• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

TO's got to be salivating

The Bills did absolutely lousy without him. It's perfect. This is going to be his chance once and for all to finally prove his actual worth to a team.

If the Bills blow up (I'm not saying it will happen. So don't yell at me), I don't think there is any doubt that he should get the credit.

I feel on the one drive he was a part of, was against a top notch defense and with the acception of the one bad play by Trent and Levitre, it looked like a sharp, potentially explosive offense.

I mean, if TO is really as good as his numbers and play have proven so far, and as good as I believe, it's got to help a QB's confidence.

A. If your in doubt, about what to do on a play, you have TO. Just give him the ball.

B. I firmly believe that aside from Marshawn, Fred and Rhodes, he's the only guy thats ever shown the ability to pick up yards after the catch. Lee has never, ever shown that. Nor has Roscoe, as when he's on offense, never really does anything. (He couldn't juke that ONE GUY on that reverse Saturday night...SUPERSTAR!!!)

C. TO can actually fight for a ball, even if he's covered. Lee can't. Lee is a straight up puss, and I'm now convinced of that. He never, ever catches an opposed football.

So, if that doesn't help a QB feel that "Hey, I can do this"...then I don't know who could.

At any rate, if the Bills come out and kick butt, TO should and probably will get all the credit. If this happens I also would have to say that we CAN NOT let him leave Buffalo for the rest of his career.

TO is our sparkplug. At least I'm praying that.
    Last edited by The Juice Is Loose; 08-31-2009, 12:21 PM.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: TO's got to be salivating

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
    The Bills did absolutely lousy without him. It's perfect. This is going to be his chance once and for all to finally prove his actual worth to a team.

If the Bills blow up (I'm not saying it will happen. So don't yell at me), I don't think there is any doubt that he should get the credit.

I feel on the one drive he was a part of, was against a top notch defense and with the acception of the one bad play by Trent and Levitre, it looked like a sharp, potentially explosive offense.

I mean, if TO is really as good as his numbers and play have proven so far, and as good as I believe, it's got to help a QB's confidence.

A. If your in doubt, about what to do on a play, you have TO. Just give him the ball.

B. I firmly believe that aside from Marshawn, Fred and Rhodes, he's the only guy thats ever shown the ability to pick up yards after the catch. Lee has never, ever shown that. Nor has Roscoe, as when he's on offense, never really does anything. (He couldn't juke that ONE GUY on that reverse Saturday night...SUPERSTAR!!!)

C. TO can actually fight for a ball, even if he's covered. Lee can't. Lee is a straight up puss, and I'm now convinced of that. He never, ever catches an opposed football.

So, if that doesn't help a QB feel that "Hey, I can do this"...then I don't know who could.

At any rate, if the Bills come out and kick butt, TO should and probably will get all the credit. If this happens I also would have to say that we CAN NOT let him leave Buffalo for the rest of his career.

TO is our sparkplug. At least I'm praying that.
    I thought you were leaving this messageboard? You're still here for some reason.

And salivating? After seeing the Pittsburgh and Green Bay games he's probably probably thinking, "Awww ****, this is going to be a long season."
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-31-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i would agree. if TO comes back and the offense is remarkably different, he'll have just proven that he deserves a huge contract, and a lot of GM's will notice that.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
          i would agree. if TO comes back and the offense is remarkably different, he'll have just proven that he deserves a huge contract, and a lot of GM's will notice that.
          My concern is that Trent may lose all confidence before MNF against the Patriots. It won't matter then, TO or no TO. The guy is on the verge of playing like he did on MNF against Cleveland when he had no confidence...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...lls-highlights
          Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-31-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I hate to say it but TO is our only hope.

however continuing to watch the ineptness of our O in general without him makes you wonder about the quality play of the other 10 guys on the field.

All I know is I do look forward to TO ripping every player and coach a new one on the sidelines. Sadly this might be the entire years worthwhile highlight reel

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

How can you say Evans never gets yards after the catch? LOL, rediculous.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

with the acception of all your points i agree
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

The Bills did absolutely lousy without him.
                  They did fine without TO in the Bears game. They even won.
                  Last edited by mybills; 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                    They did fine without TO in the Bears game.
                    The Bills in their 2nd preseason game, the Bears only in their 1st. And the Bears playing a 4-3.

We might as well chalk up all games against teams that run the 3-4 as a loss.
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 08-31-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                      They did fine without TO in the Bears game.
                      The starting offense managed a field goal in that game, they did not do that well.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

It was in reference to the very 1st sentence in the first post. It was without TO.
                        but I agree with DMBcrew36, he's prolly sayin "WTF did I agree to play for the bills?"
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by yordad
                          How can you say Evans never gets yards after the catch? LOL, rediculous.
                          Probably because he doesn't. Not "tough" yards anyway. If he beats a defender on a deep bomb, then yes, he can run the last 20 yards to the endzone. But show me a play where Lee caught the ball in traffic, and then made a guy miss, or broke a tackle to gain extra yards.

I'm assuming that's what Juice meant.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cocamide

I figured somebody would bring this up. And the reason we all remember that play, is because it is the one time in Lee's career that he's done it. How about the play against the Raiders last year when he let the defensive-back pull the ball out of his hands for the "interception". But regarding this play, I'm convinced that the only reason Lee actually fought for that ball is because his girlfriend JP came in the game, and Lee wanted him to be the starter over Trent.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Beastie Bills
                              Probably because he doesn't. Not "tough" yards anyway. If he beats a defender on a deep bomb, then yes, he can run the last 20 yards to the endzone. But show me a play where Lee caught the ball in traffic, and then made a guy miss, or broke a tackle to gain extra yards.

I'm assuming that's what Juice meant.
                              I will show you a play where he caught it in traffic when you show me a play where Trent threw to him in traffic.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X