PDA

View Full Version : About Marcus Jones, Wys...

TigerJ
05-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Say Wys, in the "Ten reasons Buffalo won't make the playoffs" thread, you stated ". . .it looks more and more as if (Marcus)Jones is having excuses launched for him and why he won't start." I'm not trying to pick a fight or disagree. I am curious about what you read or saw that gave you that impression. I personally have not seen it. Anyone else, If you've seen anything on the subject please feel free to chime in. A link would be most welcome.

venis2k1
05-22-2003, 09:02 PM
The only thing ive seen about how Jones was coming along was GW said "its coming along well". I guess we will have to wait until camp.

John Doe
05-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Its quite simple: take away Jones' best two months of rehab and the guy can't walk.

Dozerdog
05-22-2003, 09:28 PM
:lol::rofl:

venis2k1
05-22-2003, 09:57 PM
hahahahha

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-22-2003, 10:09 PM
:rofl:

Tatonka
05-22-2003, 10:31 PM
:lol:

WG
05-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Well, his injury was at the front end of last season. Last year they said he'd be ready for TC. Now it appears that he "may not be ready." I was reading between the lines a bit. But they didn't exactly spin it w/ an upbeat note I noticed. In fact, and perhaps I read into it wrong, I got the impression that this development was problematic. I'm expecting something of a chronic outcome to this.

We'll see. Could just be me! :D

I'm just thinking that if his development had been totally optimistic and promising that they would have used some strong words to indicate that instead of simply and very matter-of-factly stating that his healing is taking longer than expected.

TedMock
05-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I read it the same way and it makes me nervous. I'm really hoping this guy comes back to old form but I'm not confident. If he does, he's far better than any other end we have.

Tatonka
05-23-2003, 09:09 AM
l i n k???

WG
05-23-2003, 09:24 AM
I don't remember T. I looked for it on the "official site" but it only went back a week or so. I think it was from there. It was just a blurb, not a huge article.

All I remember is that it didn't exactly scream out "just wait until Marcus Jones hits the field this fall."

It may have been one of those e-mails they send out to ST holders. IDK.

WG
05-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Either way, given that his injury was ~ 9 months ago now, wouldn't you think that we'd have heard some exceptionally good news by now?

I mean if the status of McGahee is the same in October, you'll be somewhat worried, won't you? I know I will be wondering.

Nighthawk
05-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Wys, it amazes me how you are always complaining about what the Bills did or didn't do. I can't wait until I read a positive post from you...that will be such a relief. Don't get me wrong, I know that you post this stuff to get a rise out of people, but it really gets old. I may not post a ton, but I have been a regular visitor to this site for well over a year and you have not changed. Please relax and enjoy the Bills...they actually could be a good team this year...why try to bust the bubble before we even start the season? I mean what is the point? Granted, I don't agree with everything the Bills do, but man...I don't disagree with everything either.

venis2k1
05-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Wys is as big of a Bills fan as any, he just has a strange way to show it. I say thank god of Wys's posts because without them this offseason would go by ALOT slower.

Nighthawk
05-23-2003, 09:34 PM
That's fine and I agree...Wys is definitely a huge fan, but I sometimes think people say things just to hear themselves speak.

As for his posts keeping the offseason interesting...that's the truth!

Tatonka
05-24-2003, 12:05 AM
all the stuff i have read about jones says he is coming along fine.