PDA

View Full Version : What would the offense need to do?

psubills62
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
...in order to redeem itself in your eyes?

Let's assume that Jauron goes out of character and makes the first team play 2 series against Detroit.

Is there any way the offense can redeem itself? Best case scenario in my mind is Owens and Evans heavily involved in the passing game, Edwards throws two or three passes 15+ yards and he throws for two TD's.

Would that help or would you just shrug it off and say "well, that's Detroit's defense for you?"

What do you guys think? I think it would help a little, but it can't erase what's happened in the rest of the preseason. I think if the best case scenario occurred, it would just show me how important Owens is to this team.

cocamide
08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I would feel better if they could put together a couple touchdowns in limited action. We have played some of the best defenses so far. Hopefully that has something to do with why we suck so bad. I'll remain optimistic until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. And at that point, I'll remain optimistic about a new head coach.

Mad Bomber
08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see some long, ball-control drives. I'd like to see drives ending in TDs. I'd like to see some good run blocking. I'd like to see a QB that looks like he's not scared s**tless on every play. I'd like to see Trent throw the ball more than 5 yards past the LoS.

Sounds like a Dennis Leary rant...

psubills62
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see some long, ball-control drives. I'd like to see drives ending in TDs. I'd like to see some good run blocking. I'd like to see a QB that looks like he's not scared s**tless on every play. I'd like to see Trent throw the ball more than 5 yards past the LoS.

Sounds like a Dennis Leary rant...

So if you saw a lot of all those things on two drives against Detroit, how satisfied would you be? Would you be optimistic about the season? Or would you be really cautious about it?

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
...in order to redeem itself in your eyes?

Let's assume that Jauron goes out of character and makes the first team play 2 series against Detroit.

Is there any way the offense can redeem itself? Best case scenario in my mind is Owens and Evans heavily involved in the passing game, Edwards throws two or three passes 15+ yards and he throws for two TD's.

Would that help or would you just shrug it off and say "well, that's Detroit's defense for you?"

What do you guys think? I think it would help a little, but it can't erase what's happened in the rest of the preseason. I think if the best case scenario occurred, it would just show me how important Owens is to this team.
No redemption till they perform well against a 3-4 defense. So their first chance will be week 1. We'll see then.

M
08-31-2009, 12:56 PM
At this point, I don't want to see anything against the Lions. But, I would like the O to lay it all on the line for the Monday Night game against the Patsies.

casdhf
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
I just want to see a little emotion and maybe a sense of urgency ... a touchdown would be nice too.

baalworship
08-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Ther is nothing they can do in the pre-season any more because the last game is basically all backups. So if we let our starters play more than a series Lions would have their 2nd string (and even if they didn't it's the Lions!).

Best thing Bills can do is start practicing full speed against blizing 3-4 D.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Protect the QB. Open running lanes. Call plays designed for more than a 5 yard gain.

I don't even have faith in that happening, though.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
My biggest concern is Trent's recurring confidence issues.
My 2nd biggest concern is Trent's passion for the quick check down.
My 3rd biggest concern is Dicks ball less influence.

Since all 3 of these are not new issues, I can only hope we have an insane defense this year.

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Outscore New England.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
The Bills need a couple of good drives for themselves and their confidence, not the fans on Billszone.

I think they have to send the first string out there and have some success.