PDA

View Full Version : Trent has Horrible Mechanics.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
And im not talking about the guy he takes his car to.

Trent simply does not throw the ball properly with his shoulder and legs. If you watch the highlights you will notice a HUGE difference between the way Roethlesberger throws and how Trent throws. In fact compare Trent to any QB and you notice his deficiencies.

1. He throws the ball with a PUSHING motion not a throwing motion. He rarely puts his shoulder into a throw and it affects his velocity and accuracy.

2. He has a tendency to raise his back leg when he throws. That is fundamentally wrong because it gives him nothing to throw off of or push off of. Naturally his throws will be weak. I am officially calling it the Flamingo throw.

3. When his internal clock starts to tell him pressure is coming OR when he is waiting for a WR to get open he has a tendency to do this little dance with his feet. I think you will all remember this dance from the Hardy TD against Jacksonville.

4. He stares down his routes, especially the short throws. Which is why every receiver who gets a short throw from him gets killed right away. If you watch the video you will notice Farrior took steps towards the middle of the field off the snap, then he looked at Trent's eyes and changed direction the opposite way and made the pick. Actually you will not see this in the BB.com version, but watch it on the NFL videos version to see Farrior read Trent.

In all honesty, JP Losman had better throwing mechanics than Edwards. Just didn't have the mental tools to go with it.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/steelers-17-bills-0/72fdef42-553f-4ec0-9f30-14f8681a6edf#?id=72fdef42-553f-4ec0-9f30-14f8681a6edf

Watch the 2:00 mark. Trent's pick, watch his feet. Then watch the Roth throw at 1:38, the correct way to throw.

Im not saying Trent can't succeed, but, he has work to do.

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
you should put an application in for QB coach.

Ingtar33
08-31-2009, 01:57 PM
there is nothing wrong with trent's mechanics.

Ben's mechanics have always been a bit fishy... i find it funny you are comparing trent's mechanics which are fairly strong to a guy who's mechanics are are not so strong, and claiming this proves trent has poor mechanics.

I find it really funny because of the QBs we've recently had, trent has had better mechanics then all of them. JP was a nightmare of mechanical issues. His footwork never improved. Trent came to us with WCO quality footwork.

baalworship
08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Bill Walsh said Trent's mechanics were best since Montana. Unfortunately his head is a mess since that Wilson hit last year.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
LMAO... "The Flamingo"!!

Beastie Bills
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
His vagina must be getting in the way.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 02:17 PM
there is nothing wrong with trent's mechanics.

Ben's mechanics have always been a bit fishy... i find it funny you are comparing trent's mechanics which are fairly strong to a guy who's mechanics are are not so strong, and claiming this proves trent has poor mechanics.

I find it really funny because of the QBs we've recently had, trent has had better mechanics then all of them. JP was a nightmare of mechanical issues. His footwork never improved. Trent came to us with WCO quality footwork.
Roth is unorthodox in the way he plays the game, not the way he throws the ball. Rivers is the one with an unorthodox release.

And yes, there is something wrong with Trent's mechanics, he pushes his throws and does not use his body to throw and that is obvious. Not sure how you can disagree with that.

Ingtar33
08-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Roth is unorthodox in the way he plays the game, not the way he throws the ball. Rivers is the one with an unorthodox release.

And yes, there is something wrong with Trent's mechanics, he pushes his throws and does not use his body to throw and that is obvious. Not sure how you can disagree with that.

pretty easily, because it's not true.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 02:28 PM
pretty easily, because it's not true.
IYO.

When I watch other QBs I dont see them raise their back leg to throw. Not the way he does anyways.

Luisito23
08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
He looks like he's shooting darts instead of throwing footballs...I hate it, it just looks real ugly, and there is absolutely no flow in his motion.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 03:06 PM
He looks like he's shooting darts instead of throwing footballs...I hate it, it just looks real ugly, and there is absolutely no flow in his motion.
Couldn't have described his throwing motion better myself. Shooting darts is EXACTLY what it looks like.

Bill Cody
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Bill Walsh said Trent's mechanics were best since Montana.

Give me a break. You're take Bill Walsh's opinion over Mahdi's? :puh:

SABURZFAN
08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Give me a break. You're take Bill Walsh's opinion over Mahdi's? :puh:

:chuckle:

Night Train
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm calling Mr. Goodwrench

paladin warrior
08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Depth perception
Trent Edwards is smart and has Terrell Owens, but only 11 TD passes in 2008 is a yellow flag. He also has a medical history, which means Ryan Fitzpatrick could be a factor. Fitzpatrick, however, had only eight TD passes in 372 attempts last season with the Bengals.

QB rank 23:--> T.Edwards.. I want Fitzpatrick to be a starter.

Hemlepp53
08-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Bill Walsh said Trent's mechanics were best since Montana. Unfortunately his head is a mess since that Wilson hit last year.

Agreed that is what did it... Major drop off from that point forward.:blowup:

Prov401
08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Mechanics=Overated.

Favre has some of the worst mechanics of all time. He's the all time leader in every category regarding QB.

Roethlisberger is not a perfect QB either.

I once heard Ron Jaworski describe Carson Palmer as the most mechanically sound QB he's ever seen. And I would take Roethlisberger of Palmer any day of the week.

I actually like the way Trent throws. He seems very accurate, however, just very slow at throwing, and making decisions.

Kenny
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Mechanics=Overated.

Favre has some of the worst mechanics of all time. He's the all time leader in every category regarding QB.

I once heard Ron Jaworski describe Carson Palmer as the most mechanically sound QB he's ever seen. And I would take Roethlisberger of Palmer any day of the week.

I actually like the way Trent throws. He seems very accurate, however, just very slow at throwing, and making decisions.

Actually, Trent has a pretty quick release (look at Leftwich if you want to see what a 'slow' release looks like).
The problem with Trent is that he's essentially gunshy. He's scared of throwing to receivers on the move, and he doesnt like to throw in tight spaces.

You can call him accurate, -but I havent seen any proof of that yet. I guess Holcomb was pretty accurate too then?

BertSquirtgum
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
trent sucks

BillsWin
08-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Trent's got better mechanics than half the league. Its his brain that gets in the way. Its almost as if he is too smart. He over thinks his reads and weighs the risks of each throw and by that time, the coverage changes and he either throws a pick or is forced to dump it off because he didnt follow through on his first instinct/read.

Commissioner
09-01-2009, 07:12 AM
And im not talking about the guy he takes his car to.

Trent simply does not throw the ball properly with his shoulder and legs. If you watch the highlights you will notice a HUGE difference between the way Roethlesberger throws and how Trent throws. In fact compare Trent to any QB and you notice his deficiencies.

1. He throws the ball with a PUSHING motion not a throwing motion. He rarely puts his shoulder into a throw and it affects his velocity and accuracy.

2. He has a tendency to raise his back leg when he throws. That is fundamentally wrong because it gives him nothing to throw off of or push off of. Naturally his throws will be weak. I am officially calling it the Flamingo throw.

3. When his internal clock starts to tell him pressure is coming OR when he is waiting for a WR to get open he has a tendency to do this little dance with his feet. I think you will all remember this dance from the Hardy TD against Jacksonville.

4. He stares down his routes, especially the short throws. Which is why every receiver who gets a short throw from him gets killed right away. If you watch the video you will notice Farrior took steps towards the middle of the field off the snap, then he looked at Trent's eyes and changed direction the opposite way and made the pick. Actually you will not see this in the BB.com version, but watch it on the NFL videos version to see Farrior read Trent.

In all honesty, JP Losman had better throwing mechanics than Edwards. Just didn't have the mental tools to go with it.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/steelers-17-bills-0/72fdef42-553f-4ec0-9f30-14f8681a6edf#?id=72fdef42-553f-4ec0-9f30-14f8681a6edf

Watch the 2:00 mark. Trent's pick, watch his feet. Then watch the Roth throw at 1:38, the correct way to throw.

Im not saying Trent can't succeed, but, he has work to do.

JP Losman had terrible throwing mechanics which is why he constantly threw the ball into the WR's feet or over his head.

Oh how absense makes the heart grow fonder.

justasportsfan
09-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Not having a zip or fluttering balls should not be mistaken for bad mechanics.

DraftBoy
09-01-2009, 07:44 AM
I dont get your analysis Mahdi, Trent's mechanics are solid. I see occasional footwork issues but he should be in a WCO. Throwing motion, release point, timed release, shoulder turn, stepping into throws, all look fine to me.

Mahdi
09-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Mechanics=Overated.

I agree that many QBs have quirky or odd releases that may not be considered textbook.

But one thing that you have to do no matter what kind of release you have is step into your throws, use your shoulder, bring the ball back behind your head and use body torque to put velocity on the ball.

I simply dont see Trent do that. He has a lot more arm strength than what he is showing but he doesn't use it.

Maybe the reason he doesn't do that however is because he rarely throws downfield.

I just watched highlights of the first pre-season game against the Titans and Trent did throw a ball the way you should on the first series. However he overshot it and it got picked by Griffin. This could be the reason he is reluctant to throw passes that require him to put extra power on them making it more difficult to be accurate. So he settles for the easier throws that dont require power. Maybe it will just take a game where he lets himself go and plays football for him to feel comfortable throwing those passes.

Just a theory.

Mahdi
09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
I dont get your analysis Mahdi, Trent's mechanics are solid. I see occasional footwork issues but he should be in a WCO. Throwing motion, release point, timed release, shoulder turn, stepping into throws, all look fine to me.
I dont see that. I see other QBs step into throws. How bout you give me one example of Trent throwing a ball 20 yards or more on a line, fitting it between coverage.

I haven't seen it.

I saw Rothelesberger do it several times in one half against us with a small receiver named Ward.

justasportsfan
09-01-2009, 08:15 AM
I dont see that. I see other QBs step into throws. How bout you give me one example of Trent throwing a ball 20 yards or more on a line, fitting it between coverage.

I haven't seen it.

I saw Rothelesberger do it several times in one half against us with a small receiver named Ward.
he doesn't throw it between coverage much because he doesn't zip the balls but that has nothing to do with mechanics.

DraftBoy
09-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Your issue is with his decision making than anything mechanical.

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I didnt want to create the same thread again...

Simply, for those who weren't sure, I think it is clear that Trent is having issues with the mechanics of his throws and not just decision making...

Actually, I have a theory that combines with the mechanical issues to form what Trent has become...

I really think the throws Trent is not making in games is a result of him not being successful completing them in practice so he shy's away from them.

I really find it incredible that he has not thrown one single intermediate route all year, I dont care about deep balls, but you have to threaten the area behind the LBs and in front of the safeties in order to free up the rest of the field.

Trent IMO, cannot make those throws because of his mechanical deficiencies not his mental deficiencies. I think we all hailed Trent's intelligence since coming into the league. His intelligence is telling him, "I cant make the throw, so I wont try it."

He is going to have to work on this problem if he is every going to succeed.

Ickybaluky
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't think his issues are with mechanics. I think his issues are complete lack of confidence in the offense.

His OL --> especially at OT --> is bad, so he is thinking about not being protected. On top of that, the offense is too simple. Very little motion and varying of formations, generally predictable. They line up the same almost all the time. I don't think it is something he feels good about and it effects his play.

Edwards may end up flaming out, but he isn't getting a fair shot. I think he is being set up to fail, and fans love to blame the QB when things go wrong. I feel bad for the kid.

Canadian'eh!
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
I didnt want to create the same thread again...

Simply, for those who weren't sure, I think it is clear that Trent is having issues with the mechanics of his throws and not just decision making...

Actually, I have a theory that combines with the mechanical issues to form what Trent has become...

I really think the throws Trent is not making in games is a result of him not being successful completing them in practice so he shy's away from them.

I really find it incredible that he has not thrown one single intermediate route all year, I dont care about deep balls, but you have to threaten the area behind the LBs and in front of the safeties in order to free up the rest of the field.

Trent IMO, cannot make those throws because of his mechanical deficiencies not his mental deficiencies. I think we all hailed Trent's intelligence since coming into the league. His intelligence is telling him, "I cant make the throw, so I wont try it."

He is going to have to work on this problem if he is every going to succeed.

Confidence is not a mechanical problem... I've not seen any issue with them still... ive' seen issues with his ability to read the D and confidence.

You're still wrong this week too.

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Confidence is not a mechanical problem... I've not seen any issue with them still... ive' seen issues with his ability to read the D and confidence.

Im not wrong.

You are just stuck on this idea that Trent was hailed by Levy and Walsh as a very smart, accurate and technical QB.

What has Trent done exactly to prove me wrong about his mechanics? You realize Trent only completes the easiest throws to make for a QB.

When has he completed a pass that makes you so confident in his mechanics...

At least I have video evidence on my side... what you got?

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't think his issues are with mechanics. I think his issues are complete lack of confidence in the offense.

His OL --> especially at OT --> is bad, so he is thinking about not being protected. On top of that, the offense is too simple. Very little motion and varying of formations, generally predictable. They line up the same almost all the time. I don't think it is something he feels good about and it effects his play.

Edwards may end up flaming out, but he isn't getting a fair shot. I think he is being set up to fail, and fans love to blame the QB when things go wrong. I feel bad for the kid.
His OL protected him VERY well last year and for the most part this year. There have been countless plays this year where he had 3 seconds to throw and he does nothing with it.

The OL excuse is not valid.

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM

Exactly... he doesn't have confidence in his ability to make throws... because he fundamentally cannot make them...

2 years of being the starting QB is evidence enough that HE CANT MAKE THE THROWS.

You go ahead and keep believing that he has great mechanics though...

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d812ccc9a/Buccaneers-Defense-Highlight-WK-02-vs-Bills-2009

Trent = wrong way to throw into coverage.

Trent does not get any torque into his throws with his hips. To make that throw your jersey number should be facing the sideline and by the end of the throw it should be turned 90 degrees. This puts zip on the ball and keeps it from sailing. Trent threw that pass straight on and his release point is what causes the ball to fly over Evans and get intercepted.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812f0825/Sidney-Rice-30-yd-TD

Here we have the textbook way to make the exact same throw on the exact same route from the exact same distance...

Difference:

Favre makes his drop, his jersey number facing the sideline, his motion is fluid and his hips snap 90 degrees while he releases the football. Notice his release begins as he is flipping his hips and ends with his hips perpendicular to the sideline. The ball is on a line and does not sail.

That is the difference between a QB who has proper mechanics and one who doesn't.

That throw is the reason Trent does not throw intermediate routes. He is afraid to because he has difficulty making the throw.

Also, don't confuse Brett's kamikaze way of playing the game with bad mechanics. Brett has great mechanics he just has so much confidence in them that sometimes it leads to INTs.

DraftBoy
10-06-2009, 04:02 PM
His OL protected him VERY well last year and for the most part this year. There have been countless plays this year where he had 3 seconds to throw and he does nothing with it.

The OL excuse is not valid.

Trent has been the second most sacked QB in the league this year behind only Aaron Rodgers. 16 sacks in 4 games, the OL has been putrid, how have you not seen that?

Also three seconds is not enough time, in Training Camp teams run on a 4 second count before they call out sack.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Hes got poor vision he can NOT see the field at all.

BidsJr
10-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Im not wrong.

You are just stuck on this idea that Trent was hailed by Levy and Walsh as a very smart, accurate and technical QB.

What has Trent done exactly to prove me wrong about his mechanics? You realize Trent only completes the easiest throws to make for a QB.

When has he completed a pass that makes you so confident in his mechanics...

At least I have video evidence on my side... what you got?

You are wrong and your analysis is nothing but Fail.

sdbillsfan2
10-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Confidence or poor mechanics ? Who gives a rats behind ? Phillip Rivers has terrible mechanics, But he gets the damn job done. So if Trent has mental problems, let him go see Dr Phil. In the mean time we have to have someone who can toss the rock downfield. Screw potential. HOW ABOUT SOME RESULTS? We keep waiting for all this potential and the playoffs keep passing us by , and we get our A** handed to us by Miami.
We have receivers that are getting paid millions to catch a damn ball. Get them the ball. If they can't catch a good ball...........................NEXT!

I'm sick of mediocre teams. Piss poor coaching and F'n excuses. After 50 years of being a loyal fan , I"M DEMANDING better!

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Trent has been the second most sacked QB in the league this year behind only Aaron Rodgers. 16 sacks in 4 games, the OL has been putrid, how have you not seen that?

Also three seconds is not enough time, in Training Camp teams run on a 4 second count before they call out sack.
Its a 3 second count... not four.

And Rogers cant put points on the board... and so did Matt Cassell last year.

Mahdi
10-06-2009, 05:31 PM
You are wrong and your analysis is nothing but Fail.
You should be a lawyer with that kind of analytical thought. Very well stated argument.

yordad
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Also three seconds is not enough time, in Training Camp teams run on a 4 second count before they call out sack.And Aaron Rodgers is having a pro bowl year thus far with LESS surrounding talent.

Mahdi
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
And Aaron Rodgers is having a pro bowl year thus far with LESS surrounding talent.
77 cmp 127 att 60.6 % 1,098 yds 8.6 avg 6 TD 1 INT 20 sack 134 sck yds 101.1 Rating

70 cmp 117 att 59.8 % 790 yds 6.8 avg 5 TD 5 INT 16 sack
95 sck yds 76.5 Rating

Rodgers and Edwards...

ChristopherWalken
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
This is a horrible, uneducated arguement. Outisde of Ingtar, I doubt the rest of you have the credentials or experience to discuss this topic in detail.

DraftBoy
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Its a 3 second count... not four.

And Rogers cant put points on the board... and so did Matt Cassell last year.

No Im fairly certain its a four second clock. That's what we used the year I helped coach a HS team.

yordad
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
This is a horrible, uneducated arguement. Outisde of Ingtar, I doubt the rest of you have the credentials or experience to discuss this topic in detail.You don't think I have enough experience to realize Rodgers is doing much more with less?

DraftBoy
10-07-2009, 12:08 PM
You don't think I have enough experience to realize Rodgers is doing much more with less?

I believe he's referring more to the analysis and correction of mechanical issues, like footwork, arm motion, release point, wind up, etc...

That usually takes a pretty skilled set of eyes to see and recognize. Im not nearly trained enough to say with 100% certainty about some mechanic issues. Some stuff though like footwork and windup I feel like I can determine with the amount of tape work I already do.

Mahdi
10-07-2009, 01:50 PM
This is a horrible, uneducated arguement. Outisde of Ingtar, I doubt the rest of you have the credentials or experience to discuss this topic in detail.
What makes you so sure I'm wrong? You an expert? You are contradicting yourself. You say no one can discuss this topic yet you completely dismiss my argument and say its horrible. It's one thing to say that we cant discuss this topic and another to say Im wrong. Choose one. As far as you know, I could be right on the money.

Second, I am not just a casual fan of football that sits back on Sunday and watches and then waits till next week. I re-watch most games play for play, player for player. I watch their movements, techniques and the mechanics of individual players and plays. I analyze these things and that combined with knowledge I absorb by watching and listening to experts gives me enough insight to make my own judgments. Of course my judgments can be wrong, but experts get it wrong sometimes too.

Third, I am a high level soccer coach. And yes, that is not football, however, when your eyes are trained to look for details in athletic movements and mechanics it can easily apply to other sports. Soccer and football compare very well actually. There are many mechanical movements in both sports that are similar in nature and function.

Example, a right footed shooter in soccer takes a penalty shot, if the keeper sees the shooter open his hips towards the right he knows the shooter will shoot to his left and dives quickly to his left.

In football, when a right-handed QB drops back opens his hips all the way to the right sideline he knows the QB is most likely throwing to his side. Right handed QBs typically dont throw 10 yard out patters to their right side to often because in order to make that throw they have to open up their hips and like I said a CB will read that and make a play on the ball. A right handed QB throwing to his left is a much easier throw because he does NOT have to open his hips up to complete it safely. Funny how Trent got the easier of the two out throws intercepted.

To sum up, you dont have to be in the business of football to make an observation on mechanical movements of the game. Especially if you are someone who has educated himself on the finer details of the game.

If you don't agree, make a better argument. Dont tell me I'm wrong unless you can tell me why. Leave it up to someone who knows to correct me.

alnilla
10-07-2009, 05:50 PM
You say about trent not fitting the ball in between coverages. First example that comes to mind is the Redskins game when he fit it through 3 defenders i believe to freddy jackson. Second who says that you HAVE to throw the ball this way as long as it gets from point A to point B. Evaluate every starting QB in the league and ALL of them have the same "Mechanics" ball in the hand and a "throwing" action is performed if you want to be technical. Also i can see how kicking a soccer ball and throwing a football are the same thing. :crazy:

Mahdi
10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
You say about trent not fitting the ball in between coverages. First example that comes to mind is the Redskins game when he fit it through 3 defenders i believe to freddy jackson. Second who says that you HAVE to throw the ball this way as long as it gets from point A to point B. Evaluate every starting QB in the league and ALL of them have the same "Mechanics" ball in the hand and a "throwing" action is performed if you want to be technical. Also i can see how kicking a soccer ball and throwing a football are the same thing. :crazy:
So you had to think back to Trent's rookie year for a throw he made into coverage. That alone tells the story. Also, Trent lobbed that pass in there and was lucky Reed came down with it.

Yes every QB around the league has is own style, but every QB has to apply the same basic principles when making certain throws.

Lastly, if you dont understand the similarities between kicking a soccer ball and throwing a football then you have probably never been an athlete or coached a sport.

alnilla
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
So let me get this straight because I never played a sport (which i have) or coached (which i have) Track and Bball to be exact i cant see how they are the same. The ONLY similarities between the two is the motion and how you are "suppose" to follow your shot/throw. Your saying that David Beckham can go out there and throw a ball like Peyton Manning because well hell they are similar.

yordad
10-08-2009, 07:04 AM
So let me get this straight because I never played a sport (which i have) or coached (which i have) Track and Bball to be exact i cant see how they are the same. The ONLY similarities between the two is the motion and how you are "suppose" to follow your shot/throw. Your saying that David Beckham can go out there and throw a ball like Peyton Manning because well hell they are similar.Don't you think there are some similarities in swinging your leg as fast/powerful as you can, and swinging your arm? I figure there would be some basic principles. As in "to generate power you should use your hips".

Beckham spent his life appling these principles to his leg, Manning did it with his arm. He said they were similar, not the exact same thing.

There is a wrong way to throw a football. It might even be completed. It might look just as good too, or travel the same distance. But, at the same time it might be causing undo stress and joints that is doesn't have to. Rumor was this past off season Trent was actually rehabbing his shoulder a little.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 07:25 AM
why does everyone on here think they have any idea what "proper" throwing mechanics are???? oooooooh, because you played sports sometime in your life and watch them all the time, so you have unequivocally determined how people should throw a football. give me a break.

Joe Fo Sho
10-08-2009, 07:57 AM
why does everyone on here think they have any idea what "proper" throwing mechanics are???? oooooooh, because you played sports sometime in your life and watch them all the time, so you have unequivocally determined how people should throw a football. give me a break.

Dude, Trent throws nothing like the QBs in Madden and you know it.

Mahdi
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
So let me get this straight because I never played a sport (which i have) or coached (which i have) Track and Bball to be exact i cant see how they are the same. The ONLY similarities between the two is the motion and how you are "suppose" to follow your shot/throw. Your saying that David Beckham can go out there and throw a ball like Peyton Manning because well hell they are similar.
Those are not the only similarities between throwing and kicking and the fact that you think that proves my point.

DraftBoy
10-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Well there are models of ideal/efficient ways to throw the ball properly.These are taught but the one thing we have to keep in mind is that each individual QB is different in how they throw the ball. The best model is not always perfect for all QB's. But I say that knowing Mahdi knows this. He is a smart guy, we just see different issues with Trent.

Mahdi
10-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Well there are models of ideal/efficient ways to throw the ball properly.These are taught but the one thing we have to keep in mind is that each individual QB is different in how they throw the ball. The best model is not always perfect for all QB's. But I say that knowing Mahdi knows this. He is a smart guy, we just see different issues with Trent.
At the end of the day who really knows what Trent's problem is. It could be simply his mentality holding back his throws or it could also be his mechanics or even a combination of both.

At the end of the day Trent has a lot of work to do to become a franchise QB. Who knows, the light can turn on this week against the Browns and he will never regress again. Either way, he has to make changes to his game.