PDA

View Full Version : Worth bringing in for backup Center?

mysticsoto
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Is he worth bringing in to backup Hangartner? I think it would be risky to move Wood to Center should an injury happen and then have to move someone else to RG (2 moves that would help destabilize the Oline further than what it is already):

Steelers released C Alex Stepanovich.

The former Ohio State star lasted 21 days on the roster. Stepanovich will likely resurface elsewhere this fall, but shouldn't be counted on to start.

6'4", 296 lbs, 27 yrs old.

Mahdi
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Is he worth bringing in to backup Hangartner? I think it would be risky to move Wood to Center should an injury happen and then have to move someone else to RG (2 moves that would help destabilize the Oline further than what it is already):

The former Ohio State star lasted 21 days on the roster. Stepanovich will likely resurface elsewhere this fall, but shouldn't be counted on to start.

I think Mckinney is just as capable at C and adds versatility playing G.

MassEffect218435
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Should have just kept Preston.

mysticsoto
08-31-2009, 03:33 PM
I think Mckinney is just as capable at C and adds versatility playing G.

I like McKinney's versatility...and yet, in every preseason game, he's had atleast 1 penalty and played poorly against 2nd and 3rd stringers...that bothers me!

Mr. Pink
08-31-2009, 03:39 PM
McKinney vs Stepanovich is a wash.

Why bother?

HHURRICANE
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM
McKinney vs Stepanovich is a wash.

Why bother?

He played on the Steelers. The steelers **** is more successful than us.

OpIv37
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM

destabilize this OL? You know, in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, some people were opposed to war with Afghanistan because they claimed the Russians already ruined it and it would be like "bombing rubble."

The same logic applies when you worry about destabilizing the OL.

mysticsoto
08-31-2009, 06:40 PM
destabilize this OL? You know, in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, some people were opposed to war with Afghanistan because they claimed the Russians already ruined it and it would be like "bombing rubble."

The same logic applies when you worry about destabilizing the OL.

I was talking about if there should be an injury midway during the season - when hopefully they've started to gel. How much worse would it be to all of a sudden have to do a reshuffle???

jamesiscool
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Should have just kept Preston.

ummmmm no. he's jobless. he's a bum.