PDA

View Full Version : Roster changes to save the season.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
If I'm the coaches I have to realize that this team needs some emergency surgery. Here goes my best shot at saving the season:

1) Bell and Chambers at LT, Wood (LG), Hangartner, Butler(RG), Walker(RT). Butler is getting killed at RT. It's horribe to watch.

2) Get Steve Johnson on the field and use Parrish less.

3) Shouman, Stupar, Nelson in that order at TE. Cut Fine.

4) Can Maybin actually play on the left side? I think he can only play on Schobel's side. However they do it keep 5 DEs. Denney, Schobel, Maybin, Bryan and Ellis. Not great but Kelsay is a liability and it's time to cut him. Denney starts with Bryan or Ellis rotating in.

5) I am going out on a limb and saying that Corner should replace McGee. I would trade McGee now. I know I'm going to take alot of crap here on this one but I think Corner will get more picks even with the extra mistakes he makes.

6) Ellsion won the job but Nik Harris is a beast and better be used in rotation. Bowen might not make the roster as Buggs has looked better.

Any extra thoughts?

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
I have hard time cutting Fine. Keeping 4 TE's is not a bad idea though.

And I think trading McGee is a bad idea. Right now he is their best CB (McKelvin should pass him this season). Corner is a better fit as a 3rd CB. Not to mention if you trade him now, they will get nothing of value for him due to the timing and that is if there is a willing trade partner to take a guy going into hsi contract year.

As for the O-line, both Butler and Walker have been killed. I say keep Levitre in there and let him develop for this season, since it is likely a throwawy year regardless.

psubills62
08-31-2009, 09:27 AM
If I'm the coaches I have to realize that this team needs some emergency surgery. Here goes my best shot at saving the season:

1) Bell and Chambers at LT, Wood (LG), Hangartner, Butler(RG), Walker(RT). Butler is getting killed at RT. It's horribe to watch.

4) Can Maybin actually play on the left side? I think he can only play on Schobel's side. However they do it keep 5 DEs. Denney, Schobel, Maybin, Bryan and Ellis. Not great but Kelsay is a liability and it's time to cut him. Denney starts with Bryan or Ellis rotating in.

5) I am going out on a limb and saying that Corner should replace McGee. I would trade McGee now. I know I'm going to take alot of crap here on this one but I think Corner will get more picks even with the extra mistakes he makes.

6) Ellsion won the job but Nik Harris is a beast and better be used in rotation. Bowen might not make the roster as Buggs has looked better.

Any extra thoughts?

1) Agreed. Not sure Bell will be that great, but it gets him experience sooner.

2) Parrish has been pretty bad when he plays against the first-team defenses.

3) Why cut Fine? He's done OK in the passing game and is a good blocker. I'd rather them cut another position and keep 4 TE's. I'm curious...everyone notices that Stupar is doing well in the passing game, but how good is his blocking? I haven't heard anything about that.

4) I'd personally rather keep Denney over Kelsay, but I don't expect the coaches to agree. I also think Maybin should be on Schobel's side, but I'm sure the coaches don't want Schobel to come out on 3rd downs. I'm betting they'll go with Schobel (RDE) and Maybin (LDE) on third and longs.

5) Eh not really. McGee plays well enough. Corner is good, but not good enough to be a starter, imo.

6) I could be wrong, but I think Bowen is Mitchell's backup. So the second teamers are Bowen, Buggs and Harris. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, not 100% sure about that.

psubills62
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
I have hard time cutting Fine. Keeping 4 TE's is not a bad idea though.

And I think trading McGee is a bad idea. Right now he is their best CB (McKelvin should pass him this season). Corner is a better fit as a 3rd CB. Not to mention if you trade him now, they will get nothing of value for him due to the timing and that is if there is a willing trade partner to take a guy going into hsi contract year.

As for the O-line, both Butler and Walker have been killed. I say keep Levitre in there and let him develop for this season, since it is likely a throwawy year regardless.

Really? I know Butler's been beat several times, but I thought Walker has done well except for the INT play against Pittsburgh.

GreedoII
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
No to Chambers...he's garbage. Yes to Bell. Levitre just isn't ready.

Start Stupar. He's been pretty productive. Bring Nelson in on passing situations and the red zone

Corner has dropped a few picks this preseason. McGee is decent for this yr. Dump him next year.

Cut Kelsay. Start Ellis and rotate everyone else including Maybin. Move Maybin around like they did with Bruce. Freelance him.

Johnson should be in on every 3rd down at least.

Harris can tackle but can he cover? Rotate them which I think they will depending on the situation.

Fire the coaches and hire the janitor.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 09:34 AM
If this is McGee's last year why not trade him while he get's us picks. If we don't re-sign him we get nothing which is classic Bills mentality.

IMO, Corner is ready. He is a better tackler and ball hawk than McGee. McGee obviously has more experience which got him burned twice by Donald Driver for two TDs.

Denney is better than Kelsay. He'll have good rotation with Ellis or Bryan.

yordad
08-31-2009, 09:37 AM

Any extra thoughts?
1) maybe at the bye, he hasn't erned it yet. Actually, if his back is better, baybe Bell can make a move vs detroit.
2) When Owens back, Reed will be the slot guy. Johnson is already ahead of Parrish in my book.
3)4 TEs
4) Maybe is light, but he is strong, and did play some on the right in college. I say start him now, no joke.
5) No thankyou
6) I think Harris won, and is better, and is our best LB in coverage.

psubills62
If this is McGee's last year why not trade him while he get's us picks. If we don't re-sign him we get nothing which is classic Bills mentality.

IMO, Corner is ready. He is a better tackler and ball hawk than McGee. McGee obviously has more experience which got him burned twice by Donald Driver for two TDs.

Well it's been reported that Buffalo has opened contract extension talks with McGee's camp, so I seriously doubt they're looking to trade him.

justasportsfan
lol. Roster changes 2 weeks left before season starts. If only we were playing University of Buffalo on opening day , then maybe we'd have a chance.

GreedoII
08-31-2009, 09:38 AM
I see your point about McGee but he's hitting 30. Not sure if we get much for him. He's had injury issues as of late. I say use him up and let him walk

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2009, 09:38 AM

They are trying to resign McGee, so let's wait on that.

I think it is difficutl to say Corner is a better ball hawk with what McGee has done in his career. Has shown big play ability throughout. And, yes he did get burned by Driver. Of course all CBs do so. And he is a pretty solid tackler. I like Corner, but he is not McGee yet.

And, yes Denney is better than Kelsay. I actually like Denney as a #3 DE. He gets pressure and uses his height to tip passes on 3rd down.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 09:45 AM
TEs:

1) Schouman can block and catch well.

2) Nelson can catch well, but he can't block. He's the reason the FG got blocked.

3) Stupar has played well in everything they have asked of him. The guy needs to be on the roster because he earned it.

4) Fine has looked slow, he's dropped balls, and he doesn't block all that well. He needs to go.

Prov401
08-31-2009, 09:52 AM

Any extra thoughts?

1. Yes. Walker is too big, and is going to get many holding calls this season, if he is at LT that is.

2. Yes. Parrish needs to go after this season. I think Lee and Steve are the future of this team. Hopefully Hardy can come through, as I don't see us retaining Owens or Reed after this season.

3. 4 TE's.

4. I agree with a few other postings here. Start Maybin.

5. Honestly, I don't see what many on this board see in Mcgee. He seems to get beat often. I think he is an average CB, but I will say this: If he didn't have to defend a Randy Moss, or a Chris Chambers for 7 seconds every snap due to the lack of pass rush we have, I do think he will be able to make a few more plays.

6. I don't know about Bowen being released. I do believe that Nic Harris will be starting at some point this season. Ellison did have a rare, good game against the Steelers, and solidified his starting position for opening day.

To the thread, I'll add one important addition to changing our season. Fire Dick.

Marvelous
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM
H-Cane, wtf bro?
" Save the season" ? huh wha?
--This is premature even for negnancies. Seriously bro, it's not like we are 0-3 in the real season..

-Cut Fine so we can keep Stupar doesn't make sense to me. But i think ii see why you want this. I'll explain. Stupar is blowing it up & Fine is boring & most likely to not be our long awaited Metzalaars replacement. Stupar does look good & is fun to watch, but ima thinking it's two things. These UDFA's always play with super intensity in pre-season.
-& 2- He's getting more attempts then i've ever seen a TE get in our system.
I'd be interested in letting Trent Edwards have a voice on who is our starter. Fine is only entering his 2nd season & i'm with 1BD on seeing how he progresses..
-The question about Stupar is -Is he as good as he looks & is he getting so many attempts/passes cause he's able to get open? If YES so be it..

--McGee-- He really angered my whoole family/house when Tedd Ginn abused him. I'm Sure McGee broke Watsons record of being the most abused CB in Buffalo Bills history in that one game against Miami/Ginn.. But he does start..
--Some wanna keep Roscoe for his ST skills and he's hardely the WR that McGee is CB. But, Is this the last chance to get value for Mcgee because of his age??? If so then maybe i do agree.. But we are better with him. I could see Washington or Miami paying him alot next year..

-I agree that Steve Johnson needs to play. Is he hurt? I havent seen him.

---I'm not gonna get all bugged out because we look mediocre on offense. The pre-season is designed for teams to iron out their kinks..NOt like any Neg-Nacies are gonna eat crow if we end up 3-1 ----or-- 6-2 etc..

yordad
09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
NOt like any Neg-Nacies are gonna eat crow if we end up 3-1 ----or-- 6-2 etc..I will literally go eat a crow if they start out 6-2, and I will love it. I hear they taste like chicken.

FlyingDutchman
09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
i dont understand cutting fine

X-Era
09-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Any extra thoughts?

In this plan we added no one who makes the overall talent level better, just shuffled people around... Im sorry but I dont see that saving the season.

trapezeus
09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
i'm fine with cutting fine.

I think keeping mcgee is important. what team is going to trade anything of value for him this year knowing that he's a free agent next year. I don't think you get enough for him at this point and then you lose depth at an area that may have DB's running around for 4-6 seconds every play. Keep him.

I think using Parrish less actually makes him too gimmicky. As in, when he comes on the field, everyone will knkow its a reverse or a wildcat play. i think he needs to split time with johnson, and if johnson just straight up proves to be better (which i think we all know), then it'll be time to tell roscoe the truth. You are our Al Edwards. You return kicks, no more no less. and if he can't live with that, next year he can go wherever he thinks he's wanted.
Everything else sounded ok to me.

jamze132
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
O-line: Bell, Levitre, Wood, Hangartner, Walker

WRs: TO, Evans, Reed, Johnson, Parrish

TEs: Stuppar, Nelson, Schouman

DEs: Schobel, Maybin, Bryan, Ellis (**** Denny and Kelsay as they can both lick my gooch)

Lbs: Poz, Mitchell, Harris, Ellison

CBs: McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Florence

S: Scott, Byrd, Whitner

In that order.

X-Era
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM

DEs: Schobel, Maybin, Bryan, Ellis (**** Denny and Kelsay as they can both lick my gooch)

We cut all of our DT's?

In that order.

X-Era
09-01-2009, 02:55 PM

In that order.

We should cut all of our DT's?

jamze132
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
We should cut all of our DT's?
I didn't include the obvious. Way to stay sharp.