Wow, after watching the highlights on NFL.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Wow, after watching the highlights on NFL.COM

Maybin is special. Here are all the plays in detail that you can see from the highlights.

1st play. Wouldve easily of gotten past the RT but Heath miller came on the double team. Maybin also ends up right where the ball was thrown immediatley after the guy catches it. Hustle

2nd play. Great job. Uses his speed to get to the edge, then when Roethlisberger steps up he does a great swim move and just misses getting the sack. I think he got a hit on Ben

3rd play. Uses 1st step again and gets to the outside but gets chiped by the RB, spins and comes close to getting a sack.

4th play. Did a stunt to the RG and pushed him into the backfield and then looks like he gets held when he tries to break off.

5th play. Sack. Maybin doesnt let Starks touch him and then just quickly moves to the inside and sacks ben

6th play. Just completely beats Max to the outside and almost got the ball before Ben released it. He looked like he got held.

7th play. Started vs Starks but chased Ben like a LB doing a spy. Not a good job.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Wow, after watching the highlights on NFL.COM

All off-season, I've been saying that the Bills should have taken Orakpo instead.

I would love to be absolutely dead wrong on that. I would love to see Maybin absolutely tear it up and be equal to or better than Orakpo

Just once, I would like to see the people in the FO, who make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to know football, prove that they know more about football than average fans such as myself.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Maybin, if he turns out to be good, is the icing on a successful draft in my opinion.

Maybin- Could be the pass rusher we have lacked for so long, and could end up being one of those Bills that plays in Buffalo his entire career. He seems to really love this franchise. This kid is going to be special. (I know he held out on a rookie contract, but some people dont seem to realize that the NFL is still a business.) It looks like hes a man on a mission and that hes in great shape.

Wood- Another franchise player who the Bills will most likely keep in Buffalo for the majority of his career. He is already showing why we pretty much handed him a starting job. Tenacious and strong and very smart.

Byrd- An absolute ballhawk. Hes been hampered by injuries this offseason, but could possibly contribute this season. Fans and coaching staff and sports writers everywhere seem to think hes our future FS.

Levitre- Another tough guy on the offensive line. Coming out of the draft I loved him as a guard and thought hed be the best guard option outside of the top 40 picks. He seems to be progressing, could be a staple Bills player for the next 7-8 years.

Nelson- The future star tight end of the Buffalo Bills. This guy is going to be big, and #89 jerseys will fly off the shelves over the next 3-4 years.

Harris- Future starting LB for us in my personal opinion. At the very least he will be a fantastic backup.

Lankster- a CB who has shown flashes, could contribute on special teams.

Harris- Really hasnt done much since the Bears game, but what Bill has?
      Last edited by BillsWin; 08-30-2009, 06:34 PM.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Mitchell55
        Maybin is special. Here are all the plays in detail that you can see from the highlights.

1st play. Wouldve easily of gotten past the RT but Heath miller came on the double team. Maybin also ends up right where the ball was thrown immediatley after the guy catches it. Hustle

2nd play. Great job. Uses his speed to get to the edge, then when Roethlisberger steps up he does a great swim move and just misses getting the sack. I think he got a hit on Ben

3rd play. Uses 1st step again and gets to the outside but gets chiped by the RB, spins and comes close to getting a sack.

4th play. Did a stunt to the RG and pushed him into the backfield and then looks like he gets held when he tries to break off.

5th play. Sack. Maybin doesnt let Starks touch him and then just quickly moves to the inside and sacks ben

6th play. Just completely beats Max to the outside and almost got the ball before Ben released it. He looked like he got held.

7th play. Started vs Starks but chased Ben like a LB doing a spy. Not a good job.
        You seem to think that everyone that dons a Bills uniform is "special." Every week you have a new person that's "special," if everyone is so special the Bills wouldn't be in this situation. Wait a minute, you aren't on the payroll are you? Chris Brown, is that you?

By the way, you've come to the conclusion that he's "special" based on a freaking highlight on NFL.com?
        Last edited by MassEffect218435; 08-30-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
          You seem to think that everyone that dons a Bills uniform is "special." Every week you have a new person that's "special," if everyone is so special the Bills wouldn't be in this situation. Wait a minute, you aren't on the payroll are you? Chris Brown, is that you?
          Name someone outside of Maybin and Nelson that ive called special.

Do you even read my posts? Ill eat some tasty crow if you can prove me wrong about my own posting.

Hell there are a good 40 players on the team id like to cut and replace right now. So why would I call all Bills players special?
          Last edited by BillsWin; 08-30-2009, 06:33 PM.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BillsWin
            Name someone outside of Maybin and Nelson that ive called special.

Do you even read my posts? Ill eat some tasty crow if you can prove me wrong about my own posting.
            Might want to look at the name on the quote...

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

haha sorry mass!

I just assumed it was me because I called Maybin special.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                • Apr 2009

haha sorry mass!

I just assumed it was me because I called Maybin special.
                No problem, either way, Orakpo was the better choice. I still can't believe we passed him up. This feels like Ngata/Whitner all over again.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

No problem, either way, Orakpo was the better choice. I still can't believe we passed him up. This feels like Ngata/Whitner all over again.
                  I liked Orakpo too. Have you seen him work out? Hes like the hulk, that guy is scary.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Does that surprise you at all? This organization can't draft.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                      • Apr 2009

I liked Orakpo too. Have you seen him work out? Hes like the hulk, that guy is scary.
                      Yup, even met him a few times and got to see him play live 7 times; the guy is a F-R-E-A-K.

Something else that made him so attractive to me is that he could easily bump over to OLB if the Bills ever made the transition to the 3-4. He can play with his hand in the dirt or standing up. The guy can do it all.
                      Last edited by MassEffect218435; 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

On what do you base that Orakpo was the better choice? I'd be curious to know, considering the 23-year old (Maybin is 21 and played 2 years less in college) Orakpo had almost a full training camp (he missed just 2 days) and has been playing SLB with the Skins, not DE.
                        Last edited by Goobylal; 08-30-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Does that surprise you at all? This organization can't draft.
                          Sure it can, just in the past ten years you've seen guys like..... like..... never mind.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Yup, even met him a few times and got to see him play live 7 times; the guy is a F-R-E-A-K.

Something else that made him so attractive to me is that he could easily bump over to OLB if the Bills ever made the transition to the 3-4. He can play with his hand in the dirt or standing up. The guy can do it all.
                            I had the liberty of covering him because I worked for the big twelve his last year at Texas. Hell be pretty good if he can stay healthy. He wasnt the fastest guy, he was quick though, and just so incredibly strong.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

By the way, you've come to the conclusion that he's "special" based on a freaking highlight on NFL.com?

Not realy. The since the beginning of preseason ive bashed Walker, Levitre, Wood, Kelsay, Ellison, McKelvin, and Schouman

Comment

Working...
                              X