PDA

View Full Version : Vick? Derek Anderson? Starting Fitzpatrick?

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Come on people, get real.

Look, I'm as concerned about Trent as anyone. This is his "make or break" year, and so far there's no reason to think he'll actually make it.

But please, let's stay away from the 2nd tier junk. Remember RJ and Bledsoe? Moves like that have been holding this team back for a decade. If Trent tanks again this year (and there is a good chance he will), this team has one of 2 options: a) get one of the top 2 QB's in the draft, even if it means trading up or b) paying whatever it takes to get the best QB in FA.

Now, I'm well aware that a lot of first round QB's have been busts, but at this point do you really trust the talent evaluation on this team to find a starting caliber QB in the later rounds?

Enough with the second and third tier nonsense. Give Trent this season, and if he fails commit to a REAL solution in the off-season.

Novacane
08-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree. Let's find out for sure if we have another QB to throw on the scrap heap.

Pinkerton Security
08-30-2009, 02:40 PM

Look, I'm as concerned about Trent as anyone. This is his "make or break" year, and so far there's no reason to think he'll actually make it.

But please, let's stay away from the 2nd tier junk. Remember RJ and Bledsoe? Moves like that have been holding this team back for a decade. If Trent tanks again this year (and there is a good chance he will), this team has one of 2 options: a) get one of the top 2 QB's in the draft, even if it means trading up or b) paying whatever it takes to get the best QB in FA.

Now, I'm well aware that a lot of first round QB's have been busts, but at this point do you really trust the talent evaluation on this team to find a starting caliber QB in the later rounds?

Enough with the second and third tier nonsense. Give Trent this season, and if he fails commit to a REAL solution in the off-season.

This is exactly how to be concerned with a situation yet still maintain a level head and not make ridiculous statements. Well said. Now if everyone else can just do the same...

tampabay25690
08-30-2009, 02:52 PM
What if we dont even have 2nd tier stuff on our roster now?

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
What if we dont even have 2nd tier stuff on our roster now?

We lose.

Unfortunately it's too late to make major changes at this point.

DrGraves
08-30-2009, 03:33 PM

so you're saying scrap this season before it even starts? because that is precisely what we will be doing by running trent out there each week.

Joe Fo Sho
08-30-2009, 03:44 PM
So what happens if we star out 4-9, then trent plays pretty well the last 3 games and we end up 7-9 again? Just wondering, I don't want to bench trent this year, but only because the answer is not on the bench.

Prov401
08-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Trent is not the answer. To be honest, he has really disappointed me this pre-season. I was pulling for him big time, as I really do like his attitude and the way he came into the NFL so poised and accurate. But he does this thing in games where he looks tottally lost, just like last night. Actually the way he looked last night is the way he looked last year on MNF againts the Browns. Like he doesn't know what to do, and these little goofy checkdowns are what we get from him. I think the biggest knock on the Buffalo Bills is the coaching. It sucks so f****** bad, theres no other way to put it. I can't wait for Jauron to be canned, but knowing us, with all the great coaches out there right now, we will hire Brian Schottenheimer for his first go around. This whole organization is warped, and old in their ways. They think drafting an Ivy school QB and obtaining an Ivy school head coach is the answer because they can solve Calculus problems, and seem to be smart in every which way possible, but on the football field. I'm really sick of this team, and it hurts deeply because I bleed Buffalo's colors.

To the thread, I think our next Head Coach will decide what we do with our QB situation. For example, if Gruden is hired, we are most likely going to trade for one i.e Anderson, Quinn, Vick, whomever. But if Billick is hired, we will probably draft a QB. This is deffinitley Trent's last go'round, and I'll root for him, but he's going to have to back up all of our hopes with his play...

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 03:55 PM
so you're saying scrap this season before it even starts? because that is precisely what we will be doing by running trent out there each week.

what choice do we have? Trade several picks to the Eagles so we can have Vick in 6 weeks? Overpay for Anderson because the Browns know we're desperate? Even if we found a new QB now, they'd struggle because they'd be learning the playbook on the fly.

I don't like it any more than you, but there really aren't any options at this point.

jamze132
08-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Come on guy. Do you really think we were going to win regardless of who the QB is? Take a good look at out O-line and tell me where we should be optimistic.

jamze132
08-30-2009, 04:20 PM
So what happens if we star out 4-9, then trent plays pretty well the last 3 games and we end up 7-9 again? Just wondering, I don't want to bench trent this year, but only because the answer is not on the bench.

That is my worst nightmare. That he sucks bad enough to run us out of playoff contention but then plays well enough to just miss the playoffs. In turn, Ralph gives Dick another shot and we are back at square one.

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Come on guy. Do you really think we were going to win regardless of who the QB is? Take a good look at our O-line and the D-line and the coaches and tell me where we should be optimistic.

I fixed it for you.

casdhf
08-30-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree with Op :ill:

trapezeus
08-30-2009, 04:29 PM
it may not be trent. i'm a supporter of trent, so i'm sure this will be fought tooth and nail by the losman squad. i think he has definitely struggled so far. and it is really alarming.

I think Trent has shown flashes of being a good qb, but i think turk's system isn't really all that different from the fairchild system. and the fairchild system had losman looking like a puppy out there too. I thought that losman didn't even show good skills and basic stuff. i think trent has shown basic decision making and accuracy so far. so if he sucks and puts together the last 3-4 games in good fashion, if a new PROVEN coach looks at the trent tape and says, "i'm going to work with him". I'll buy it. if he looks at it and says, "i can't work with this guy. i want my own choice." I'll go with that.

If the bills keep jauron and get rid of trent, i'm seriously going to question them. They drafted him, they liked him, they ran him out of town, and now they are expecting us that they won't do that to him again. That will twist my stomach upside down.

but i do really believe the FO is seeing that the fans are fully against this regime and know ticket sales are down to either agreat performance or a new regime. They saw what getting TO did to the fan base. They know we know this season was ugly, but we still came out because they brought in a real guy.

OpIv37
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
it may not be trent. i'm a supporter of trent, so i'm sure this will be fought tooth and nail by the losman squad. i think he has definitely struggled so far. and it is really alarming.

I think Trent has shown flashes of being a good qb, but i think turk's system isn't really all that different from the fairchild system. and the fairchild system had losman looking like a puppy out there too. I thought that losman didn't even show good skills and basic stuff. i think trent has shown basic decision making and accuracy so far. so if he sucks and puts together the last 3-4 games in good fashion, if a new PROVEN coach looks at the trent tape and says, "i'm going to work with him". I'll buy it. if he looks at it and says, "i can't work with this guy. i want my own choice." I'll go with that.

If the bills keep jauron and get rid of trent, i'm seriously going to question them. They drafted him, they liked him, they ran him out of town, and now they are expecting us that they won't do that to him again. That will twist my stomach upside down.

but i do really believe the FO is seeing that the fans are fully against this regime and know ticket sales are down to either agreat performance or a new regime. They saw what getting TO did to the fan base. They know we know this season was ugly, but we still came out because they brought in a real guy.

I'm half with you on the Trent issue. Schonert's system is holding him back, and the OL isn't doing him any favors. But I finally saw some of the GB game yesterday and I saw Trent making a lot of mistakes on his own. He held the ball too long before deciding to run or throw, wasn't feeling the pressure and just plain missed some throws.

I'd like to see what Trent could do with a REAL coaching staff, but at this point I'm afraid this group of idiots has him shell-shocked for life.

Hemlepp53
08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Give Trent the season and if he fails he is replaced via FA or Early Draft Pick. It is apparent that Trent has more weapons on the field than a majority of the QBs in this leauge. I dont see the OLine being an issue for a QB who is able to stand int he pocket and take a hit to deliver a big play. Trent looks for the safest possilbe play availible. I would rather see a Farve type minded QB out there tossing 20 - 30 yard passes or tossing 20 - 30 yard interceptions. It is better than not moving the ball and the same **** each snap.... We need to win ... the time is now for both Trent and the Coaching staff.

(yes the other day i was blaming the coaching staff for a most of Trents short comings but after seeing Fitz go out last night and sling it some.. i have to wonder.)

psubills62
08-30-2009, 05:00 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Anyone available now is nothing more than a career backup, or a HUGE project (Josh Johnson). Trent deserves to play his third year. Unless he is 0-12, I won't be calling for Fitzpatrick to start at all, mainly because we know what we have with him - a decent backup.

Great post. We have nothing to lose at this point by starting Trent. It's not like we have a young draft pick waiting in the wings who could use the experience. It's either Edwards this year or an admission to rebuilding next year. I'd rather give Edwards the chance to be good.

jonah7777
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
I agree. Let's find out for sure if we have another QB to throw on the scrap heap.

no problem by game 4 we will know trent is just another name in a long list of flops....

jonah7777
08-30-2009, 10:01 PM
what choice do we have? Trade several picks to the Eagles so we can have Vick in 6 weeks? Overpay for Anderson because the Browns know we're desperate? Even if we found a new QB now, they'd struggle because they'd be learning the playbook on the fly.

I don't like it any more than you, but there really aren't any options at this point.

If we had a coach they probably would get Anderson no matter the price and sit trent down... whatever happened he's almost worse than jp if that is even possible

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:35 PM

some people just like to talk out of their asses because their mouths know better. then when they're wrong, they talk out of their asses some more, in an attempt to justify why they were wrong to begin with. it's a never ending story.

jamze132
08-31-2009, 03:56 AM
I fixed it for you.
I was trying to stay on topic buddy!