X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Chiefs Fire Chan Gailey!

I like this guy's offense a lot. The Chiefs O looked good last year and if the reports are true that Schonert is in trouble then this guy would be perfect.

Wouldn't mind taking Thigpen with him and if things look sour early in the season we replace both Schonert and Edwards.

Thoughts?

A source within the otherwise impenetrable walls of One Arrowhead Drive advises that the Chiefs have fired this morning offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Re: Chiefs Fire Chan Gailey!

There's no way that Thigpen goes anywhere now that Cassel is out for a while. But Thigpen would be a HELL of an upgrade over Edwards and Fitzpatrick. As far as Gailey being the OC? I personally wouldn't be thrilled, but again, it would be an upgrade.
    Last edited by MassEffect218435; 08-31-2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

There are 100 better options at OC than Schonert. But jauron is a "loyal" guy, and if he absolutely HAD to let Turk go, he'd probably just elevate some other guy who already works for the team.

Similar to how we were supposed to think that Turk would be different even thoughhe already worked on Fairchild's equally crappy O.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
        There are 100 better options at OC than Schonert. But jauron is a "loyal" guy, and if he absolutely HAD to let Turk go, he'd probably just elevate some other guy who already works for the team.

Similar to how we were supposed to think that Turk would be different even thoughhe already worked on Fairchild's equally crappy O.
        I dont think there are 100 better options at this point in the season. Also not realistic to get Shanahan in here to be the OC.

Gailey will want work and would be thrilled to get an OC job.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
          I dont think there are 100 better options at this point in the season. Also not realistic to get Shanahan in here to be the OC.

I meant there are 100 better options in the NFL than Turk... not for the here and now maybe.

But the thing is, I don't think there will be ANY change at this point... and if there is, it will likely come in the form of a promotion and NOT and outside coach.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
            • Apr 2009

I don't think it's realistic to get Shanahan at all. He's rumored to be a signature away from being the new coach of the Cowboys. I still think that as far as HC, the best, most realistic option is Schottenheimer.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
              I don't think it's realistic to get Shanahan at all. He's rumored to be a signature away from being the new coach of the Cowboys. I still think that as far as HC, the best, most realistic option is Schottenheimer.
              Would love to get Shotty in here. Still willing to see what Jauron can get done this year. If not, peace.

Comment

• GreedoII
                • Aug 2007

You can't bring in a new guy and install a new scheme with 2 weeks to go. Be realistic please.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by GreedoII
                  You can't bring in a new guy and install a new scheme with 2 weeks to go. Be realistic please.
                  You can fire an entire coaching staff when you're eliminated from the playoffs in week 8 and start building towards the future though.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GreedoII
                    If this offensive ineptness continues will it really matter if we change OCs or not?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Hell no, never in a million years. He was downright HORRIBLE with Georgia Tech in college and struggled with the Chiefs. What makes us think he is worth a look after two consecutive failures??
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Hell no, never in a million years. He was downright HORRIBLE with Georgia Tech in college and struggled with the Chiefs. What makes us think he is worth a look after two consecutive failures??
                        He was doing well in the second half of last season when Thigpen was starting.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

He was doing well in the second half of last season when Thigpen was starting.
                          Thigpen struggled to close out the year losing 4 straight, so I dont get the claim that he was doing well in any regard.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

bring someone any one in
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I'm almost sure Pioli's standards are high after leaving NE. If he thinks Bailey isn't at par with what he had at NE, then I don't want Bailey here. OUr coaching staff is already's NE's *****.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X