PDA

View Full Version : It's preseason people.

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Since when does looking good or bad in preseason have ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING? The Lions went undefeated and looked like playoff contenders last preseason. Look where that got them.

Everyone needs to chill out. The coaches aren't going to be calling anything but vanilla plays, and the players aren't going to be doing anything but going through the motions (the starters anyways).

Relax. It's a bit early to throw in the towel and write the season off, isn't it?

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
You should be more worried.

It not like it's that we are just not gameplannign well enough.

Our players are getting dominated in the basics. Blocking, Tackling, coverage, running routes, Making throws over 5 yards, reading basic D's.....

If we can't do the basics well, how are we going to fair when teams are really brining it?

Typ0
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
We've been debunking your arguements for a couple weeks now. Face it, the offense is not ready to play football yet and the QB play has been horrible. Season or preseason doesn't change that.

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2009, 09:49 AM
You should be more worried.

It not like it's that we are just not gameplannign well enough.

Our players are getting dominated in the basics. Blocking, Tackling, coverage, running routes, Making throws over 5 yards, reading basic D's.....

If we can't do the basics well, how are we going to fair when teams are really brining it?

I'll be worried if they start the season 1-3 or 0-4. Until then, I'm not going to sit here and ***** and moan about how crappy the team will be.

trapezeus
08-31-2009, 09:49 AM
i'd buy your argument if we were winning little battles. but we aren't. No one is capable of decent blocking. We are seeing players fail in positions.

And that last press conference with jauron pretty much said it all. his eyes were wide open as though he was shocked at how bad it is. He looked complete shell shocked.

That's not a good sign in preseason or regular season.

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll be worried if they start the season 1-3 or 0-4. Until then, I'm not going to sit here and ***** and moan about how crappy the team will be.

Well, I have no doubt we will once again get demolished by the Patriots, and if you can't even COMPETE with them, that's an ominous sign... but I agree that I won't write things off until I see how we play against NO and TB. If we lose one or both of those games, you know we are bad.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Since when does looking good or bad in preseason have ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING? The Lions went undefeated and looked like playoff contenders last preseason. Look where that got them.

Everyone needs to chill out. The coaches aren't going to be calling anything but vanilla plays, and the players aren't going to be doing anything but going through the motions (the starters anyways).

Relax. It's a bit early to throw in the towel and write the season off, isn't it?
I dont care about the results. But the confusion Trent is experiencing against the 3-4 is concerning.

DMBcrew36
08-31-2009, 10:14 AM
This preseason, despite an extra week of practice and extra game advantage over every team we've played but Tennessee, our offense has averaged 16.8 yards per possession. Opposing defenses have outscored our offense 7-3.

I don't see know how anyone could NOT be worried.

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:14 AM
You're right, it's "just" pre-season, and the outcome of the games matters not. But what does matter is how your #1's look against their #1's, and based on that it's going to be a long year. Did the 1's even score a TD this pre-season?

mybills
08-31-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't care about pre season, but I do care about the kind of QB we have, and Trent isn't "it" for me.

Billz_fan
08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't know how anyone season or preseason can objectively watch this team play and not get a knot in there stomach. The players are not executing there individual jobs and getting beat on both sides of the ball. Trent has happy feet and checks down almost immediatly every pass play. He has no confidence at all. You could tell that as he went to the sideline after each 3 and out. He looked defeated. Something is wrong with this kid and our coaching staff either doesn't realize it (I almost cannot fathom that) or they lack the ability to help him. He wasn't lke this when he got here. I dare say he has been ruined in 3 short years here with this staff.

ALso, this team is not a no huddle team. No way, no how and we have wasted the entire training camp on it. I hope the defensive players have been doing there cardio because they are gonna need it. Pitt kept the football over 48 minutes Saturday and I expect this to continue. Especially without Marshawn the first few weeks I don't see many 1st downs in the future.

The good news is, Morman is solid as ever and Lindell will probably be a good fantasy pick up as I doubt we will get past the opponents 30 much.

If they come out and and produce a respectable winning percentage. I will be right here with egg on my face to face it. However I went to my first game in about 1978 and I have seen this team field some real stinkers, I see alot of those same qualitys I saw in some of those 2-14 teams. Makes me remember the Kay Stephenson days.

I do think this team will win more than 2 games. At least I hope so because I love the Bills and football season and it sickens me to think another one is in the tank.

Nighthawk
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
This isn't about THIS preseason...it is about a continuation of the poor play we've seen from this team for the past 3 years under Jauron.

GreedoII
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM

But this coaching staff's philosophy is Vanilla. They play vanilla schemes in the regualr season. The fact you see them playing like they have been playing since 2006 makes me think this. Expect crash and burn people....

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
This isn't about THIS preseason...it is about a continuation of the poor play we've seen from this team for the past 10 years under Wilson.Fixed that for you.

madness
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
If preseason is such a reflection of performance than the one drive T.O. was in shows nothing but promise for this offense.

ddaryl
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Honestly it will take a miracle for us to have a payoff season.

The Bills are a reflection of their choice in coaches and their inept owner who just can't pick the right people

BAM
08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Yep. But every last one of us will still pay hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars this season to go watch them play! GO BILLS!!!

BillsWin
08-31-2009, 11:48 AM
I dont mind losing in the preseason. I mind our first team offense not scoring any touchdowns in four games, our HOF wide receiver not getting into rythm with his QB because he hurt his toe. I mind our QB playing scared and refusing to pass over 5 yards almost all pre season. I mind us not being able to play against a 3-4 defense and I mind our offensive line sucking!!!

besides that, yeah its only preseason.

Iehoshua
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
As last year proved, it's not how you start, its how you finish.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 12:14 PM
When I watch pre-season I always use it as a time to evaluate talent. Nothing more, nothing less.

The score could have been 50-0 and it would have not mattered to me.

With that said the o-line, which was an area of concern, has Butler, Walker and Levitre all struggling well enough to give us some real concerns as they are the one unit that is playing together for most of the series with no subs.

The D has had tons of substitutions looking at players so my concern there isn't as warranted.

sdbillsfan2
08-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Since it's pre season , I guess these stats will miraculously disappear come opening day? Will somebody remind N.E. that we really are a playoff team! Maybe before they stop laughing their butts off, our offense can sneak the ball past the 50 yard line.

There is zero excuse for ineptitude.

<table class="yspwhitebg" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td class="ysptblhdr" width="24%" height="18">
</td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> <td width="6%"> </td> <td width="6%"> </td> <td width="8%"> </td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody1" align="right"> <td class="yspdetailttl first" align="left" height="18"> Buffalo</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Comp</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Att</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Yds</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Pct</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Y/A</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Sack</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">YdsL</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">TD</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Int</td> <td class="yspdetailttl">Rating </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td class="first" align="left"> R. Fitzpatrick</td> <td>8</td> <td>11</td> <td>65</td> <td>72.7</td> <td>5.9</td> <td>1</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>87.3 </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td class="first" align="left"> T. Edwards</td> <td>6</td> <td>13</td> <td>31</td> <td>46.2</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>1</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>21.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

Novacane
08-31-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't think any of us are concerned about winning or losing these games. It is the fact that our QB has looked totally lost out there. If you think that's only because it's preseason and he will be fine when the games count then more power to ya. I'm concerned. We'll see in another month or so.

sdbillsfan2
08-31-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Trent_Edwards/498854

After a 6-for-13 performance Saturday at Pittsburgh with no touchdowns and an interception (returned for a TD), Edwards is 26-of-38 passing for 189 yards and three interceptions with a passer rating of 47 in the preseason, the Bills' official site reports.

DynaPaul
08-31-2009, 06:15 PM
When YOUR starters look horrible against THEIR starters in all the preseason games it's time to be worried. No exotic scheme is going to make up for simple man on man battles on the gridiron. Yes, we are worried and rightfully so.

Night Train
08-31-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd like to throw the towel over Jaurons head and choke some emotion into that mush he calls brains.

A bag of rocks is more inspiring.

trapezeus
09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
i think teams that lose preseason games but win the starter matchups have less to worry about than teams that win but lose the starter matchups. That's the issue to me.

and i don't see anyone coming out saying, "so and so looks like he knows what he's doing." Maybin might be the only one and he has the luxury of not being tampered by jauron and fewell.