X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

NFL Total Access on Bills/Steelers

Jamie Dukes and his co-host showed the highlights (or low-lights, if you're a Bills fan) of the Bills/Steelers game. The guys then discussed the Bills offense and how inept it looks with only 3 points in 4 preseason games. Dukes believes the Bills made a huge mistake by drafting two guards early, and says teams shouldn't draft guards in the first round; lucrative first round picks, if spent on offensive lineman, should only be spent on the high skill tackle spots, he argues. He then argues that this is why our no huddle and offense in general is failing - our offensive line. He believes the offense had potential but not addressing the vacancy left by Jason Peters has marred our offense, as it will for the entire season.

Just thought I'd relay that all to you.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: NFL Total Access on Bills/Steelers

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
    Jamie Dukes and his co-host showed the highlights (or low-lights, if you're a Bills fan) of the Bills/Steelers game. The guys then discussed the Bills offense and how inept it looks with only 3 points in 4 preseason games. Dukes believes the Bills made a huge mistake by drafting two guards early, and says teams shouldn't draft guards in the first round; lucrative first round picks, if spent on offensive lineman, should only be spent on the high skill tackle spot, he argues. He then argues that this is why our no huddle and offense in general is failing - our offensive line. He believes the offense had potential but not addressing the vacancy left by Jason Peters has marred our offense, as it will for the entire season.

Just thought I'd relay that all to you.
    In walks Bell.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
      In walks Bell.
      If Bell is capable, I want him to play LT. Mainly, I just want Walker back at RT.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

agreed.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Ya the bills were horrible, but don't listen to Dukes. The guy is NEVER right. He's not just usually wrong, he's way off about everything. The paths of logic he takes are just not right.

But we were wack against the steelers. Any lame brain idiot could see that.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
            Ya the bills were horrible, but don't listen to Dukes. The guy is NEVER right. He's not just usually wrong, he's way off about everything. The paths of logic he takes are just not right.

one could argue that we dominated the Steelers first team last season and we were playing golf in january while the Steelers were winning a championship in February.

One can always hope.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22

Maybe so, but the offensive line is definitely the source of our troubles on offense. People can blame Edwards all they want but the guy has his own lineman being bull-rushed into him. How is he expected to step into throws like that? I really really hope we can get Walker back to RT via Bell at LT.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

There really is little statistical evidence to support the notion that LT is more valuable than other offensive line positions, especially in the running game.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Patti120
                  • Aug 2004

Should be interesting facing the likes of Wilfork, Seymour and Co.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I don't care what spot he lines up at, if you've got a guy available in the first round that you think will make your line better, you take him.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Dukes should think before he spouts off. The Bills O-line has sucked for years because it was neglected. It's about time they addressed it with some good players. He is right that the line is part of the problem with the hurry up but the young guys will get better. How stupid to say you should never take an interior lineman in round 1.

Comment

• baalworship
                        • May 2003

Jamie Dukes is fixated on the Bills need a tackle. He criticized our draft because we didn't take a tackle.

To me our interior line was our weakest point. Unfortunately Wood and Levitre are not going to make us better there right away as rookies.

Once we move Bell where he belongs (LT) and Walker where he belongs (RT) we will be fine at the tackle position.

The Wood and Levitre picks will eventually pay off. Levitre was ranked as the #1 guard prospect and Wood as the #1 or #2 center prospect by NFL network. I don't miss Jason Peters.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by baalworship
                          Jamie Dukes is fixated on the Bills need a tackle. He criticized our draft because we didn't take a tackle.

To me our interior line was our weakest point. Unfortunately Wood and Levitre are not going to make us better there right away as rookies.

Once we move Bell where he belongs (LT) and Walker where he belongs (RT) we will be fine at the tackle position.

The Wood and Levitre picks will eventually pay off. Levitre was ranked as the #1 guard prospect and Wood as the #1 or #2 center prospect by NFL network. I don't miss Jason Peters.
                          I think it's very possible that Wood could make us better right away (not so much Levitre).

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Very true. That's all they've ever mentioned of the Bills since the draft. But did they even watch the game? Walker is nowhere near a dominant LT, but he has not been the liability they are trying to make him be either.

Then again, they don't have the memory to remember Fowler or Preston at Center for several years like we do. We acknowledge that the Oline needed investment in it. What doesn't seem to be working is the coaching to put it all together. That's what they should be criticizing more than anything else.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

the "eventually" in there is the scary part. I almost think the Bills have written off this season to develop Wood, Levitre and hopefully Bell.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X