't give you anything else.

i find it funny that you defended one QB with excuses but are quick to dispose another. i never made any kind of excuses for Edwards' play, nor will i. i have called it like i've seen it. he has played horrible. even when he went 10-10 passing against the Bears, i criticized the location of a couple of his passes. i wasn't looking for an argument. i was looking for an explanation. it's obvious that you don't have a reasonable answer either.

Typ0
08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
SAB is right. The lickers are still strong. They have already thrown TE under the bus for 2009 and not even a down has been played. They are pushing for TE failure because then failure between JP and TE will be a consistent result they can stretch into the abyss and make excuses about other variables that made JP fail other than JP himself. Keep on licking lickers--the licking will NEVER end.

Kenny
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Why is JP always brought into the discussion? The guy sucks. He isnt in the NFL anymore. Done. Period. End of Story.

It seems like whenever people are calling out crappy play from TE, others are coming to defend him by bringing in JP? I mean seriously, -JP has nothing to do with Trent's ****ty play.

djjimkelly
08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
how about we just admit

the whole dynamic we call bills football has been out of whack for almost 10 years

the coach sucks

the qb is average at best

we need to lose badly this year

and draft a LEGIT STUD AT QB

we need to start admitting to ourselves qbs like matt ryan came in and there is no doubt hes a stud.

here we are year 3 of trent and ill tell u a few games last year i was like ok this guy might actually be good.

lets just admit when it comes to offense there isnt much here

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
i find it funny that you defended one QB with excuses but are quick to dispose another. i never made any kind of excuses for Edwards' play, nor will i. i have called it like i've seen it. he has played horrible. even when he went 10-10 passing against the Bears, i criticized the location of a couple of his passes. i wasn't looking for an argument. i was looking for an explanation. it's obvious that you don't have a reasonable answer either.
Really? You think I owe you an explanation? I'm expected to disagree with you so you can argue... I'm supposed to ignore the fact that TE has plain sucked because I defended a player I thought was better. I'm not gonna bite SAB. This thread's over for me.

C'ya.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Why is JP always brought into the discussion? The guy sucks. He isnt in the NFL anymore. Done. Period. End of Story.

It seems like whenever people are calling out crappy play from TE, others are coming to defend him by bringing in JP? I mean seriously, -JP has nothing to do with Trent's ****ty play.

and that's where you're wrong. nobody is defending Edwards. people who supported Losman to no end are now starting threads to bench Edwards and start Fitzpatrick. all of a sudden, they have flip flopped their argument for what they've been saying for 2+ years. it's obvious that they have no legitimate answer to the threads they have started. like Philagape said, they're hypocrites.had it been a couple of other posters who started the "Start Fitzpatrick" threads, this thread wouldn't even exist. but there are a couple of VERY vocal people pulling a John Kerry. that's why this thread exists.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
and that's where you're wrong. nobody is defending Edwards. people who supported Losman to no end are now starting threads to bench Edwards and start Fitzpatrick. all of a sudden, they have flip flopped their argument for what they've been saying for 2+ years. it's obvious that they have no legitimate answer to the threads they have started. like Philagape said, they're hypocrites.had it been a couple of other posters who started the "Start Fitzpatrick" threads, this thread wouldn't even exist. but there are a couple of VERY vocal people pulling a John Kerry. that's why this thread exists.

Why haven't Trent fans called for Trents head like they did JP? The hypocracy Philagape is stating goes both ways I guess.

mybills
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
where are the Lickers at now?

I was gonna ask you why you aren't calling Trent lovers "lickers" this year. Like you said, it's the same coaching and all, and more people have been wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time now. Myself included, but not any more. He looks like a scared little virgin out there..whether the OL gives him time or not. I guess you could say that some of us learned our lesson with the JP debacle. :idunno:

mybills
08-31-2009, 10:20 AM
I still blame the coaches for Trent looking like a scared pup. They aren't coaching him well enough to have balls to throw the ball. but since Trent is such a smart qb. he should figure it out that he needs to grow a pair which is why i am being hard on him.
:10:

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Really? You think I owe you an explanation? I'm expected to disagree with you so you can argue... I'm supposed to ignore the fact that TE has plain sucked because I defended a player I thought was better. I'm not gonna bite SAB. This thread's over for me.

C'ya.

:roflmao:

still twisting it the way you want people to believe, eh? i never said you "owe" me an explanation. i just wanted to know why you were blue in the face to defend one QB and quickly dispose another. you never ignored the fact that Losman sucked but you defended him anyways. nobody is denying that Edwards is stinking up the joint either.

you starting a "Start Fitzpatrick" thread only have made you eat your own words from years past. that's why you don't want to bite. you know i'm right. here's a little friendly advice for you. you should be listening to the Tackling Dummy's, the Typ0's, and the SABURZFAN's, not Chris Brown. :madpeace:

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:33 AM
I was gonna ask you why you aren't calling Trent lovers "lickers" this year. Like you said, it's the same coaching and all, and more people have been wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time now. Myself included, but not any more. He looks like a scared little virgin out there..whether the OL gives him time or not. I guess you could say that some of us learned our lesson with the JP debacle. :idunno:

i don't see anybody defending Edwards' play. i don't see anybody making excuses for Edwards. if i have missed it, i'm sorry but i don't read every thread and every post. but you're right when you criticize Edwards' play. he has stunk it up. i highly doubt anybody is going to disagree with you.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
i don't see anybody defending Edwards' play. i don't see anybody making excuses for Edwards. if i have missed it, i'm sorry but i don't read every thread and every post. but you're right when you criticize Edwards' play. he has stunk it up. i highly doubt anybody is going to disagree with you.
notice how quiet Philagape and others are about Trent stinking it up when they spent several posts how JP stinks even after JP was already gone? They may not be defending Trent but they are hardly saying anything either.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Why haven't Trent fans called for Trents head like they did JP? The hypocracy Philagape is stating goes both ways I guess.

if this were the regular season, i could see where people would call for Trent's benching. but it's not. when the season starts and if Edwards continues to stink it up, then people have a right to call for his benching. until then, i see a bunch of chicken littles crying that the sky is falling, with hopes that Edwards flops so they can say "i told you so."

mybills
08-31-2009, 10:43 AM

Actually, there have been plenty of people *****ing about his dinks & dunks right along, and people were defending that right along. But now he's adding to the frustration by looking like he's terrified out there, and by not getting rid of the ball. He's starting to remind me of Bledsoe minus the arm. So of course he's going to get more bashing now. And like I said, we just went through this with JP so our patience is wearing real thin now.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
notice how quiet Philagape and others are about Trent stinking it up when they spent several posts how JP stinks even after JP was already gone? They may not be defending Trent but they are hardly saying anything either.

well i haven't been quiet about it. i've always called it like i saw it. Edwards is no different and doesn't get any special considerations from me.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
well i haven't been quiet about it. i've always called it like i saw it. Edwards is no different and doesn't get any special considerations from me.
not as badly as they did JP. HOw many posts have you seen guys like Phil blasting Trent?

Look I understand it's only preseason. I am hoping this is all a smokescreen to try and not give anything away to the Pats when Trent is in there. It's hard however not to criticize Trent when he isn't even trying. It's Rob Johnson all over again and I couldn't stand the guy. I know Trent is coachable which is why I am not blaming him completely. My wanting to let Fitz take snaps is in case Trent not throwing the ball is not a smokescreen and that he's really scared. It's also to light the fire under his arse.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Actually, there have been plenty of people *****ing about his dinks & dunks right along, and people were defending that right along. But now he's adding to the frustration by looking like he's terrified out there, and by not getting rid of the ball. He's starting to remind me of Bledsoe minus the arm. So of course he's going to get more bashing now. And like I said, we just went through this with JP so our patience is wearing real thin now.

my patience is wearing thin too. i'm tired of having teams without a legit QB. maybe i was spoiled with Jim Kelly and took it for granted. i don't know. i'm just getting pissed off at the FO bumblings and a decade of no playoffs is proving it.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:48 AM
not as badly as they did JP. HOw many posts have you seen guys like Phil blasting Trent?

not many but when i bring up the quoted examples, but Edwards falls in that same category that many people said when defending Losman.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
not many but when i bring up the quoted examples, but Edwards falls in that same category that many people said when defending Losman.
don't be so defensive :D. I was naming phil.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Look I understand it's only preseason. I am hoping this is all a smokescreen to try and not give anything away to the Pats when Trent is in there. It's hard however not to criticize Trent when he isn't even trying. It's Rob Johnson all over again and I couldn't stand the guy. I know Trent is coachable which is why I am not blaming him completely. My wanting to let Fitz take snaps is in case Trent not throwing the ball is not a smokescreen and that he's really scared. It's also to light the fire under his arse.

i'm just as frustrated as the next Bills fan but i don't want to go another season with the QB carousel circus. we've been doing that for the last who knows how many years and we're not getting anywhere doing that either. it's time to let Edwards sink or swim. if he sinks, then the FO has to go back to the drawing board.... AGAIN!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
don't be so defensive :D. I was naming phil.

not at all. like i said, i call them as i see them and i haven't changed. i don't have to be defensive about anything.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
i'm just as frustrated as the next Bills fan but i don't want to go another season with the QB carousel circus.

Even if he refuses to throw the ball? I'm tired of a carousel like you but I'm still all about the best players being out there.

mybills
08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Trent is sinking. Fitz is swimming. :ill:

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Even if he refuses to throw the ball? I'm tired of a carousel like you but I'm still all about the best players being out there.

well then... here's where we start to disagree again. i'd rather see Hamdan than Fitz.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
well then... here's where we start to disagree again. i'd rather see Hamdan than Fitz.
HAmdan ,Fitz or Baker . I don't care . I just want someone who'll throw the ball.

mybills
08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
No, not Baker. Fitz or Hamdan. :D

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 11:25 AM
HAmdan ,Fitz or Baker . I don't care . I just want someone who'll throw the ball.

maybe i should start a "Start Hamdan" thread. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
08-31-2009, 11:28 AM

You left out Edwards name.

Let go of the hate.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM

he hasn't progressed.
A throw that embodies what you are saying exactly is the one he threw to Parrish on a 10 yard button hook on Sat.

He waited till Parrish turned around, stopped completely, threw out his hands, THEN he threw it. By that time the DB made an easy play on the ball.

It really looked amateurish.

feldspar
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM

Maybe some people don't want to be sucked into the same optimistic trap with Edwards than they were with Losman, so they pull the plug a lot sooner. This is pretty dumb IMO.

What I don't get is why almost everybody on every message board are now completely throwing Edwards under the bus and giving up on him after 2 bad preseason games. It's the same way all the way across the board. Most people were at least cautiously optimistic about Edwards before the season, and now there has been a mob-like Chicken Little effect going on. It's really unbelievable.

mybills
08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
because he's not progressing.

feldspar
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
because he's not progressing.

It takes time to progress...sometimes you take steps backwards and have to take your lumps through experience.

What you see here is a knee-jerk reaction to a couple of preseason games where the biggest passing threat (T.O.) wasn't even on the field. Also, a lot has changed on this offense...with the no-huddle, completely different line, etc.

I, for one, still think that Trent has the potential to be a decent NFL starting QB.

mybills
08-31-2009, 12:10 PM
That's what I'm worried about. I'm tired of "decent" ..I want better.

sdbillsfan2
08-31-2009, 12:34 PM
After a 6-for-13 performance Saturday at Pittsburgh with no touchdowns and an interception (returned for a TD), Edwards is 26-of-38 passing for 189 yards and three interceptions with a passer rating of 47 in the preseason, the Bills' official site reports. <acronym title="More Information at the source">

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Trent_Edwards/498854

I think we have something to be critical of!

</acronym>

JD
08-31-2009, 12:36 PM
I'll criticize his play after week one.

Gunzlingr
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
What about those that were sucking Trent off the whole time they bashed JP? Remember them? I didn't think JP was good, just that Trent wasn't any better. Looks like at this point in time I am right.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 01:09 PM
It takes time to progress...sometimes you take steps backwards and have to take your lumps through experience.

What you see here is a knee-jerk reaction to a couple of preseason games where the biggest passing threat (T.O.) wasn't even on the field. Also, a lot has changed on this offense...with the no-huddle, completely different line, etc.

I, for one, still think that Trent has the potential to be a decent NFL starting QB.
People are not reacting to the results. We are reacting to the BASIC things that Trent is failing to do.

His throws are awful, it really looks like he never had a QB coach. No velocity, no accuracy, doesn't step in to his throws, no anticipation of routes, no timing, STILL pushing his throws as he has always done.

My concerns over Trent I had since he first took over as the starter and I still have the same ones now.

CAN HE MAKE THE TOUGH THROWS??? Were Waiting.....

Mr. Pink
08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
People are not reacting to the results. We are reacting to the BASIC things that Trent is failing to do.

His throws are awful, it really looks like he never had a QB coach. No velocity, no accuracy, doesn't step in to his throws, no anticipation of routes, no timing, STILL pushing his throws as he has always done.

My concerns over Trent I had since he first took over as the starter and I still have the same ones now.

CAN HE MAKE THE TOUGH THROWS??? Were Waiting.....

The sad part is 3 years ago change Trent with JP and it's the same argument.

I'm afraid it's almost time to find a new QB in the offseason to go a different direction.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 01:15 PM
The sad part is 3 years ago change Trent with JP and it's the same argument.

I'm afraid it's almost time to find a new QB in the offseason to go a different direction.
I wouldn't say the arguments were the same actually.

JP had a great throwing motion, stepped into his throws well, good velocity, usually good accuracy. He just had no clue where to throw it.

They are similar right now in their anticipation and timing.

JP COULD make the tough throws though. Just didn't know when or where to make them.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't say the arguments were the same actually.

JP had a great throwing motion, stepped into his throws well, good velocity, usually good accuracy. He just had no clue where to throw it.

They are similar right now in their anticipation and timing.

JP COULD make the tough throws though. Just didn't know when or where to make them.

The only difference in the argument is that JP was willing to chuck it deep and pray once in a while.

Neither can make the throws necessary to move the sticks and put points on the board consistently.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 01:36 PM
The only difference in the argument is that JP was willing to chuck it deep and pray once in a while.

Neither can make the throws necessary to move the sticks and put points on the board consistently.
Well I guess we disagree there because IMO JP definitely could make the tough throws in traffic, deep slants, Crosses, posts etc. We seen him do it.

Haven't seen Trent do it yet though.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Maybe some people don't want to be sucked into the same optimistic trap with Edwards than they were with Losman, so they pull the plug a lot sooner. This is pretty dumb IMO.

What I don't get is why almost everybody on every message board are now completely throwing Edwards under the bus and giving up on him after 2 bad preseason games. It's the same way all the way across the board. Most people were at least cautiously optimistic about Edwards before the season, and now there has been a mob-like Chicken Little effect going on. It's really unbelievable.

i don't know what the deal is. all i know is that Edwards has been stinking up the joint. he has one more preseason game to get his head screwed on straight. his preseason play has forced him under a microscope where not too many fans are going to miss a move going into the regular season. he needs to pull his head out of his ass quick.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
i don't know what the deal is. all i know is that Edwards has been stinking up the joint. he has one more preseason game to get his head screwed on straight. his preseason play has forced him under a microscope where not too many fans are going to miss a move going into the regular season. he needs to pull his head out of his ass quick.
Agree.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Agree.

here's another quote....

"This threads over for me.

Cya."

run along now..... :snicker: