• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

OK, how about solutions

Were all big on stating the problems, but maybe we could try to provide a few solutions too.

Heres mine:

1) Trade for John Henderson. The DL gets very little push, he helps day one.
    2) Bench or even cut Kelsay and Denney. Id say Schobel, but hed be a decent backup.
    3) Start Maybin, and probably Ellis. Move Bryan in often. The pass rush just got better.
    4) Sign Derrick Brooks and bench or cut Keith Ellison. Nic Harris is still a bit raw, he can probably be a solid starter next year for us.
    5) Sign Levi Jones and move Walker back to RT to battle it out with Butler for the starting job. When Bell emerges, you can bench Jones.
    6) Pounce on Kendall Simmons when he gets healthy.

That ought to improve the OL and DL.

Unfortunately we decided not to go after Cutler so we wont have a fix for Trent any time soon. But, we better start scouting hard now.

• tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: OK, how about solutions

Keith Ellison was 1 of the best players last nite, did you watch the game?

Where is there something about our QB, Michael Vick would look great in a BILLS uni right now?
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
      Were all big on stating the problems, but maybe we could try to provide a few solutions too.

Heres mine:

1) Trade for John Henderson. The DL gets very little push, he helps day one.
      2) Bench or even cut Kelsay and Denney. Id say Schobel, but hed be a decent backup.
      3) Start Maybin, and probably Ellis. Move Bryan in often. The pass rush just got better.
      4) Sign Derrick Brooks and bench or cut Keith Ellison. Nic Harris is still a bit raw, he can probably be a solid starter next year for us.
      5) Sign Levi Jones and move Walker back to RT to battle it out with Butler for the starting job. When Bell emerges, you can bench Jones.
      6) Pounce on Kendall Simmons when he gets healthy.

That ought to improve the OL and DL.

Unfortunately we decided not to go after Cutler so we wont have a fix for Trent any time soon. But, we better start scouting hard now.
      You're missing the face that Trent is the weakest part of our team. He is way to timid and scared to do anything but dump it off to a running back every frickin play. We need someone who can man up, grow some balls, and move the chains.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Neither Levi Jones nor Kendall Simmons could even pass physicals right now which is why they havent signed.

What are you trading fro Henderson?

Your taking a huge hit in the cap thus allowing us to spend even less under our cash to cap philosophy by cutting Kelsay and Denney.

Ellison has played relatively well the past two weeks and should be kept around.

Id add to your list that we should sign Josh Johnson or Tyler Thigpen should they be released. Though with Cassel going down last night and an MRI still pending I doubt Haley will cut ties with Thigpen now.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

[quote=DraftBoy]
          Neither Levi Jones nor Kendall Simmons could even pass physicals right now which is why they havent signed.
          Ill take them whenever theya re ready

What are you trading fro Henderson?
          Id give a draft pick or two.

Your taking a huge hit in the cap thus allowing us to spend even less under our cash to cap philosophy by cutting Kelsay and Denney.
          Ohh, I forgot that one:

7) **** can the cash to cap philosophy

Ellison has played relatively well the past two weeks and should be kept around.
          Hes not good enough at that position and never will be IMO.

Id add to your list that we should sign Josh Johnson or Tyler Thigpen should they be released. Though with Cassel going down last night and an MRI still pending I doubt Haley will cut ties with Thigpen now.
          Id take either.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
            • Feb 2009

Does anyone else recognize that Lee Evans is NOT worth 9 million a year? For that much money, he ought to get open. The fact is he can't unless he's manned up 1 on 1. I do think Owens will help. I can't understand how, when a DB is playing 10-15 yards off of Evans, why we don't throw the quick pass to him. Not our offense, we run Lee on a 15 yard out, right to where the DB is sitting. Other things I noticed.. This is the 2nd week in a row, I watched Brad Butler get blown back into Trent. He's not a RT! I think right now Eric Wood is the best Offensive Lineman. I agree that Kelsay and Denney should be cut. Maybin played well. In fact I saw Max Starks hold him on a regular basis.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

For starters, I would scrap the cash to cap crap and cut Kelsay and Denney immediately. If we are not going to have a pass rush with them, we might as well not have a pass rush without them while giving unproven guys the opportunity to showcase.

I would stick Walker back at RT, let Bell play LT as soon as he is healthy. Our current O-line isn't getting job done, so why not try something else.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Do we have solutions for right now? I didn't see the game. Can this team be better with what we got?

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                  For starters, I would scrap the cash to cap crap .
                  Wow, that reads so nice. Say that five times fast...

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                    Wow, that reads so nice. Say that five times fast...

Comment

Working...
                    X