PDA

View Full Version : Two UGLY stats

psubills62
08-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Didn't see these posted. I've seen other stats, but these really put it into perspective (from the article here: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/tough-sledding-for-offense-again/e7c7d51d-933e-42d6-8fff-fe4d518d51fb)

Stat #1: The starting offense has crossed midfield THREE times during the preseason.

Stat #2: The starting offense has been outscored by the defenses it has faced 7-3 (One FG drive by our offense, one TD return by Pittsburgh).

Honestly, I refuse to believe an offense could be THIS bad. It's just unreal to me that our offense has put up these kinds of statistics. I really, really hope they get better...

trapezeus
08-30-2009, 10:51 PM
remember they didn't just dismantle the line and replace them with rookies, but they chose to put players out of their natural positions. that's a problem.

if you look up youtube clips of marshawn lynch runs, one amazing thing to note is that the line routinely wasn't blocking people. there are guys standing around. if you watch other preseason games, other teams block at least one guy. they find a body. So many times you see bills stand up without a clue as to who to block.....that's an issue.

Oldbillsfan
08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
The fail quicker with the no huddle

jamze132
08-31-2009, 04:20 AM
It's Vanilla... :rofl:

Night Train
08-31-2009, 05:56 AM
It's a bird, it's a plane..it's..SUPER CLICHE !

1. IT'S ONLY PRE-SEASON
2. WE'RE RUNNING VANILLA PACKAGES
3. WE'RE NOT SHOWING OUR HAND
4. EVERYONE IS 0-0 RIGHT NOW
4. WE'RE...WE'RE..

Wait..this isn't woking ! I'm starting to fossilize like our coach... It's..it's

Kryptonite ! Losing strength...can't compete...need to punt...ugh...ugh...

:blowup:

Luisito23
08-31-2009, 06:40 AM
I just don't see how Owens can fix all the problems by himself, I mean seriously I think we're looking at another typical 7-9, 8-8 season.

psubills62
08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
I just don't see how Owens can fix all the problems by himself, I mean seriously I think we're looking at another typical 7-9, 8-8 season.

My thoughts too. Owens is good, but Reed was supposed to be the one who was Edwards' security blanket. Owens is talented, but he's not the one throwing to himself.

mikemac2001
08-31-2009, 08:19 AM
We can only hope

that were saving everything for New england

you know if we show anything to BB he will figure out a way to beat it, can only hope thats our plan focus on week 1 and F preseason

jamze132
08-31-2009, 09:08 AM
We can only hope

that were saving everything for New england

you know if we show anything to BB he will figure out a way to beat it, can only hope thats our plan focus on week 1 and F preseason
May I refer you to my smokescreen thread...