X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Trent has Horrible Mechanics.

And im not talking about the guy he takes his car to.

Trent simply does not throw the ball properly with his shoulder and legs. If you watch the highlights you will notice a HUGE difference between the way Roethlesberger throws and how Trent throws. In fact compare Trent to any QB and you notice his deficiencies.

1. He throws the ball with a PUSHING motion not a throwing motion. He rarely puts his shoulder into a throw and it affects his velocity and accuracy.

2. He has a tendency to raise his back leg when he throws. That is fundamentally wrong because it gives him nothing to throw off of or push off of. Naturally his throws will be weak. I am officially calling it the Flamingo throw.

3. When his internal clock starts to tell him pressure is coming OR when he is waiting for a WR to get open he has a tendency to do this little dance with his feet. I think you will all remember this dance from the Hardy TD against Jacksonville.

4. He stares down his routes, especially the short throws. Which is why every receiver who gets a short throw from him gets killed right away. If you watch the video you will notice Farrior took steps towards the middle of the field off the snap, then he looked at Trent's eyes and changed direction the opposite way and made the pick. Actually you will not see this in the BB.com version, but watch it on the NFL videos version to see Farrior read Trent.

In all honesty, JP Losman had better throwing mechanics than Edwards. Just didn't have the mental tools to go with it.

Watch the 2:00 mark. Trent's pick, watch his feet. Then watch the Roth throw at 1:38, the correct way to throw.

Im not saying Trent can't succeed, but, he has work to do.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 08-31-2009, 09:16 AM.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Trent has Horrible Mechanics.

you should put an application in for QB coach.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

there is nothing wrong with trent's mechanics.

Ben's mechanics have always been a bit fishy... i find it funny you are comparing trent's mechanics which are fairly strong to a guy who's mechanics are are not so strong, and claiming this proves trent has poor mechanics.

I find it really funny because of the QBs we've recently had, trent has had better mechanics then all of them. JP was a nightmare of mechanical issues. His footwork never improved. Trent came to us with WCO quality footwork.
      Last edited by Ingtar33; 08-31-2009, 01:58 PM.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

Bill Walsh said Trent's mechanics were best since Montana. Unfortunately his head is a mess since that Wilson hit last year.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

LMAO... "The Flamingo"!!

Comment

• Beastie Bills
            Senior Zoner
            • Mar 2009

His vagina must be getting in the way.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              there is nothing wrong with trent's mechanics.

Ben's mechanics have always been a bit fishy... i find it funny you are comparing trent's mechanics which are fairly strong to a guy who's mechanics are are not so strong, and claiming this proves trent has poor mechanics.

I find it really funny because of the QBs we've recently had, trent has had better mechanics then all of them. JP was a nightmare of mechanical issues. His footwork never improved. Trent came to us with WCO quality footwork.
              Roth is unorthodox in the way he plays the game, not the way he throws the ball. Rivers is the one with an unorthodox release.

And yes, there is something wrong with Trent's mechanics, he pushes his throws and does not use his body to throw and that is obvious. Not sure how you can disagree with that.
              Last edited by Mahdi; 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                Roth is unorthodox in the way he plays the game, not the way he throws the ball. Rivers is the one with an unorthodox release.

And yes, there is something wrong with Trent's mechanics, he pushes his throws and does not use his body to throw and that is obvious. Not sure how you can disagree with that.

pretty easily, because it's not true.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  pretty easily, because it's not true.
                  IYO.

When I watch other QBs I dont see them raise their back leg to throw. Not the way he does anyways.
                  Last edited by Mahdi; 08-31-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

He looks like he's shooting darts instead of throwing footballs...I hate it, it just looks real ugly, and there is absolutely no flow in his motion.
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Luisito23
                      He looks like he's shooting darts instead of throwing footballs...I hate it, it just looks real ugly, and there is absolutely no flow in his motion.
                      Couldn't have described his throwing motion better myself. Shooting darts is EXACTLY what it looks like.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by baalworship
                        Bill Walsh said Trent's mechanics were best since Montana.
                        Give me a break. You're take Bill Walsh's opinion over Mahdi's? :puh:

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                          Give me a break. You're take Bill Walsh's opinion over Mahdi's? :puh:

Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I'm calling Mr. Goodwrench
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• paladin warrior
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Depth perception
                              Trent Edwards is smart and has Terrell Owens, but only 11 TD passes in 2008 is a yellow flag. He also has a medical history, which means Ryan Fitzpatrick could be a factor. Fitzpatrick, however, had only eight TD passes in 372 attempts last season with the Bengals.

QB rank 23:--> T.Edwards.. I want Fitzpatrick to be a starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X