PDA

View Full Version : sense of fan unity

trapezeus
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
i'm noticing a high level of fan unity right now. everyone seems to be echoing the same thing and normally there are the two camps we've discussed a thousand times over: homers vs realists.

Whether you put stock in that or not, the good news is that we are really saying the same thing now throughout bills fandom world. And that only means that as the bills put on this ****show during the regular season, Ralph and co are going to worry that the 2010 season is going to be a disaster. So they will get us a new coach.

We now have to some how keep our unity and show them that another dud coaching hire will not result in 50,000 season tickets sold. They have to learn that we want a real shot and being good.

casdhf
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I like to complain as much as the next guy, but 16 days a year I'll be doing nothing but cheering.

cocamide
08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I like to complain as much as the next guy, but 16 days a year I'll be doing nothing but cheering.

Exactly. Otherwise, why would anyone watch?

trapezeus
08-30-2009, 05:43 PM
it's not about cheering or not cheering at the games. we all watch and despite what our brain says, we wish that each play be successful.

i'm saying fans frustration is building up all in the same direction at this point. even the most optimistic fans are in crash position. and the bills FO would have to be completely obtuse to not see that they need another gimmick to pull fans in. and that might just mean we have to show them that we want a real coach who wins consistently. has there ever been a time like this where legendary coaches are on the sidelines waiting to get back in?

Night Train
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Ralphs' present plan of success..

Mediocrity = :$:

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 07:14 PM
enter Brian Billick.

BillsWin
08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
or... http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/buffalobillsfan1989/edited.jpg

Mad Bomber
08-30-2009, 07:27 PM
ANYBODY else! I'm ass-sore from getting DICKED.

ServoBillieves
08-30-2009, 10:27 PM
If after a pre-season game you're willing to give up on the Bills, good for you, here's the real Bills fan caring. Otherwise, stick by the true fans. Sure we want a new coach, but we have to stick with the hand we're dealt. The Pats have pocket aces, even though we may have a 7 2 off-suit, who knows if the flop will be "2, 2, 7?"

This team has the weapons, even with it's hardships, to be an impressive team. Let the hatred and pessimism be fuel to the fire of Wood, Hang, and Levitre, and let T.O., Lee, and Dominic flourish.

Typ0
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I think you properly identified the homers as a significant hurdle to reality. Notice how once they admit the real situation how we move closer to buffalo bills message board utopia. All they do is whine and complain about the realists ruining their fun. They must be a bitter angry group.

i'm noticing a high level of fan unity right now. everyone seems to be echoing the same thing and normally there are the two camps we've discussed a thousand times over: homers vs realists.

Whether you put stock in that or not, the good news is that we are really saying the same thing now throughout bills fandom world. And that only means that as the bills put on this ****show during the regular season, Ralph and co are going to worry that the 2010 season is going to be a disaster. So they will get us a new coach.

We now have to some how keep our unity and show them that another dud coaching hire will not result in 50,000 season tickets sold. They have to learn that we want a real shot and being good.

trapezeus
08-30-2009, 10:44 PM
my true hope as a "real fan" (whatever that means) is that this potentially awful season that we all see in the tea leaves gets treated better than giving us a williams, a mularkey and a jauron hire.

i want us to get a top level coach who can evaluate this team correctly. tell us who the junk is, draft the diamonds in the rough, get the right free agents here and make them a disciplined team that fights for wins. that we know when the develop that they've been coached right, and when they fail that its their own doings.

i think we bring in a real coach, i wouldn't be surprised to see a 7-9 jauron squad qualify for the playoffs the very next year. but bring in a bumbling moron, and it'll be talk about waiting 3 years for the a playoff team. not cool.

but to each their own. i think its in our overall best interests that we get the right coaches in here for a change.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Ralphs' present plan of success..

Mediocrity = :$:

present plan???? the Old Fart has been doing it for the last 50 years.

SABURZFAN
08-30-2009, 11:16 PM
I think you properly identified the homers as a significant hurdle to reality. Notice how once they admit the real situation how we move closer to buffalo bills message board utopia. All they do is whine and complain about the realists ruining their fun. They must be a bitter angry group.

does this mean that the realists who were called "not real Bills fans" are real Bills fans now?

Typ0
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
does this mean that the realists who were called "not real Bills fans" are real Bills fans now?

all it means is anyone that ever pointed a finger and said the words "not real bills fans" are idiots.

Billz_fan
08-31-2009, 01:22 AM
present plan???? the Old Fart has been doing it for the last 50 years.

I think whats wrong is that Ralph can't remember the outcome of last weeks game every week. Someone in the front office keeps telling him we won. Find that guy, problem solved :D

jamze132
08-31-2009, 04:00 AM
all it means is anyone that ever pointed a finger and said the words "not real bills fans" are idiots.
Well there was that one douche who said he cheers for the Patriots now because they are better than the Bills...

Typ0
08-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Well there was that one douche who said he cheers for the Patriots now because they are better than the Bills...

That's not what we are talking about. It's the people who insist you aren't a fan if you don't subscribe to the rose colored glasses of blind optimism and expect a superbowl run this year.