PDA

View Full Version : What Does The No Huddle Accomplish?

Jan Reimers
08-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I see no real benefit of our running the no huddle, because:

1) We run it on every series, so there is no element of surprise.

2) We don't really use it in hurry up mode, so our opponents can get their defensive packages on the field. (I think rules changes from the 90s allow the defense to get on the field, anyway.)

3) It kills our time of possession, so our defense is on the field longer.

Really, what's the advantage?

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 08:41 AM

1.It gets our defensive players on the field more often which gives them more time to practice .

2.Our long snapper and Moorman gets more snaps in too.

3. It gives April a better look at the players who will be on st. They get more practice too.

4. It gives our O more rest. The lesser time they are on the field the less chances of gettting banged up.

:ill:

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 08:43 AM
It keeps our inept offensive line form having to block for more than 3 seconds.

Mad Bomber
08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
It doesn't really get the plays off that much faster. The ball is getting snapped with 5 or 6 seconds left on the play clock.

It doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything.

James Farrior said after the game Saturday "maybe they should huddle up more."

LtFinFan66
08-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Tires out the other teams Offense quicker?:idunno:

Jan Reimers
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
It keeps our inept offensive line form having to block for more than 3 seconds.
We could still call the short, quick dink and dunk stuff from a huddle, though.

billsfanone
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I see no real benefit of our running the no huddle, because:

2) We don't really use it in hurry up mode, so our opponents can get their defensive packages on the field. (I think rules changes from the 90s allow the defense to get on the field, anyway.)

:bf1:

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 08:57 AM
We could still call the short, quick dink and dunk stuff from a huddle, though.

yeah but we lose the element of surprise. No huddle won't allow D's to know that we're dinking.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2009, 08:59 AM
yeah but we lose the element of surprise. We gotta throw a smokescreen that we're dinking and dunling somehow, no?
Oh, yeah. We've surprised them so far.

yordad
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
The problem is execution. Not a no-huddle. They aren't even really in hurry up mode, so it doesn't really effect TOP much.

It is designed to accomplish...
1. Making the defense hurry into position. Although they don't usually quick snap, they could at any moment.
2. It gets the O lined up sooner, giving the QB more time to read the defense, and make adjustments.
3. If used correctly, they could catch opponents in a player changes.

The Bills just haven't been good enough to execute anything.

Buffalogic
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
It doesn't matter if you huddle or not if you can't get first downs. Either way you get dominated in time of possession.

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh, yeah. We've surprised them so far.I was surprised. Weren't you?

jamze132
08-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Ok guys this is simple.

The no-huddle is supposed to keep the defense on it's heals and wear them out.

Dick Jauron's no-huddle wears out our punter.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
i look at the scoreboard in every game and it hasn't accomplished anything.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
The problem is execution. Not a no-huddle. They aren't even really in hurry up mode, so it doesn't really effect TOP much.

It is designed to accomplish...
1. Making the defense hurry into position. Although they don't usually quick snap, they could at any moment.
2. It gets the O lined up sooner, giving the QB more time to read the defense, and make adjustments.
3. If used correctly, they could catch opponents in a player changes.

The Bills just haven't been good enough to execute anything.
Exactly.

They did this to take advantage of Trent's "Read and Adapt" skills. The longer he has at the LOS the more time he has to read the defense and adapt the play accordingly.

It is very possible that they are limiting the amount of calls he can make in pre-season so Bellichick doesn't break it all down and game plan for it.

Typ0
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM
I think the no huddle can do what it's designed to do which is give the offense more options in clock management and wear down opposing defenses. We haven't seen that in preseason of course because the offense has been inept. I like the idea they can snap it fast any time and dictate what personnel the other team has on the field.

djjimkelly
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
the no huddle is what our genius coaches have come up with to try and hide exactly how poor our offense is

problem it might be worse then even they imagined
i do have to point out trents preseason is making JP's worst presason look like super bowl runs

Typ0
08-31-2009, 09:48 AM
If our offensive line wasn't in the early stages of a long growing process and we could get some good QB play our offense would be in business.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 09:53 AM
i do have to point out trents preseason is making JP's worst presason look like super bowl runs

let's not get ridiculous here. JP's record as a starter was 30%. that doesn't get you to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
They should look at tapes of the K-Gun if they want to see a true and EFFECTIVE no huddle.

bigbub2352
08-31-2009, 10:09 AM
The No Huddle announcements was to sell tickets and mask the fact that we still have Turk and DJ doing our game management, we dont have the Oline yet to run it nor do we have the QB to do it
sad as usual

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM
If run correctly by a QB with a brain it accomplishes a lot.

Ebenezer
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
It's a gimmick to make fans think they are seeing the glory teams of the 90s....an insult actually - just like the unis, the coach, the CEO, the owner......

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
It's a gimmick to make fans think they are seeing the glory teams of the 90s....an insult actually - just like the unis, the coach, the CEO, the owner......I don't know if it's necessarily a "gimmick." It's a great concept that works quite well if run by the right people. Perhaps they felt they had the personnel in place to run it this year? Or maybe you're right and it was simply a scheme.

Ebenezer
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know if it's necessarily a "gimmick." It's a great concept that works quite well if run by the right people. Perhaps they felt they had the personnel in place to run it this year? Or maybe you're right and it was simply a scheme.
Sorry, I'll be cynical...just like the commercial that shows Lindell beating Oakland and trying to equate it to the magnitude of Christie's kick that won the Comeback game...or the commercial that shows Edwards running into the endzone for a TD and trying to equate that to the magnitude of Kelly's run into the endzone against Miami...50th anniversary marketing stunts to make the fans all nice and warm and fuzzy....an insult.

madness
08-31-2009, 10:53 AM
When it's working and T.O. is on the field? See the Chicago game. That defense was more tired than ours has been the last couple of games. They literally were on their knees in between plays.

sdbillsfan2
08-31-2009, 11:23 AM
What Does The No Huddle Accomplish?

Ans.
Hopefully and early exit for Dick Jauron and and every other enept moron on the coaching staff.