PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fire Chan Gailey!

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
I like this guy's offense a lot. The Chiefs O looked good last year and if the reports are true that Schonert is in trouble then this guy would be perfect.

Wouldn't mind taking Thigpen with him and if things look sour early in the season we replace both Schonert and Edwards.

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/31/source-chiefs-chop-chan-gailey/

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
There's no way that Thigpen goes anywhere now that Cassel is out for a while. But Thigpen would be a HELL of an upgrade over Edwards and Fitzpatrick. As far as Gailey being the OC? I personally wouldn't be thrilled, but again, it would be an upgrade.

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
There are 100 better options at OC than Schonert. But jauron is a "loyal" guy, and if he absolutely HAD to let Turk go, he'd probably just elevate some other guy who already works for the team.

Similar to how we were supposed to think that Turk would be different even thoughhe already worked on Fairchild's equally crappy O.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
There are 100 better options at OC than Schonert. But jauron is a "loyal" guy, and if he absolutely HAD to let Turk go, he'd probably just elevate some other guy who already works for the team.

Similar to how we were supposed to think that Turk would be different even thoughhe already worked on Fairchild's equally crappy O.
I dont think there are 100 better options at this point in the season. Also not realistic to get Shanahan in here to be the OC.

Gailey will want work and would be thrilled to get an OC job.

Canadian'eh!
08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
I dont think there are 100 better options at this point in the season. Also not realistic to get Shanahan in here to be the OC.

Gailey will want work and would be thrilled to get an OC job.

I meant there are 100 better options in the NFL than Turk... not for the here and now maybe.

But the thing is, I don't think there will be ANY change at this point... and if there is, it will likely come in the form of a promotion and NOT and outside coach.

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:20 AM

Gailey will want work and would be thrilled to get an OC job.I don't think it's realistic to get Shanahan at all. He's rumored to be a signature away from being the new coach of the Cowboys. I still think that as far as HC, the best, most realistic option is Schottenheimer.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 10:21 AM
I don't think it's realistic to get Shanahan at all. He's rumored to be a signature away from being the new coach of the Cowboys. I still think that as far as HC, the best, most realistic option is Schottenheimer.
Would love to get Shotty in here. Still willing to see what Jauron can get done this year. If not, peace.

GreedoII
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
You can't bring in a new guy and install a new scheme with 2 weeks to go. Be realistic please.

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
You can't bring in a new guy and install a new scheme with 2 weeks to go. Be realistic please.You can fire an entire coaching staff when you're eliminated from the playoffs in week 8 and start building towards the future though.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
You can't bring in a new guy and install a new scheme with 2 weeks to go. Be realistic please.
If this offensive ineptness continues will it really matter if we change OCs or not?

DraftBoy
08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Hell no, never in a million years. He was downright HORRIBLE with Georgia Tech in college and struggled with the Chiefs. What makes us think he is worth a look after two consecutive failures??

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Hell no, never in a million years. He was downright HORRIBLE with Georgia Tech in college and struggled with the Chiefs. What makes us think he is worth a look after two consecutive failures??
He was doing well in the second half of last season when Thigpen was starting.

DraftBoy
08-31-2009, 10:55 AM
He was doing well in the second half of last season when Thigpen was starting.

Thigpen struggled to close out the year losing 4 straight, so I dont get the claim that he was doing well in any regard.

bigbub2352
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
bring someone any one in

justasportsfan
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm almost sure Pioli's standards are high after leaving NE. If he thinks Bailey isn't at par with what he had at NE, then I don't want Bailey here. OUr coaching staff is already's NE's *****.

trapezeus
08-31-2009, 10:59 AM
regardless of Chan Gailey's talent, i refuse to get a piecemeal fix like changing the OC.

I want a full change at Head Coach at the bye week. At that point the season will be unwinnable and getting the top talent in during the remainder of the season pretty much sends the following signal from the new HC:

"i don't have to keep any of you unless you impress the hell out of me. That goes for coaches down to trainers and inclusive of players. You all work for me, and you all lost on your own. You keep sucking, i'll show you the door. I have a fairly large rolodex of very capable people that i want in here. So you have 8 weeks to try and keep your job."

I wouldn't be surprised if the new guy, Cowher or shottenheimer etc gets better play out of these guys in the back 8.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Thigpen struggled to close out the year losing 4 straight, so I dont get the claim that he was doing well in any regard.
Dont get me wrong. I dont think Thigpen is great or anything. Just may have more than Trent.

Really though, if Trent doesn't work out, I want a high draft pick at QB. Sick of the projects.

DraftBoy
08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Dont get me wrong. I dont think Thigpen is great or anything. Just may have more than Trent.

Really though, if Trent doesn't work out, I want a high draft pick at QB. Sick of the projects.

What does that have to do with you wanting us to higher Gailey? Im confused.

I wouldnt mind picking up Thigpen though he is clearly not available with Cassel's injury.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 11:08 AM
What does that have to do with you wanting us to higher Gailey? Im confused.

I wouldnt mind picking up Thigpen though he is clearly not available with Cassel's injury.
Obviously has nothing to do with Gailey. I simply responded to your comment about Thigpen.

DraftBoy
08-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Obviously has nothing to do with Gailey. I simply responded to your comment about Thigpen.

Ahh gotcha, well for the record then;

Thigpen :up:

Gailey :down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

Beastie Bills
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM

We hired Jauron didn't we?

DraftBoy
08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Jauron made the playoffs...warranted or not.

DynaPaul
08-31-2009, 06:12 PM
No way. Chan Gailey blows.